PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very Depressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I think the long drives yielded by the defense are not helping the offense too much (and vice versa). They can't get in a rhythm. Forget bend don't break, we need to be aggressive. I may be in the minority, but I'd rather give up a 98 yard TD pass than a 98 yard drive that keeps the offense off the field for half a quarter and prevents this offense from getting any kind of flow or confidence.

If the offense wanted to establish a rhythm that drive where the Broncos spotted them two 4th down conversions on penalties would have been as good a time as any.

We never seemed to complain when we won all those coin tosses.:rolleyes:

I'm not blaming the rule for the loss. I've always thought it was an unfair rule. It just stings more when it bites your own team.

We had blamed previous poor offensive performances to rustiness by Brady, to getting flustered by pressure, and to injuries. The fact is we just may not be a very good offense. Our play calling stinks, our running game is mediocre at best, and our passing game is predictable and can be stopped.

Yes ... I brought this up in another thread. This is a boring play calling
offense. There is not much imagination or creativity in this offense.
Teams have seen tons of film on it they know it as well as Brady does.
Problem .... it is probably to late to install a whole bunch of new stuff.
But they need to try. I saw the way PATs offense use to be on the other
side of the field. The loss of Josh was VERY VERY significant to the PATs
offense. Bill stop being so boring with your offense.
When Charlie was here he use to have a few new things every game.
PATs are in a box and they need to start thinking outside that box if
the offense is going to get back to where it was.

Last edited:
#1 on that list was maintaining intensity, focus and aggresiveness on a road trip to Mile High and after a big win against Baltimore. I think we failed miserably. The intensity was noticeably lacking in comparison to the Baltimore game. Frankly, I thought it was lacking all week on this board, with numerous comments suggesting that people were taking this game lightly despite being a road game at Mile High against an undefeated team.

You are somehow suggesting that what is said on this board has one iota of impact on the Patriots team's mental state? That thinking is off the deep end.

If the offense wanted to establish a rhythm that drive where the Broncos spotted them two 4th down conversions on penalties would have been as good a time as any.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to make excuses for the offense. Merely suggesting that losing the time of possession battle is the last thing to help an inconsistent offense.

And it goes both ways. The offense couldn't stay on the field, so a tired defense had to trout back out there.

I tried to watch the game on ESPN America but it wasnt showing for some reason?

I had to get up today and watch the highlights on youtube and I was very disappointed we didnt manage to win :(

Does anybody know where UK fans can watch the patriots game? Do they show them online?

Thanks

I tried to watch the game on ESPN America but it wasnt showing for some reason?

I had to get up today and watch the highlights on youtube and I was very disappointed we didnt manage to win :(

Does anybody know where UK fans can watch the patriots game? Do they show them online?

Thanks

They do show them online but the quality is average at best. Its against forum rules to post about that stuff so I'll PM the info to you.

They do show them online but the quality is average at best. Its against forum rules to post about that stuff so I'll PM the info to you.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!

I couldn't reply to your message because I have under 15 posts

And gameday is usually gamenight for me over here lol

This is one game where I think the coaching and playcalling of Josh McDaniels in particular really let the Patriots down.

Well played.

forget 03, we looked a lot worse 4 games into the season last year and went 11-5 with matt cassel as the Qb and a CB tandem of hobbs and o'neal. sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!

I couldn't reply to your message because I have under 15 posts

And gameday is usually gamenight for me over here lol

No problem. I use these myself since we don't get all the games here in NY.

Another fun thing to do if you don't have fellow fans to watch with, is to follow the live game thread here at patsfans. Its a thread with a live discussion of the game which happens for every game. Lots of passionate posts :D

The adjustments issue is a big one. In our two losses, we had chances to win for sure. The other team made some adjustments, and ours just didn't work. Even if they negated each other, we'd be undefeated right now.

BB has a good track record on this, so I'm not sure what it is. But I hope it will improve.

The inconsistency is awful, but I guess it's to be expected with Brady coming back. On the defensive side, today was awful, but the last 3 weeks were way better than I could have imagined. It's still a new defense working people in, and I think they'll be inconsistent throughout most of the year as they mature and come together.

I still believe they will be good by the end of the season. But I also believe this won't be the last bad performance we see from them.
One of the things I remember most from the Super Bowl years was that we were the kings of Halftime Adjustments, we'd come out and have a lackluster performance in the first half and then in the 2nd half BB et al would make some adjustments and we'd end up dominating afterward. I haven't seen that in a long time and I miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back