PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Francesa: Belichick can't surpass Noll or Walsh; Pats never a dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty stupid when you actually look at the stats.

The Patriots with TB and BB:

Been to (7) Conference Championships; Won 5 with one still unplayed
Been to (5) Superbowls; Won (3)
Had a streak of 21 wins in a row
Had the only 16-0 regular season in history
Had the NFLs #1 and #3 all time scoring offense in 2007 and 2012

The two guys together have played (12) full seasons together minus 2000 and 2008 when Brady was a backup and injured respectively.

In these 12 years together they have been to:
7 conference championships (58.3% of the time)
5 Superbowls or 6 if they win this week (41.6% or 50.00% of the time)

Find me any other coach/QB combo that has a 50% chance of making the superbowl each year... yeah that's what I thought.

Sports radio is only there to create controversy so of course those idiots are going to take a dumb illogical stance so they can get people to call in and debate them.

You may not think so sometimes but NFL fans by and large aren't effected by this sort of stuff. Everyone knows Belichick and Brady are boss, and that the Patriots are a top tier Dynasty organization. I don't care what team you root for.

The only people who nod eagerly in agreement with this sort of rubbish are jadded Patriot haters of the worst order and it's not like they're rational to begin with.

To anyone who isn't a patriot hater Francesa sounds like an idiot with an agenda.

Oh the irony. This from a frustrated & bitter New Jersey resident who normally covers the Giants & Jets, but now has to pick on someone else because neither of them has played for weeks.

To anyone who isn't a patriot hater Francesa sounds like an idiot with an agenda.

He is an idiot with an agenda. He doesn't hide his hatred and bias against Kraft and Belichick.

Mike Francesa elaborating on his moronic stance today on his show...

This guy seriously has the #1 rated sports-talk radio audience in the entire country.

Yes he does. He puts up huge ratings. Nobody ever said you need to be really intelligent in order to be entertaining.

Earlier in the thread someone called him a "nobody". Which is ludicrous. As you said he has the #1 rated sports-talk radio show in America. That's not a nobody. That's an incredibly popular, successful, and influential sports personality. Funny for some dude in an anonymous internet group calling Mike Francesa a "nobody".

:bricks:

To his credit, Mike Francesa has been relevant in a really rough NY market for YEARS. I remember listening to Mike and the Mad Dog back when I was in 8th grade. I'm 34 now, and he dropped the dead weight from his show (Chris Russo was an idiot and a complete Mets homer) and is actually better now than now having to put up with Mad Dog's "Yeah, I don't know Mikey..." every time Mike said anything.

That being said, Mike is a baseball guy and is alright with college basketball and the NBA. But take anything he says about football (unless talking about his Giants) with enough grains of salt to fill the Grand Canyon. While I do see his point about the Super Bowl losses, if Belichick can win 5 Mike's whole argument will be a moot point.

Russo isn't a Mets homer. He's a UUUUUUUGE (to quote Francesa) SF Giants fan.

Today,he is all over ballwashing manning and his family of classy people and somewhat down playing brady's achievements.

A lot of people here are saying they couldn't care less what this guy thinks, yet they're very obviously bent out of shape about it.

I like Francesa (I like Felger and Mazz as well). Francesa has a tendency to repeat himself and talk over callers, he most definitely has a bias against the Pats, but he's far from being an idiot. There isn't a media personality out there who I agree with about everything, especially when it comes to sports commentators in local markets. There is only one person in this world who I agree with about everything and sometimes I wonder if I agree with him -- ME.

Mike is not objective ever when it comes to the Pats. He's a Parcells toad and hates Belichick. He must be ignored. And if not ignored, beaten about the nose and face. A lot.

He claims if Belichick wins his fourth Super Bowl, he will still remain behind Noll and Walsh, since they never lost one.

He also claims that he "doesn't know" if the Patriots were ever a dynasty.

It's really sad that this guy is spewing his complete anti-Pats biased nonsense to the #1 rated audience in the country.

1) Thank you for not linking to his article. I just re-read that and it sounds sarcastic. It isn't. No one should add to his views.
2) Unless you find it fun - and no judgement if you do - you gotta ask your self why you are going out of your way to get po'ed.

what a clown Im surprised he even has time to talk about the pats with all the jets problems

Today he is on about "Spygate" ruined peoples lives and changed the course after the pats/rams games and how nfl made a blunder in not disclosing about the spygate details to the public because that pats/rams games changed lives for martz/warner and all of them.

Today he is on about "Spygate" ruined peoples lives and changed the course after the pats/rams games and how nfl made a blunder in not disclosing about the spygate details to the public because that pats/rams games changed lives for martz/warner and all of them.

Somebody needs to let Rip Van Winkle know it's not 2007 anymore:

Mike Francesa Falls Asleep on the Air - YouTube

Maybe Martz' life wouldn't be "ruined" if didn't use Faulk as a decoy for more than half the game.

But what details could he be talking about? They're hand signals given by a coach on the sideline. The Walkthrough story is a myth. The original Estrella tape was broadcast on national TV and the league showed the Walsh tapes.

The NFL didn't put everything together in a nice Powerpoint for everyone, but all the information is out there.

If Francesa thinks that only underhanded chicanery could have derailed the Rams high-powered offense in the Super Bowl, I'd love to see someone ask him how the Bills in 1990 and Patriots in 2007 were similarly frustrated. Given the other team involved, he'd give some stammering non-answer or dismissively say "Get outta heah with that."

Maybe Martz' life wouldn't be "ruined" if didn't use Faulk as a decoy for more than half the game.

But what details could he be talking about? They're hand signals given by a coach on the sideline. The Walkthrough story is a myth. The original Estrella tape was broadcast on national TV and the league showed the Walsh tapes.

The NFL didn't put everything together in a nice Powerpoint for everyone, but all the information is out there.

If Francesa thinks that only underhanded chicanery could have derailed the Rams high-powered offense in the Super Bowl, I'd love to see someone ask him how the Bills in 1990 and Patriots in 2007 were similarly frustrated. Given the other team involved, he'd give some stammering non-answer or dismissively say "Get outta heah with that."

Of course, Belichick masterminded the defense in both 1990 and 2001 so hey......

Today he is again at his disparaging best about the pats defense is bad, baltimore already beat them early in the yr and 2 yrs ago and shouldve won last yr and outplayed the pats and pats havent won a SB in 8 yrs etc etc

Even if pats win , people will say they got lucky playing at home instead of denver.

Last edited:
hold on for a sec........

so does this mean that if the pats go off and win 2 more......he will still be behind those guys who didn't lose any?

by that logic, bruce coslet > bill parcells......because hey, bruce didnt' lose any

does that make dan reeves and marv levy worse than rod rust?

Now he says pats ints and fumbles are mainly because a lot of balls have bounced their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes