PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

****** Unofficial "Sure, why the hell not?" fix to the offense ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a few sub-packages this year that involved the 3-4 and Jones played in them as DE. As an example, see this breakdown of the defensive alignment against the Cowboys:

Breaking Down the Pats D Front against Dallas | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

In that Phins game they went base 3-4 and it was a disaster and not sub-package. They ran at Jones all game and they gave up chunk plays. Questions in the media that week were why did they stick with it when it clearly was obvious he couldn't hold up. People on this message board were going nuts and were screaming to go away from the 3-4.

In that Phins game they went base 3-4 and it was a disaster and not sub-package. They ran at Jones all game and they gave up chunk plays. Questions in the media that week were why did they stick with it when it clearly was obvious he couldn't hold up. People on this message board were going nuts and were screaming to go away from the 3-4.

Basing your evaluation of players upon game threads is as flawed an approach as it gets. They would have no one, including Belichick and Brady, left if they followed that line of thinking. Game threads are hysterical, period.

Operation Rescue HOOMAN. I barely liked him but I found out the grass isnt always greener{Scott Chandler).

Why do we neglect the offense financially? If we fielded a d of nothing but udfa they would most likely be no worse than 2011 that was actually good enough if not for a certain drop. I rather us overpay on offense. 2014 playoff offense isnt the norm. We struggle to break 20 points and that is a problem. Sign forte or rb from our division. Our division needs to be raided by us for once. Chandler didnt work but id try that route again. Lets get Anquan.

Basing your evaluation of players upon game threads is as flawed an approach as it gets. They would have no one, including Belichick and Brady, left if they followed that line of thinking. Game threads are hysterical, period.

We agree to disagree, I give the people on this board a little more credit than you do.

I rather read some of the write ups on this board than listen to the players or the media.

The training camps threads on this board are beyond detailed.

In the end football is a kids game played by men, not rocket science.

We agree to disagree, I give the people on this board a little more credit than you do.

I rather read some of the write ups on this board than listen to the players or the media.

I give posters here plenty of credit just not the game threads, which are hysterical overreactions to every single play. Judging Chandler Jones by comments in game threads is idiotic. Brady and Belichick would be long gone if Kraft did it.

Overall I think this is the best sports message board there is but I also think the vast majority of posters here recognize just how over the top hysterical the game threads are.

...A clue would be they drafted players to fill the void IE Flowers and Grissom and I didn't see them draft any LB's to replace Collins or Hightower...
Grissom absolutely, completely and totally sucks; mentioning his name to support the argument of not re-signing Jones actually helps the argument to re-sign Jones.

My group could still happen. C'mon Bill, make it so.

We need better than Blunt. He's not part of the solution; therefore he's part of the problem.

Brady deserves better than what he has around him right now.

Toby Gerhart.​

Well, one part of the puzzle is gone:

The Texans will likely sign Jeff Allen, a source tells me.@RapSheet had it first.

Allen is signing a four-year deal with $7 million a season, a source tells me.

Obviously, future events could warrant changes (and I'll try to do updates as available players change), and the money needed is still an unknown (although I tried to take it into account as best I could at this point), but here's a first stab at how to fix the offense, outside of the draft...

Matt Forte (FA) - RB
Chris Ivory/LGB (FA) - RB
Josh Gordon (Trade) - WR
Jermaine Gresham (FA) - TE
Jeff Allen (FA) - OG

Unless Gresham gets wildly overpaid, I think that group could be had (if at all) for reasonable money.

Ok, so sub out Gresham for Bennett at the cost of a draft pick swap and about an extra $1.5m. I think most of us are more than fine with that.

I don't like the Cooper for Allen sub, but at least Cooper has potential.

They missed on the Forte level RB

Still waiting on Gordon and LGB

Only 20%-40% of the way there, BB. No sleep for you tonight!

So BB grabs Shea McCleillin and Martellus Bennett from Chicago, but only had a passing interest in Forte? Seems to tell how he feels about him.

Has even one OLman accepted an invitation from this FO for a visit this off-season?
And if not, then why not?

Has even one OLman accepted an invitation from this FO for a visit this off-season?
And if not, then why not?

My guess is that Scar likes what he has - he hand'selected almost all of them (and was through the roof on Cooper, iirc).

I'm pretty sure the guy paid close attention last year and has input on where the Pats put their FA money. He must think the problems currently on the OL can be fixed in house. Or, there's something still brewing.

Obviously, future events could warrant changes (and I'll try to do updates as available players change), and the money needed is still an unknown (although I tried to take it into account as best I could at this point), but here's a first stab at how to fix the offense, outside of the draft...

Matt Forte (FA) - RB
Chris Ivory/LGB (FA) - RB
Josh Gordon (Trade) - WR
Jermaine Gresham (FA) - TE
Jeff Allen (FA) - OG

Unless Gresham gets wildly overpaid, I think that group could be had (if at all) for reasonable money.

Ok, so, to date....

Matt Forte slot is still open
LGB = LGB
Josh Gordon slot is still open (They've gone in a different direction)
Jermaine Gresham = Bennett
Jeff Allen = Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back