PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watch out for Jump Ball Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! I KNEW I should have trademarked that! :D

Just checking out the history of Pats DBs vs BAL WRs.

Both Revis and Browner have covered Steve Smith.

In 3 games, Revis has two picks (one a pick 6) and has allowed a couple of receptions for 21 yards on several attempts.

In one game, Browner has allowed a 7 yd reception and a holding penalty on a handful of attempts.

Revis and Browner do not have play logs vs Torry Smith.

My assumption is that Revis is on Steve Smith and Browner on Torry Smith w/ over the top help from DMC as he is more of a deep threat than SS Sr at this point in their respective careers.

Collins/Chung help on Daniels.

That'll do. ;)

Truly, my biggest fear about this game is ******** DPI penalties. The playoff loss in 2012 doesn't bother me at all - NE played terrible and deserved to lose - but the regular season when the replacements massaged a 40-17 win into an absurd 31-30 loss still gnaws at me.

Truly, my biggest fear about this game is ******** DPI penalties. The playoff loss in 2012 doesn't bother me at all - NE played terrible and deserved to lose - but the regular season when the replacements massaged a 40-17 win into an absurd 31-30 loss still gnaws at me.

Top 3 reasons why the Pats lost in 2012
- No Gronk
- Talib went out w/ a hammy
- 3rd Qtr, Pats up 13-7 and driving. 3rd and 7. Guess who drops the f-ing ball.

Saw this mentioned by someone on a Bill Simmons article:

ESPN’s Total QBR stat has a sub-category called “PEN EPA” which ESPN defines as “Clutch-weighted expected points added on penalties”, and Flacco is BY FAR the leader in this category. I looked back further, and it turns out the leader in that category for every year since 2009, other than 2012, has been none other than Joseph Vincent Flacco.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/cwepaPenalties

BAL leads in 15 PA calls for.

NE is #2 @ 11 PA calls for.

Yardage differential is almost 2x for the Ravens. Ridiculous.

Top 3 reasons why the Pats lost in 2012
- No Gronk
- Talib went out w/ a hammy
- 3rd Qtr, Pats up 13-7 and driving. 3rd and 7. Guess who drops the f-ing ball.

Plus Ridley got HIDEOUSLY concussed on what was a gruesome play to watch. I literally had to leave the room for a moment. They were behind by 8 with lots of time to go and were driving, but once that happened, it was over.

Plus Ridley got HIDEOUSLY concussed on what was a gruesome play to watch. I literally had to leave the room for a moment. Once that happened, it was over.
I remember...Good buddy Bernard Pollard. That was early in the 4th qtr w/ the game still in reach.

Plus Ridley got HIDEOUSLY concussed on what was a gruesome play to watch. I literally had to leave the room for a moment. They were behind by 8 with lots of time to go and were driving, but once that happened, it was over.

Concussed by no other than bernard pollard

I remember...Good buddy Bernard Pollard. That was early in the 4th qtr w/ the game still in reach.

We have to be ready for this. There's no doubt that Baltimore is going to try and take some of our players out of the game. You saw it last night as soon as the second half started. The hits got harder and later, every play had a few guys "accidentally" falling on top of Pittsburgh's players. The helmet-to-helmet hits that they never got called for, even though a referee was right there to tell the concussed player to get off the field.

We have to be ready for this and our players need to be smart and see it coming. We also need to match their physicality and show them who is "soft."

We have to be ready for this. There's no doubt that Baltimore is going to try and take some of our players out of the game. You saw it last night as soon as the second half started. The hits got harder and later, every play had a few guys "accidentally" falling on top of Pittsburgh's players. The helmet-to-helmet hits that they never got called for, even though a referee was right there to tell the concussed player to get off the field.

We have to be ready for this and our players need to be smart and see it coming. We also need to match their physicality and show them who is "soft."

The Ravens are like the sandlot bully who expects that he can intimidate the other kids. It's worked against the Pats before, and it worked last night against Pittsburgh. But if the other team can punch them back, then it's a different story.

This will be a Brandon Browner kind of game.

The Ravens are like the sandlot bully who expects that he can intimidate the other kids. It's worked against the Pats before, and it worked last night against Pittsburgh. But if the other team can punch them back, then it's a different story.

This will be a Brandon Browner kind of game.
Not really concerned about toughness on the defensive side. As other have said, it is the OL vs. Ngata, Suggs et al. that will need to step up their play. Even if the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages of the Mankins trade, I believe we lost some toughness and attitude with Mankins that has not been replaced.

Last edited:
Whoever Browner is on...and he gets beat...flacco will just hope and pray and throw it up...

I said it when the rule changed, This league is built for qb's like flacco. the only thing elite about him is his ability to throw the ball really far so that his receivers can flop for 60 yard penalties.

That's "Elite" Jump Ball Joe to you.

I said it when the rule changed, This league is built for qb's like flacco. the only thing elite about him is his ability to throw the ball really far so that his receivers can flop for 60 yard penalties.

Pretty much this. Especially in the playoffs now when there are horrible calls just like the reg season. I don't know why people thought the NFL would let them play come playoffs..it won't happen and will only get worse

Fully expecting to hear holding/illegal contact/pass interference #39, defense called a lot.

The worst thing about how the Ravens do it is that it's clearly coached into them - Torrey Smith got a call yesterday where he engaged contact on the DB by hooking him but because the DB didn't have his head turned he got called!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft