PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stanley Morgan shafted once again for the HOF (link)

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score

How do you put Sterling Sharpe as your top senior WR candidate and not Morgan?

Sharpe:
595 receptions
8100 yards
13.7 YPC
65 TDs

Morgan:
557 receptions
10716 yards
19.4 YPC
72 TDs

Morgan played many more seasons, but he also played in the running back era, whereas Sharpe played at the start of the throwing era. Sharpe's QB was a gunslinger who threw constantly, while Morgan played on the best running team of all time.

Morgan being left out in favor of Sharpe is unjustifiable.

Agreed.

If you're a HOF voter, you should ask yourself this question: If their teams were reversed, would Drew Pearson or Lynn Swann, among other contemporaries maybe, have been voted ahead of Morgan?

If you're honest with yourself, then the answer would be a resounding HELL NO.

These ****ing voters instead have no ****ing perspective whatsoever.

Until Rodney Harrison gets his gold jacket, this whole institution is a complete farce.

I think Stanley is a HoFer, sure, but at least there's an argument against it that's reasonable. There is literally no excuse for Harrison not to be in the HoF. None. He checks every possible box.

Terrell Davis getting in was the big turning point, but it had been heading down that road for years.

Until Rodney Harrison gets his gold jacket, this whole institution is a complete farce.

I think Stanley is a HoFer, sure, but at least there's an argument against it that's reasonable. There is literally no excuse for Harrison not to be in the HoF. None. He checks every possible box.

Terrell Davis getting in was the big turning point, but it had been heading down that road for years.
What’s the reasonable argument against it?

What would the argument be?

What would the argument be?
Not enough catches/yards/TDs considering some of the receivers with more who also aren't in. Also a pretty short prime, compared to some others.

Edit: I don't subscribe to that argument because of his YPC and era, but the argument itself is reasonable enough.

Of course, Terrell Davis got in, so basically if you play 4 seasons that's somehow good enough.

Not enough catches/yards/TDs considering some of the receivers with more who also aren't in. Also a pretty short prime, compared to some others.

Edit: I don't subscribe to that argument because of his YPC and era, but the argument itself is reasonable enough.

Of course, Terrell Davis got in, so basically if you play 4 seasons that's somehow good enough.
I'm surprised because his numbers are higher than people in the hall. Definitely more than Carmichael, Biletnikoff, Stallworth, Swann, Cliff Branch and Drew Pearson.

But he didn't even making to the finalist voting stage, while Sterling Sharpe did.

Terrell who?

Short prime? He had his best season in his 10th year. He retired at 5th in nfl history in receiving yards behind largent, lofton, joiner and Maynard and 10th in receiving TDs

Two other former Patriot WR's Harold Jackson & Henry Ellard, also trapped in the Hall of the Very Good

Two other former Patriot WR's Harold Jackson & Henry Ellard, also trapped in the Hall of the Very Good

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back