PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Richard Sherman does not want to throw the ball at the 1-yard line

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case any of you missed the game last night.

16bee4d46c83c1581a4a3d3d6c22d4e7.jpg
No kidding.

This is me this morning talking to my good friends Radar and BJ Honeycutt.

Hawkeye-MASH-Season-5-Episode-99-513x384.jpg

As much as I want to laugh at this....he and his teammates are probably traumatized by SB 49, that way our guys are by SB 42

Bad play call but no excuse because you gotta execute. Patriots executed on defense better on that play and we won. I love how Sherman hasn't forgotten about it

It wasn't a bad playcall. It was second down. They had one timeout left. They needed to stop the clock once, which means throwing the ball. They chose to do it on that down because the Pats were in goal-line defense. The Seahawks had scored with that play during the regular season. Malcolm Butler made an all-time great play. He should get credit for it. Instead, everyone falsely claims that Carroll made a dumb call.

A Head Coach Botched The End Of The Super Bowl, And It Wasn’t Pete Carroll

Does everyone hate fades? I know I do.

I like a fade when you're at the 10 yard line or a little further. I'm not the biggest fan of it on the goal line. That pass should have been a slant.

What an ego on Sherman. If i'm the Seahhawks O-Line i take Sherman to the back of the woodshed.

Their OL would try to take him to the woodshed and completely whiff on grabbing him. They're awful.

Wonder why? Oh, could it be all the money tied up in their defense? The defense that collapsed like a house of cards once Earl Thomas went down? I would LOVE to see the ****hawks in the Super Bowl.

Their OL would try to take him to the woodshed and completely whiff on grabbing him. They're awful.

Wonder why? Oh, could it be all the money tied up in their defense? The defense that collapsed like a house of cards once Earl Thomas went down? I would LOVE to see the ****hawks in the Super Bowl.

They just held the Rams to 3 points (you know, the same team that scored 1o against our Patriots).

Actually, I haven't seen that play enough times...

Way to kick off my morning! Thank you for this.

Related: I'm not a fan of YouTube fan reaction videos in general, but I do have to admit that the ones of Seahawks fans reacting to this play are some of my favorite homemade videos, period.

Regards,
Chris

It wasn't a bad playcall. It was second down. They had one timeout left. They needed to stop the clock once, which means throwing the ball. They chose to do it on that down because the Pats were in goal-line defense. The Seahawks had scored with that play during the regular season. Malcolm Butler made an all-time great play. He should get credit for it. Instead, everyone falsely claims that Carroll made a dumb call.

That's an idiotic analysis. The author blames Belichick for not calling a timeout. The truth was, there wasn't going to be enough time to do anything if they score, even WITH a timeout. What he did by not calling it was force them to make faster decisions. Which amplifies the chance of a mistake.
Also, the Seahawks scored with that play in the regular season, which is why the Pats had specifically PRACTICED THAT EXACT PLAY.

They just held the Rams to 3 points (you know, the same team that scored 1o against our Patriots).

That was a tight game that should have been tied at 10 going into the half but the Lambs couldn't hold onto or complete an easy pass wide open in the End Zone. Contrast that with the Patriots who were crushing them 17-0 at the half and cruised easily to the victory, allowing only a garbage time TD with two minutes to go while up by a ton.

Last edited:

He can't get credit for it and have it be a dumb play call? Why does it have to be one or the other. The play call didn't lose the game, they got out executed. The defense made a better play. If people thing it was a bad play call and don't give credit to butler they are fools. I personally think it was a dumb call, but that doesn't take anything away from butler because the call didn't make or throw the interception

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3