PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video of Richard Sherman getting slapped after the WSH game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is one of the biggest in game trash talkers in the game.

Everyone's just mad our QB got told by a second year CB.

What a classless punk. He throws his arms up after the slap and says nothing, then when others step in and separate them he goes back into trash-talking mode. Can't stand ****s like that.

Actually, after seeing that video, it certainly does NOT seem as if he was trash talking after the game. Unless that video is heavily edited, he was congratulating the other team on a good game, good season and then Trent Williams came up to him out of the blue and punches him.

Completely different from the Brady situation (along with the subsequent celebratory tweets).

Last edited:

Yawn. How many times do you need this repeated for you?

Show us when Brady does that AFTER a game.

Last edited:
Actually, after seeing that video, it certainly does NOT seem as if he was trash talking after the game. Unless that video is heavily edited, he was congratulating the other team on a good game, good season and then Trent Williams came up to him out of the blue and punches him.

Completely different from the Brady situation (along with the subsequent celebratory tweets).

I believe he and Williams had exchanges during the game that led to the post-game confrontation. But if you re-watch the video, once people move in to separate them Sherman starts screaming taunts back at Williams.

Yawn. How many times do you need this repeated for you?

Show us when Brady does that AFTER a game.

Who cares? Why does the whistle blowing mean everybody's gotta to be a saint?

If you jaw like Brady and tell a CB to see you after a game, well - its clear at least Brady is inviting post-game talks.

You think putting on an air of respectability and not trash talking between games makes you classy?

And if so, why does being classy even matter? Do you get a warm and fuzzy feeling because your team has class?

I couldnt care less. In fact, I'd rather my team talk enormous trash and back it up. Being classy is to avoid looking like idiots when you lose. And that's fine, but that has nothing to do with us fans.

Well yeah exactly! No second year player deserves to step up to the greatest of all time to say anything, period...end of story.

If anything, Sherman should start any sentence addressed to Brady with...

"Excuse me Mr Brady...."

Anything else and he deserves another to be stomped.

If you jaw like Brady and tell a CB to see you after a game, well - its clear at least Brady is inviting post-game talks.

You think putting on an air of respectability and not trash talking between games makes you classy?

And if so, why does being classy even matter? Do you get a warm and fuzzy feeling because your team has class?

I couldnt care less. In fact, I'd rather my team talk enormous trash and back it up. Being classy is to avoid looking like idiots when you lose. And that's fine, but that has nothing to do with us fans.

Sounds like you never played sports to me.

Whatever game you play, you have to shake hands as either the winner or the loser with the same humility.

That IS what SPORTSMANSHIP is all about. One doesn't act gangster and get all in someone's face just because you won one game.

WEre you not aware of this?

Oh, and BTW...being classy has EVERYTHING to do with the fans, with the company (the NFL) and with Mr Kraft.

Were you not aware of this?

Last edited:
I talked enormous trash on and off the field when I played sports in high school.

I'd shake their hand after if they could get their temper under control. Some couldn't, but I'd always offer.

And yeah, I threw in some smack there too if they deserved it. Earned me a few shoves and some super strong handshakes.

Nobody remembers a classy loser. If that's an acceptable consolation prize all the power to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have never heard Brady trash talk after a game. Where are you coming up with this stuff?

how can you possibly not understand the difference?

In one instance you're trying to psych out an opponent to get a competitive edge. In the other instance, you're not. My God, seriously?

Sounds like you never played sports to me.

Whatever game you play, you have to shake hands as either the winner or the loser with the same humility.

That IS what SPORTSMANSHIP is all about. One doesn't act gangster and get all in someone's face just because you won one game.

WEre you not aware of this?

Oh, and BTW...being classy has EVERYTHING to do with the fans, with the company (the NFL) and with Mr Kraft.

Were you not aware of this?

Are those the sports were they don't keep track of the scores?

Watch the NFL for christ sakes. Coaches get close to fighting.

And BB,Brady have been ever so friendly after certain defeats.

how can you possibly not understand the difference?

In one instance you're trying to psych out an opponent to get a competitive edge. In the other instance, you're not. My God, seriously?

Why does it matter? Why should a pro athlete be classy?

There's no prize for second place. No nomination for being classy. You're paid to win. That's it.

If you get mad at the thought of a patriot not being classy I think you should look for role models elsewhere.

The only argument to not talk trash is to not look stupid after you lose. And if the athlete is okay with looking stupid it's not my problem.

There's no prize for second place. No nomination for being classy. You're paid to win. That's it.

If you get mad at the thought of a patriot not being classy I think you should look for role models elsewhere.

The only argument to not talk trash is to not look stupid after you lose. And if the athlete is okay with looking stupid it's not my problem.

I don't mind trash talking but you also don't want to do anything that's going to reflect poorly on the organization you represent or put the team in an awkward position. They already had him remove the images he posted about brady from twitter now he's mic'd up getting into a post game scuffle.

I actually like Sherman and his playing stlye/mind games and would like it a lot more if he kept most of it on the field....:cool:

Last edited:

I never said anything about classy. I said he was a fool. Going up to Brady and telling him he's nothing and then plastering it all over twitter is stupid as all hell. I'd be embarrassed. When I saw Williams whack him I laughed. He deserved it.

1) Unless you never noticed, the tackling and violent part (thus, the heated taunting) takes place only DURING the game.

2) Enjoy you Jet victories, Rex.

Last edited:
I talked enormous trash on and off the field when I played sports in high school.

Yeah but I'll be your Huckleberry.. isnt exactly "enormous" trash-talk nowadays ;)

I'd shake their hand after if they could get their temper under control. Some couldn't, but I'd always offer.

And yeah, I threw in some smack there too if they deserved it. Earned me a few shoves and some super strong handshakes.

Nobody remembers a classy loser. If that's an acceptable consolation prize all the power to you.

And no one remembers you either. The way your post read, one might think you thought you were a legned!

Which sports did you play Doc?

Last edited:
Are those the sports were they don't keep track of the scores?

I played division 1 football and I wrestled in high school. Got an offer to wrestle in college, but I opted to be a full time student as wrestling wasn't going to lead to a career.

So which sports did you play?

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Freddie Mitchell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back