OT: Richard Sherman does not want to throw the ball at the 1-yard line

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sherman 'upset' Carroll called pass at 1-yard line

In the third quarter of the Seattle Seahawks' 24-3 win Thursday night, the team faced a first-and-goal from the Los Angeles Rams' 1-yard line and opted to throw the ball to Jimmy Graham in the end zone.

That decision did not sit well with cornerback Richard Sherman, who engaged in a shouting match with members of the coaching staff on the sideline.

"Yeah, I was letting [Carroll] know. We've already seen how that goes," Sherman said, alluding to the Seahawks' Super Bowl XLIX loss to the New England Patriots, which ended on a Russell Wilson interception in a similar situation.

"I'm sure you guys have seen that play enough times," Sherman said.

Actually, I haven't seen that play enough times...

Bad play call but no excuse because you gotta execute. Patriots executed on defense better on that play and we won. I love how Sherman hasn't forgotten about it

Bad play call but no excuse because you gotta execute. Patriots executed on defense better on that play and we won. I love how Sherman hasn't forgotten about it
In case he might have trouble recalling the moment.

5044181.jpg

And I always like seeing him predict that TB would get his 4th SB win.
richard-sherman-taunt.jpg

Is there any controversy about Seattle's fake punt at the end of the game last night?

I was wordering why the hell Petey would call for a trick play in that situation. The Seahawks were up by 21 with a couple minutes left, why pull that nonsense? Just punt the ball and let the game end.

For one thing, the trick play seemed like a classless move. For another thing, he got his punter hurt.

I'm really starting to dislike that gum-chomping, smack-talking cheerleader Carroll

Is there any controversy about Seattle's fake punt at the end of the game last night?

I was wordering why the hell Petey would call for a trick play in that situation. The Seahawks were up by 21 with a couple minutes left, why pull that nonsense? Just punt the ball and let the game end.

For one thing, the trick play seemed like a classless move. For another thing, he got his punter hurt.

I'm really starting to dislike that gum-chomping, smack-talking cheerleader Carroll

I'm 19 years ahead of you.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they score a TD on that series by passing the ball? I didn't watch the game.

Just like the Patriots threw a fade to Gronk when they should have ran Blount!

Just like the Patriots threw a fade to Gronk when they should have ran Blount!

I wanted them to run as well but Gronk on Chancellor was a good matchup.

IMO the throw was pretty lousy

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they score a TD on that series by passing the ball? I didn't watch the game.

Yup, although the article says the first pass was almost intercepted, and they scored on the second pass (3rd down) of that goal line sequence. I didn't watch that poopfest last night so no clue.

Yup, although the article says the first pass was almost intercepted, and they scored on the second pass (3rd down) of that goal line sequence. I didn't watch that poopfest last night so no clue.

Yeah so maybe Sherman should just keep his mouth shut and leave the coaching to the actual coaches.

Yeah so maybe Sherman should just keep his mouth shut and leave the coaching to the actual coaches.

I do like the fact defensive players believe they can offer input on offensive play calls. Democracy in action.

Coaches coach. Players play. Sherman should really just STFU

I wanted them to run as well but Gronk on Chancellor was a good matchup.

IMO the throw was pretty lousy

I didn't understand why they went with the fade. There were many better options on a Gronk/Chancellor matchup.

What an ego on Sherman. If i'm the Seahhawks O-Line i take Sherman to the back of the woodshed.

I didn't understand why they went with the fade. There were many better options on a Gronk/Chancellor matchup.

Yea I don't have an issue throwing to Gronk in that situation. He is lethal.

I have an issue with the throw/fade. It was way too far out front and it invites too much of a contest on the throw itself.

Why not the inside slant?

Why not throw to the back shoulder?

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back