PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video of Richard Sherman getting slapped after the WSH game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the hell are you to be going around putting words in other peoples' mouths?

I FULLY supported BB sitting Welker down in that playoff game with the Jets for what he said about Ryan before the game. I fully support Harrison being flagged for late hits and suspended for PED's. I fully supported Pat Sullivan getting his for getting up in Millen's grill after the 1985 playoff game.

Argue whatever point you want to make, but if you are going to paint me or other posters here with YOUR projections, you're going to get a very hard time.

I said all along that Harrison SHOULD have been flagged and he was. He served the punishment.

Welker should have been sat down for violating BB's rules and he did. He served the punishment.

Pat Sullivan should have been planted for taunting Millen. He was.
Really? I never thought it was THAT big of a deal. Didn't Brady get picked on that first drive? He didn't just punish Welker, he punished the whole team. Maybe in hindsight he regrets it. One drive can make all the difference in a game. To sit your best receiver because of something silly like that, just dumb imo. Who knows, maybe he never gets picked on that drive and the pats score and go on to beat the steelers and packers. The margin of error is too small in the playoffs to intentionally bench someone like Welker.

I just read all 13 pages of this thread. Talk about feeling like you're getting punched in the head...and yet I couldn't stop...*click* next.... *click* next.... like watching a train wreck in slo mo.

Last edited:
Can't say that's wrong, but it doesn't sound right. He was a second round pick and Villanova is prominent enough for him to have to have been honorable mention All America and all Big East.
Al Davis was from Brockton originally, there was the Stingley incident, Billy Sullivan called him a liar over some court disputes and i believe long had been bad mouthing the Patriots, maybe about the Hannah hold out.

They did pick Tony Collins right before him, but i imagine it was because they needed a running back.

I've never heard anything but Long chiding the Pats, maybe because they could have had him?

The Pats had a good defense including four good D linemen. I've just never heard of Sullivan saying he wasn't good enough (before that playoff when he had a few adult beverages in him), but maybe he did.

Those teams had damn good personnel in those years, so i doubt they drafted based on hometown's, that was the early years.:D

There was no Big East in 1980, and Villanova Football was dropped as a sport 4-5 months after Long graduated:

"On April 14, 1981 the program was officially disbanded due to weak attendance and monetary reasons cited by the University Board of Directors.[1] Athletic Director Ted Aceto had stated they had sold only 750 season tickets for the 1980 season with 95 scholarship Players." This from Wikipaedia.

Long may not have said anything, but there was, as is normally the case with local kid anywhere, local support for him to play for the Pats and I recall bad blood between Long and Sullivan before that playoff game in 1985.

Sullivan fils was an ass, I had met him on Newbury St a few times in the late '70's and he did nothing to dispel what I had heard negatively, but Matt Millen was a cheap shot artist for grabbing him from behind and hitting him with his helmet.

Wow, this has been a long 2 weeks. This is all 30 years ago.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed sherman getting slapped in the face, over and over and over again.

I feckin hate Sherman, and hope he gets blind-sided by a Roddy White block on the way
to a Falcons TD (one of many, I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back