PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video of Richard Sherman getting slapped after the WSH game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the words of wisdom, Freddie Mitchell.

What I find difficult to understand is why anyone would want to talk trash after a sporting event was over.

I always got a good feeling shaking hands with the team or person who I defeated or who defeated me. To me, the feelings one gets from having solid sportsmanship would always outweigh getting all jiggy after a game and stooping to the lowness of rubbing it in someone's face.

Especially in a team sport like football where one individual didn't win or lose the game....which is true of Sherman.

In my opinion, trash-talking after a game is the act of a loser. And we are all defined by our actions.

I played division 1 football and I wrestled in high school. Got an offer to wrestle in college, but I opted to be a full time student as wrestling wasn't going to lead to a career.

So which sports did you play?

Ah...the internet **** measuring contest?

Don't feel the need to disclose anything about myself to strangers but i've played/play sports.

Ah...the internet **** measuring contest?

Don't feel the need to disclose anything about myself to strangers but i've played/play sports.

Don't ask the question if you don't like the answer. Aren't you the one who asked him if he was playing sports that don't keep score?

What I find difficult to understand is why anyone would want to talk trash after a sporting event was over.

I always got a good feeling shaking hands with the team or person who I defeated or who defeated me. To me, the feelings one gets from having solid sportsmanship would always outweigh getting all jiggy after a game and stooping to the lowness of rubbing it in someone's face.

Especially in a team sport like football where one individual didn't win or lose the game....which is true of Sherman.

In my opinion, trash-talking after a game is the act of a loser. And we are all defined by our actions.

In rugby, brawls used to break out on the field. And god help you if you got into a brawl, because at the post-game drink up, you'd find yourself tied with rope to the person you brawled with (back-to-back) as the two of you passed beers to one another.

Don't ask the question if you don't like the answer. Aren't you the one who asked him if he was playing sports that don't keep score?

He was the one who started taking some bull**** shots at another guy about "have you ever played sports" and giving his holier than thou bull**** that contact sports don't involve trash talk,emotions,fights.

Now kindly (Please be quiet - edited). <- you get the idea

Last edited:
He was the one who started taking some bull**** shots at another guy about "have you ever played sports" and giving his holier than thou bull**** that contact sports don't involve trash talk,emotions,fights.

Now kindly (Please be quiet - edited). <- you get the idea

If you support professional athletes "getting all jiggy" after games, then I AM holier than thou art!:D

Last edited:
Gifted player? Yes.
A-hole? Absolutely.

No matter how many times it's point out to them, these people don't get it.

Bird was notoriously quiet when the game wasn't on.

We are talking about POSTGAME activities.

How many more times must this be said?

A few more times please for the challenged ones....

Should sink in soon....

Looks like Trent came up to him. Sherman didn't even retaliate, he's a smart kid who plays head games and they work. He's an even better corner.

Exactly. It's all an act to screw with the WRs, and it works. He's not an actual moron thug like Joey Porter or Santonio Holmes; he's getting a Masters at Stanford. He's hilarious on the Seahawk's youtube show too. I'd love him to be a Patriot.

Last edited:
Last edited:
No matter how many times it's point out to them, these people don't get it.

Bird was notoriously quiet when the game wasn't on.

We are talking about POSTGAME activities.

How many more times must this be said?

For RandomKid1, you need to draw diagrams with primary colors.

Last edited:
OK, you obviously don't understand the English language.

You've been told SEVERAL times in this thread, AFTER a game does not mean DURING a game.

Yet, you keep posting about stuff that happens DURING a game.

If you are going to continue to be that obtuse, then you are not even trying to argue - - your only goal then is to annoy.

What the hell are you talking about AFTER a game? You and Patriotsreign deemed it allright that he got punched and i've been defending him for something as trivial as talking trash.

Williams was at fault as he was clearly the instigator. And what has Sherman done off the field actually? A twitter pic (something about Brady asking them to come see him after the game?) and calling himself Optimus Prime?

What the hell are you talking about AFTER a game? You and Patriotsreign deemed it allright that he got punched and i've been defending him for something as trivial as talking trash.

Williams was at fault as he was clearly the instigator. And what has Sherman done off the field actually? A twitter pic (something about Brady asking them to come see him after the game?) and calling himself Optimus Prime?

RandomKid, after seeing the Williams video with sound, I never said it was ok for him to punched on Sunday. For what he did after the Patriots game? Yes. Definitely.

You keep bringing up trash talking by great athletes DURING games.

If you can't tell the difference, after it has been brought up to you SEVERAL times, then your only purpose in this thread is to annoy.

RandomKid, after seeing the Williams video with sound, I never said it was ok for him to punched on Sunday. For what he did after the Patriots game? Yes. Definitely.

You keep bringing up trash talking by great athletes DURING games.

If you can't tell the difference, after it has been brought up to you SEVERAL times, then your only purpose in this thread is to annoy.

Ah so the big issue all along is Sherman posting that twitter pic about Brady(shocker). Shall we take this discussion to appropriate thread then? Because i thought this discussion was about Sherman getting smacked in the face for talking trash. The only reason i keep bringing up "during games" is because that's all Sherman did. After the game you see him congratulating Redskins players until Williams walks up to him.

Last edited:
Ah so the big issue all along is Sherman posting that twitter pic about Brady(shocker). Shall we take this discussion to appropriate thread then? Because i thought this discussion was about Sherman getting smacked in the face for talking trash. The only reason i keep bring up during games because that's all Sherman did. After the game you see him congratulating Redskins players until Williams walks up to him.

Duh.

There would not have been such a reaction here if he hadn't done what he did in October.

We've ALREADY said according to what's on the Sunday mic'd up video, he did nothing wrong.

But back in October, he pursued it with Brady after the game on the field and on the internet (and the Seahawks forced him to back down) and OBVIOUSLY lots of Patriots fans were more than happy to see him get punched.

Evidently, you're late to the discussion because you have been constantly harping on other players who talk trash DURING games. That has nothing to do with the discussion.

If you need a 7th explanation, we can all start a collection to hire you a tutor.

Last edited:
OK, you obviously don't understand the English language.

You've been told SEVERAL times in this thread, AFTER a game does not mean DURING a game.

Yet, you keep posting about stuff that happens DURING a game.

If you are going to continue to be that obtuse, then you are not even trying to argue - - your only goal then is to annoy.

Brady told him to see him after the game.

And no one remembers you either. The way your post read, one might think you thought you were a legned!

Which sports did you play Doc?

There's just no point in being a classy athlete. There's no obligation for any athlete to be a goody2shoes.

If you want to apply silly no feelings get hurt concepts like sportsmanship to pro ball go ahead - just know athletes are paid to win.

They don't owe you squat except their 100% on the field. How they act is up to them. If seeing Spikes at a charity makes your day you've been fooled by Pats PR. It's all brand management that I detest. Most of these players are vicious and under that pile they will do anything to get that fumble. Don't think just because they smile and act coy between games they're anything like the image they put on.

I played basketball by the way. KG's my sports idol. I played hard, had a lot of fun, had a ton of people hate me after games and i loved every moment. Ate a lot of crow too but that's part of the game.

Talk trash - if you can back it up. I know it made me work to live up to my words.

I bet the Pats O-line was real smug they didn't talk back when Justin Tuck said they'd cut off the head of the beast last year, right?

Last edited:
i played basketball as a lifetime sport. I had people hate me after the games too.
Sadly, they were my team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back