PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very thin @ CB.. Will a trade for an experienced CB be viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five non-division leaders have less losses.
Four others have the same 5 loss record.
Not great odds.
One game out of wild-card if Pitt loses today
UOTE="PatsWickedPissah, post: 4406882, member: 3212"]Five non-division leaders have less losses.
Not great odds.[/QUOTE]
What 5 non-division leaders have less losses? I count three; NYJ,Pitt and Oak.

If the Pats were in the same situation, you'd be OK with BB throwing away the season by trading away one of his better players?

The Patriots fan base is in a much different position than the Chiefs fan base. The Patriots fans would be saying "Brady can bring them back" if NE was 3-5. The Chiefs fans would be saying "We've got no shot" if they were 7-0.

The Patriots fan base is in a much different position than the Chiefs fan base. The Patriots fans would be saying "Brady can bring them back" if NE was 3-5. The Chiefs fans would be saying "We've got no shot" if they were 7-0.

Judging by some on this forum, the Pats fans would be having a breakdown if we were in the same position as the Chiefs.

As Buffalo, Miami and NYJ start playing each other. That only increases the Chiefs chances of making the playoffs. Good chance in a week or two they are the top on the outside looking in wild-card contender.

Judging by some on this forum, the Pats fans would be having a breakdown if we were in the same position as the Chiefs.

Some would, no question.

As Buffalo, Miami and NYJ start playing each other. That only increases the Chiefs chances of making the playoffs. Good chance in a week or two they are the top on the outside looking in wild-card contender.

Their next two games are at Denver and at San Diego. If recent history holds, the Chiefs are a lot more likely to be 3-7 than they are to be 5-5.

Their next two games are at Denver and at San Diego. If recent history holds, the Chiefs are a lot more likely to be 3-7 than they are to be 5-5.
But, the deadline is Tuesday, not in three weeks.

But, the deadline is Tuesday, not in three weeks.

That's irrelevant to my post. I was responding to your comment about the Chiefs:

"Good chance in a week or two they are the top on the outside looking in wild-card contender."

FYI all of these scenarios involve Draft Picks.. in 2016, we have a very few picks.. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and two in the 7th.. we already traded away #5 for Keyshawn Martin and #6 for Jon Bostic..

Even in 2017 Roger, in an effort to destroy this juggernaut, took away the 4th round pick..

Pats have 4 comp picks coming.

That's irrelevant to my post. I was responding to your comment about the Chiefs:

"Good chance in a week or two they are the top on the outside looking in wild-card contender."
Not if you're coaching the team. Much easier to sell trading a vet at 3-5 than 3-7 to the locker room.

Last edited:
Not if you're coaching the team. Much easier to sell trading a vet at 3-7 than 3-5 to the locker room.

Again, that's irrelevant to the likelihood of where the Chiefs will be in two weeks.

Again, that's irrelevant to the likelihood of where the Chiefs will be in two weeks.
It's totally relevant.. Thinking that it's not shows a lack of understanding that is ridiculous.

If the Pats were in the same situation, you'd be OK with BB throwing away the season by trading away one of his better players?

No.
I missed where I said Reid should or would.
I commented on their standings vs the rest of the wanna bees.

One game out of wild-card if Pitt loses today
UOTE="PatsWickedPissah, post: 4406882, member: 3212"]Five non-division leaders have less losses.
Not great odds.
What 5 non-division leaders have less losses? I count three; NYJ,Pitt and Oak.[/QUOTE]

Need to count again.
Math is hard! Not!

Oh, by the way, Jason McCourty is getting lit up by the Texans receivers and Brian Hoyer, just FYI.

They've got 1 win this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore