PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very thin @ CB.. Will a trade for an experienced CB be viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipster9

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I tried to raid KC Chiefs (1-4) for Sean Smith. Tall and a very good CB. He is in last year of contract. He was not interested in an extension.

With KC doing bad, maybe they can get a pick for Sean? Bills' buddy Reid?

There are so many really awful teams, that a trade should be possible. Especially with the deadline pushed back.

...The Patriots trade more than any other NFL team, so they could try to pull the trigger on a cornerback before the trade deadline at 4 p.m. on Nov. 3. Teams typically trade players who are in the last year of their contracts. The Patriots have made deadline deals the past three seasons, acquiring linebacker Jonathan Casillas in 2014, defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga in 2013 and cornerback Aqib Talib in 2012.

Make it so...

****, bill will probably sign a few guys off the street and plug them in.

I want Marcus Cooper.

This is becoming an "Earthwind Moreland" kinda year...

My binky's keenan Lewis.

They have a 2,3,4,6 and 2 7ths

If we had the 1st still we could turn that into a couple mid round picks to make up for anything we give up in a trade. Or just stick with it and not draft in the 2nd or 3rd. But if we trade a 2nd or a 3rd now we give up basically out entire 1st two days of draft stock.

If we had the 1st still we could turn that into a couple mid round picks to make up for anything we give up in a trade. Or just stick with it and not draft in the 2nd or 3rd. But if we trade a 2nd or a 3rd now we give up basically out entire 1st two days of draft stock.

They still get that money to sign a free agency even if they don't get to pick a player in the first round. I wouldn't mind giving up a 4th round for a corner.

I hear you but I don't think they'd need to give up more than a 4th.

Picking up as big salary is huge.

But we don't have cap room to fit a big salary dump. Lossing those picks really fu.cked us more than I had anticipated.

I think picking up a guy like Sean Smith would probably cost around $4mill for the remainder of the season

Verner would be even less, although he's not a FA after the season and his cap hit jumps much higher the next 2 years

But we don't have cap room to fit a big salary dump. Lossing those picks really fu.cked us more than I had anticipated.

Depends on the contract. Roberts being IR was a mistake. Idk. This team is one injury away in the secondary to being in trouble. Lets see what melvin brings to the table. I still don't trust logan ryan

I think picking up a guy like Sean Smith would probably cost around $4mill for the remainder of the season

Verner would be even less, although he's not a FA after the season and his cap hit jumps much higher the next 2 years
We have less than $3M cap room for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back