PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video of Richard Sherman getting slapped after the WSH game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duh.

There would not have been such a reaction here if he hadn't done what he did in October.

We've ALREADY said according to what's on the Sunday mic'd up video, he did nothing wrong.

But back in October, he pursued it with Brady after the game on the field and on the internet (and the Seahawks forced him to back down) and OBVIOUSLY lots of Patriots fans were more than happy to see him get punched.

Evidently, you're late to the discussion because you have been constantly harping on other players who talk trash DURING games. That has nothing to do with the discussion.

If you need a 7th explanation, we can all start a collection to hire you a tutor.

Most of you were *****ing about Sherman in this thead as if we was to blame for the Williams incident,which he clearly wasn't. Williams lost his cool over something that is very common in the NFL and sports. Atleast you finally admitted that you didn't watch the video with sound.

You are also assuming that the Brady-Sherman incident was one sided. Sherman said it wasn't. Brady didn't care to give an answer. It was a punk move to put up a twitter pic but jeesh. U MAD BRO? There's been way harsher stuff thrown at Brady.

Most of you were *****ing about Sherman in this thead as if we was to blame for the Williams incident,which he clearly wasn't. Williams lost his cool over something that is very common in the NFL and sports. Atleast you finally admitted that you didn't watch the video with sound.

You are also assuming that the Brady-Sherman incident was one sided. Sherman said it wasn't. Brady didn't care to give an answer. It was a punk move to put up a twitter pic but jeesh. U MAD BRO? There's been way harsher stuff thrown at Brady.

People also forget Brady asked for it.

Brady told him to see him after the game.

There's just no point in being a classy athlete. There's no obligation for any athlete to be a goody2shoes.

If you want to apply silly no feelings get hurt concepts like sportsmanship to pro ball go ahead - just know athletes are paid to win.

They don't owe you squat except their 100% on the field. How they act is up to them. If seeing Spikes at a charity makes your day you've been fooled by Pats PR. It's all brand management that I detest. Most of these players are vicious and under that pile they will do anything to get that fumble. Don't think just because they smile and act coy between games they're anything like the image they put on.

I played basketball by the way. KG's my sports idol. I played hard, had a lot of fun, had a ton of people hate me after games and i loved every moment. Ate a lot of crow too but that's part of the game.

Talk trash - if you can back it up. I know it made me work to live up to my words.

I bet the Pats O-line was real smug they didn't talk back when Justin Tuck said they'd cut off the head of the beast last year, right?

What you don't understand (just to limit it to two things) is;

1) "See me after the game" is a throw away line that Sherman CLAIMS Brady said (and, of course, you take that as gospel). SHERMAN said that during every time out HE WENT INTO BRADY'S FACE and jawed at him about not daring to throw his way. HE claims that all Brady said was "Yeah, see me after the game". It could have been "Get outta my face man".

2) I never said anything about having to expend energy to be "classy". I could care less about excessive actions that are classy. It just takes MORE energy. it also takes MORE ENERGY THAN THAT to jaw and clown. How about just wanting your players to focus on the game at hand instead of pleasing RandomK1's need for comedic entertainment???

You keep switching this away from the subject of just paying attention and focusing on the game. LaDanian Tomlinson was just as ADHD to his craft in worrying about his classy statue as Richard Sherman is to trying to host Comedy Central.

You really are a better fit for Jets fandom. They will give you everything you want.

Last edited:
What you don't understand (just to limit it to two things) is;

1) "See me after the game" is a throw away line that SHERMAN says Brady said (and, of course, you take that as gospel). SHERMAN said that during every time out HE WENT INTO BRADY'S FACE and jawed at him about not daring to throw his way. HE claims that all Brady said was "Yeah, see me after the game". It could have been "Get outta my face man".

2) I never said anything about having to expend energy to be "classy". I could care less about excessive actions that are classy. It just takes MORE energy. it also takes MORE ENERGY THAN THAT to jaw and clown. How about just wanting your players to focus on the game at hand instead of pleasing RandomK1's need for comedic entertainment???

You keep switching this away from the subject of just paying attention and focusing on the game. LaDanian Tomlinson was just as ADHD to his craft in worrying about his classy statue as Richard Sherman is to trying to host Comedy Central.

You really are a better fit for Jets fandom. They will give you everything you want.

Can you read? My response was to PR.

You act like mouthing off is distracting - - tell Michael Jordan, arguably the King of talking smack - that.

Last edited:

Holy cow, no matter how many times people make this distinction, you still don't get it!! Unreal. Rarely have I come across someone this hardheaded. Brady talks trash DURING the game, not AFTER.

Are you honestly defending a guy who has never won anything going after a guy who has made a career out of winning? It's embarrassing.

People also forget Brady asked for it.

Brady asked for it?

Now I've heard it all.

"You're nothing," sherman to Brady.

And you agree with it.

Sherman is a stupid moron. And you agree with him.

Last edited:
Holy cow, no matter how many times people make this distinction, you still don't get it!! Unreal. Rarely have I come across someone this hardheaded. Brady talks trash DURING the game, not AFTER.

Are you honestly defending a guy who has never won anything going after a guy who has made a career out of winning? It's embarrassing.

No, we're not "not getting it".

What we are saying is that the distinction does not matter.

It's not supporting Sherman either. It's saying man up and eat your lumpy lumps and face defeat.

Just like what they say about running up the score - if you don't like it - WIN!!

Last edited:

The Jets haven't won anything in 43 years. They have fans who love them and their "cool" coach.

Last edited:
Can you read? My response was to PR.

You act like mouthing off is distracting - - tell Michael Jordan, arguably the King of talking smack - that.

Basketball is not football.

Did Michael Jordan play in the NFL?

So you are going to bring up Michael Jordan, why not Freddie Mitchell?

Football is a thinking man's game for someone who can focus. See: Ochocinco. Also see Corey Dillon and the change in his focus when he came to the Patriots.

Last edited:
No, we're not "not getting it".

What we are saying is that the distinction does not matter.

Which is why the NY Jets act the same way off the field as they do on it.

You would love Rexy.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that this is the Rodney Harrison thing. When it's our guy he's a fan favorite. Dennard fights some out of uniform cop - cool as long as he can play. Spikes is hardly a saint - everybody loves him. Talib comes here with what kind of a history? Atleast he's tall and can cover. Pats putting the lights out on Chargers was funny as hell, huh?

Way too much hate for a guy that hasn't really done **** compared to some of the other thugs in the nfl, on and off the field.

I wonder what the theme around here was if pick #33 is R.Sherman to NE Patriots.

Completely different situations, regardless of the teams being played for.

Brady's talked trash after games, You've just forgotten.

"We play those guys a lot and they've only beat us one time in all the times that I've played them," Brady said. "So they talk a lot for beating us once in nine years."

Remember that after the Ravens?

How bout "Only 17 points?"

Also do you really think the Pats are better because we have a good image? Is that it?

Cause that's frankly pathetic. Especially insinuating that Id be a better jets fan.

I couldn't care less if the entire world hates the Patriots. (They do!) I just want them to win. If everyone reviles our image - well I'm glad they're taking the defeat that much harder.

Last edited:

"We play those guys a lot and they've only beat us one time in all the times that I've played them," Brady said. "So they talk a lot for beating us once in nine years."

1.) is a response to trash talk, not trash talk itself.

2.) didn't happen after the game, but before, and wasn't trash talk.

So, you're 0-2 here.

Last edited:

Wrongo.

That was BEFORE a game, and in RESPONSE to direct taunting from Suggs.

It was the equivalent of your vaunted (and alleged) "Oh yeah see after the game".

Show us all, Doc Holliday, an instance when Brady INITIATES trash talk.

We're waiting.

[Edit: Just saw Deus jumped all over this too - - Doc Holliday is serving up some easy steak for everyone]

Last edited:
I'd rather my team not lie when theyre on camera to protect a corporate brand.

Bottling up how they really feel. See: Welker in 2010

Not to be rude my friend, but the total number of instances you have posted of a PATS player trash talking is far less than what the other teams do before the end of the first quarter in any given game.

Not to be rude my friend, but the total number of instances you have posted of a PATS player trash talking is far less than what the other teams do before the end of the first quarter in any given game.

And it shouldn't be that way. Trash talking has zero to do with performance.

It's just brand management, and artificial constraints like that are silly and shouldn't be confused for genuine class. Patriots keeping their trash talking away from the mic doesn't make them any better if they're still talking on the field. You're just hiding it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey