PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very thin @ CB.. Will a trade for an experienced CB be viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browner is having a terrible season and I believe he is leading the league in penalties.

After today's loss, he threw a temper tantrum in the locker room needing to be restrained by teammates. Brandon Browner blows up in locker room after loss

Over in the Black and Gold forums, Saints fans are calling for him to be cut. Browner needs to go

I'm wondering if people would like to bring him back if the Saints do cut him. It reminds me a lot of Blount and his struggles after leaving and then becoming a good soldier again after returning. I definitely think it would be worth a shot. He could shore up our secondary and provide it with the much needed depth.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if people would like to bring him back if the Saints do cut him. It reminds me a lot of Blount and his struggles after leaving and then becoming a good soldier again after returning. I definitely think it would be worth a shot. He could shore up our secondary and provide it with the much needed depth.

So much nope.

Browner is having a terrible season and I believe he is leading the league in penalties.

After today's loss, he threw a temper tantrum in the locker room needing to be restrained by teammates. Brandon Browner blows up in locker room after loss

Over in the Black and Gold forums, Saints fans are calling for him to be cut. Browner needs to go

Unless for veteran minimum I say absolutely not(and for min I wouldn't be thrilled). He's just not very good. If we brought him in I wouldn't want him to start over any of our top 3 corners. He'd have to be a role piece that can be used against teams that have a WR that creates trouble because he's tall and strong.

I think that Browner could help us vs Decker & Marshall later in the season, and vs Eifert, AJ Green,
Sanu & Marvin Jones in the AFCC...

It would honestly be hilarious if for the 2nd year in a row, a former Pats player at a position they need help/depth at did something to get himself cut and end up back here. People would add that to the list of "cheating ways" somehow.

If it happened, I'd be all for signing him if nobody puts in a claim (someone probably would though. And there may be mutual interest between him and Seattle).

I think Belichick would use Browner a lot better than Rob Ryan has and he wouldn't equally as bad here.

Will the Patriots be able to obtain Jennings off waivers? We could use another body on the depth chart

I think that Browner could help us vs Decker & Marshall later in the season, and vs Eifert, AJ Green,
Sanu & Marvin Jones in the AFCC...

Help how? By turning around to watch as they blow past him on the line?

Will the Patriots be able to obtain Jennings off waivers? We could use another body on the depth chart

This is the second time he's gotten cut this season. Say a lot about his play, especially in a CB-needy market, if two teams think he's not worth a roster spot.

He's been around for a while...he's had decent success. I'm sure BB knows his strengths and weaknesses. I'm hoping BB sees value there.

EDIT: 2 Pro-Bowls is better then decent success. Maybe he can get hooked up with the fountain of youth for the last half of the season and the playoffs...and then he can call it quits. Retiring with a ring is a good way to go out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back