PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Unbelievable! Mike & Mike are still talking about Matt Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow--a bit touchy about Spygate are we? I come back this morning and you all seem to have your panties in a twist, oh, the namecalling. I've made all my points in an effort to represent how non-Pats fans view this situation and why it won't go away for you all no matter how badly you want it to. I couldn't help myself reading all the "victim" talk here on the issue--it's just so ridiculous. Keep flaming away all you want, but it wont change how you or your team are viewed around the League. Whether you care about that or not, it's up to you, but I could care less.

As for the lawyer thing, the funny part is that I actually went to law school in your neighborhood--a little school across the Charles that starts with an H and ends with a D. You might have heard of it.

PS Have fun hearing "F-ing cheaters" over and over again at any away game you go to this year, cause that's the first thing that comes to most fans' minds when your team comes up, at least both in WNY and in NYC (where I now live). In Buffalo in December, with a bunch of boozed up Bills fans eager for blood, I'd recommend not responding when that gets heaped on you (one of the benefits of the lowest ticket prices in the League is that our fans actually get to go to games, fans from all walks of life, including our version of your boys from Southie and Somerville), so I'd recommend you keep walking when you hear that from them--don't want to end up like that poor Pats fan (and I mean that sincerely, since it was a horrible incident and an embarrassment to the Bills) last year who was hospitalized in Buffalo last season after getting a horrible beating at the hands of some local drunken a-holes.....

FF,

There "used to be" many football fans who were obsessed with this "I want answers" thing regarding spygate. But like most highly publicized stories, the vast majority of these fans have "moved-on". By now, they could care less about bill Belichik, Matt Walsh, spygate and all the other anti-Patriot stories. Those who still remain on this bandwagon are the ustable-types who fixate on various topics in an obsessive manner. And there are very, very few left. You are one of them.

You need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are so fixated and obsessed with this topic. The reality is that it is of very little signifigance. On the scale of life, it doesn't even register. Yet you think about it all the time...you can't get it out of your mind. And everyday we read your posts that attempt to keep the story fresh, just reminds us all here how freakin' obsessed a man you are.

Get over it. Nothing is going to happen...NOTHING. So all your anger & the hours you've dedicated to posting on this story will have gone for nothing. You have made this such a personal, anger-based issue in your life that you may never recover. Seek help....NOW:eek:

Wow--a bit touchy about Spygate are we? I come back this morning and you all seem to have your panties in a twist, oh, the namecalling. I've made all my points in an effort to represent how non-Pats fans view this situation and why it won't go away for you all no matter how badly you want it to. I couldn't help myself reading all the "victim" talk here on the issue--it's just so ridiculous. Keep flaming away all you want, but it wont change how you or your team are viewed around the League. Whether you care about that or not, it's up to you, but I could care less.

As for the lawyer thing, the funny part is that I actually went to law school in your neighborhood--a little school across the Charles that starts with an H and ends with a D. You might have heard of it.

PS Have fun hearing "F-ing cheaters" over and over again at any away game you go to this year, cause that's the first thing that comes to most fans' minds when your team comes up, at least both in WNY and in NYC (where I now live). In Buffalo in December, with a bunch of boozed up Bills fans eager for blood, I'd recommend not responding when that gets heaped on you (one of the benefits of the lowest ticket prices in the League is that our fans actually get to go to games, fans from all walks of life, including our version of your boys from Southie and Somerville), so I'd recommend you keep walking when you hear that from them--don't want to end up like that poor Pats fan (and I mean that sincerely, since it was a horrible incident and an embarrassment to the Bills) last year who was hospitalized in Buffalo last season after getting a horrible beating at the hands of some local drunken a-holes.....

So, Harvard lawyer, why haven't you taken the time to answer ayones legal questions?

*I* think it's because you're a liar and a little b!tch, but that's just me.

So, Harvard lawyer, why haven't you taken the time to answer ayones legal questions?

Today is the second time FootballFanetic has used his "little school across the Charles that begins with an "H"" comment. I guess he doesn't realize that around these parts, Harvard & MIT grads are a dime a dozen. The average intellect of someone from this area is so high, we just take it granted how much smarter we are than the rest of the country. Especially area's like upstate NY!

Ok, I was flipping through stations and I got to ESPN and Mike Lupica was on Mike & Mike and Lupica said that Matt Walsh is on the top of the minds of every sports fan in America. Really?!? Maybe because ESPN will drudge up any reason to bring back up the story while the collective sports audience may get riled up for a day or two when they do and then quickly forget the whole thing.

Later an e-mailer wrote Greeney saying that America doesn't care and he basically chastised the e-mailer and the rest of the country because they should think this is the most important topic in sports right now or something to that effect.

That is why ESPN BOSTON failed. Felger was OK. (Before any WEEI idiots complain about mini-me, he'd actually do things like ask these idiots if when they won 35-12 in 1994 were they ashamed to be running up the score. How many of you complain that Peter King was never asked hard questions. Heck, Pete Prisco was a regular guest for years and the WEEI guys never called him out to his face.)

Felger on Fridays was OK, but his lead ins were Idiot and Moron in the morning (who make D&C sound good) and Colon Coward.

They are right. This isn't going away until we hear from Walsh himself what he has to say, without threat of being sued into oblivion. Plain and simple. I would think Pats fans themselves would want that--it's the only way for all of this to go away is for him to speak.

Are you actually that stupid or do you take supplements?

Do you honestly think most sports fans go to sleep wondering about Matt Walsh or they should?

I think 890 ESPN Boston failed because it has a thumb-tac for a transmitter!

Contrary to some opinion, people do listen to M+M especially, plus cowherd and trico/patrick. Pats fans my not like them but SPORTSFANS do and there's a difference.

Another thread filled with Irrelevant Flame War and Unfulfilled Promises by Wannabe Somebody's (im one of em).

Matt Walsh has nothing. If he did...We would have heard of it. Matt Walsh is no different than a Newbie poster Claiming to have "inside information" or unnamed sources inside the organization, and hopes for attention and fame. Matt Walsh just had bigger goals.

You got to at least give him props for pulling off the charade for this long....Balls of steel this Matt Walsh has.

FF,

There "used to be" many football fans who were obsessed with this "I want answers" thing regarding spygate. But like most highly publicized stories, the vast majority of these fans have "moved-on". By now, they could care less about bill Belichik, Matt Walsh, spygate and all the other anti-Patriot stories. Those who still remain on this bandwagon are the ustable-types who fixate on various topics in an obsessive manner. And there are very, very few left. You are one of them.

You need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are so fixated and obsessed with this topic. The reality is that it is of very little signifigance. On the scale of life, it doesn't even register. Yet you think about it all the time...you can't get it out of your mind. And everyday we read your posts that attempt to keep the story fresh, just reminds us all here how freakin' obsessed a man you are.

Get over it. Nothing is going to happen...NOTHING. So all your anger & the hours you've dedicated to posting on this story will have gone for nothing. You have made this such a personal, anger-based issue in your life that you may never recover. Seek help....NOW:eek:

Pretty good dressing down, just perhaps a tad misdirected when targeted at the lone troll to wander into yet another Walsh thread started by a member here. Over a hundred posts in a day and 2200+ hits...so somebody's fixated and obcessed for sure. Including some here who swore off the four letter network yet still manage to stumble into their programming daily. LOL

I have heard of the Howard School for the Mentally ChallengeD. You went there? I hear they have an excellent school for the stupid. And it is right next to Harvard to boot.

If you are going to lie about law schools you went to, maybe you should be a little more realistic.

I doubt you'd say that to my face, but that's just me. I'm "corporate" now, but wasn't always, and I maintain my ties from whence I came. I grew up in one of those WNY versions of Southie or Somerville, except our folks' names all ended in vowels, capische? To give some local flavor, I had a hit man's widow on my paper route as a boy, for ex. (she did tip well, I must admit, that is, when I could get her to answer the door through the 3 nasty German Shepherds she had out front in case the local boys still weren't through with her family.) Funny how the anonymity of a computer makes for a lot of tough guys who like to attack folks and call them names that they'd never dare do in real life. I don't mean to insult anyone or call them names--can I please ask the same in return?

In terms of raising this discussion back out of the gutter where it was dragged, this column might explain a lot on the difference of views here on this issue:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/opinion/17kristof.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

You have to read about halfway in to get the idea here. And it's not on Spygate, have no worries, but it is I think relevant to what's going on in this thread, but you can judge that for yourselves.

MoLewis Rocks above has a point, although I disagree with Patriots' Reign's view that this has gone away (see South Park last week or the start of this very thread), but reasonable minds can differ on that.

Last edited:
I doubt you'd say that to my face, but that's just me. I'm "corporate" now, but wasn't always, and I maintain my ties from whence I came. I grew up in one of those WNY versions of Southie or Somerville, except our folks' names all ended in vowels, capische? To give some local flavor, I had a hit man's widow on my paper route as a boy, for ex. (she did tip well, I must admit, that is, when I could get her to answer the door through the 3 nasty German Shepherds she had out front in case the local boys still weren't through with her family.) Funny how the anonymity of a computer makes for a lot of tough guys who like to attack folks and call them names that they'd never dare do in real life.

In terms of raising this discussion back out of the gutter where it was dragged, this column might explain a lot on the difference of views here on this issue:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/opinion/17kristof.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

You have to read about halfway in to get the idea here. And it's not on Spygate, have no worries, but it is I think relevant to what's going on in this thread, but you can judge that for yourselves.

MoLewis Rocks above has a point, although I disagree with Patriots' Reign's view that this has gone away (see South Park last week or the start of this very thread), but reasonable minds can differ on that.

Ok, if you are a Harvard Law School alumn answer these questions quickly. Any alumn would know them pretty quickly.

What T line is Harvard on?
What is the online research tools are used by most lawywers and law students (any lawyer will know this and there are two main ones)?
What campus is the Law School on?

Last edited:
Speaking of ignonimity, remember that time the Buffalo Bills went to four straight Superbowls and lost every single one? Good times.

Ok, if you are a Harvard Law School alumn answer these questions quickly. Any alumn would know them pretty quickly.

What is the actual name of the Harvard Law school (the building it is in)?
What is the name of the Harvard Law Library?
What T line is Harvard on?

It's in several buildings, but the main library is Langdell--although I studied a lot in Lamont (undergrad) or ILS (quieter). No idea on the "actual name", so sue me.

The T line was the "red" line (no idea its "actual name" either)--I actually lived most the time closer to Porter Square than Harvard Square, but that was just a stop up. Lived in Cambridge (up past Radcliffe) one year, Somerville (behind the Star Market) one year and a little side street near the law school one year. Can't say that I recommend the three years in law school, however, to any considering it.

Guys, I'm not the one who started these fights and don't wish to continue them actually. Not a productive use of anyone's time. Believe me or not, that's up to you--no big deal either way. I forgive if I've insulted anyone--not meant to do so at all. We can agree to disagree on this issue.

As originally noted above, I come here to talk football on occasion and would like to continue to do so, without being attacked and dragged through the mud. It's interesting to get other team's views on players, issues, the League, etc. This one seems to be quite a sore subject with you all, so I'll leave it alone. "No Mas".:D

...and I'm the one who gets banned. Shmessy, what was that talk about the difference between coming to discuss reasonably and just talking trash? I thought this board had a no trash talk policy?

You say that like butt pirate is a bad thing

Last edited:
Pretty good dressing down, just perhaps a tad misdirected when targeted at the lone troll to wander into yet another Walsh thread started by a member here. Over a hundred posts in a day and 2200+ hits...so somebody's fixated and obcessed for sure. Including some here who swore off the four letter network yet still manage to stumble into their programming daily. LOL

It does seem that the site is currently infested with insecure posters who love to whine about ESPN (which they are obsessed with watching and can't help themselves - DUH!) and constantly b!tch and moan, rending their garments over the latest perceived diss by sundry mediots. Upon reflection, I suppose it's better than yet another Chad Jackson thread.

Off season. Gotta hate it.

I doubt you'd say that to my face, but that's just me. I'm "corporate" now, but wasn't always, and I maintain my ties from whence I came. I grew up in one of those WNY versions of Southie or Somerville, except our folks' names all ended in vowels, capische? To give some local flavor, I had a hit man's widow on my paper route as a boy, for ex. (she did tip well, I must admit, that is, when I could get her to answer the door through the 3 nasty German Shepherds she had out front in case the local boys still weren't through with her family.) Funny how the anonymity of a computer makes for a lot of tough guys who like to attack folks and call them names that they'd never dare do in real life.

It is really easy for someone to just go on a website, make some kind of claim (I AM TEH HARVARD GRAD, Y0!!), and then not back it up with any coherent legal answers of the questions asked. Why haven't you answered shmessy, PatriotReign, Zeke, or my legal questions? They aren't that hard.

You're an arrogant tool and a trolling jerk who is looking for attention. I would say these things to your face without hesitation. What's the worst thing you could do, beat the crap out of me? Won't be the first time, or the last. Next you will tell me you're Forrest Griffin.

Oh, and my opinion of you has nothing to do with Blown Out Of Proportion Gate. It's that you're a troll bombing piece of crap who talks a whole bunch and then doesn't have the sack to back up your original statements.

I don't think it matters who YOU think you are but using the NY Times as a prop to your argument does more to invalidate it and make you appear untrustworthy than say, using some (il)logical insight of your own.

Anyway...

Back on topic, Mort on Mike and Mike said a few interesting things:

* "If no agreement is reached in the next couple of weeks, we'll never hear from Matt Walsh." I'll let the board judge that statement...

* Matt Walsh didn't volunteer himself for the Spygate scrutiny: "The press tracked him down and thrust him into the spotlight." Maybe initially but Walsh himself made statements suggesting that he was a willing participant, essentially telling reporters "They never talked to me to see what I have..." He could have said, "I don't have anything" and this would have gone away. Mort casting Walsh as some sort of "victim" is ridiculous...

* The "Pats taped the Rams walkthrough" rumor was out there for a while prior to its eventual publication before the Super Bowl but, according to Mort "only ONE publication felt that it passed journalistic standards in order to be printed." Pretty damning swipe at the Herald...

Anyway...

Back on topic, Mort on Mike and Mike said a few interesting things:

* The "Pats taped the Rams walkthrough" rumor was out there for a while prior to its eventual publication before the Super Bowl but, according to Mort "only ONE publication felt that it passed journalistic standards in order to be printed." Pretty damning swipe at the Herald...

Yeah, Mortenson & employer are a real arbiter of journalistic standards, puh-lease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick