PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tyms Suspended 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adderall and Ritalin are mild central nervous system stimulants. I'm not a biochemist, but I seriously doubt this is the kind of drug used as a "masking agent" for anything.

Adderall isn't strong enough to be used as a masking agent from numerous articles that I have read, both medical and news. The only time I have seen Adderall claimed to be a "masking agent" is by "fans" whose "medical degree" came off their own printer. Could you provide an article, Medical or otherwise, that says that Adderall is a making agent?

Here is but one of the many I've read.
http://www.philly.com/philly/health/Adderall-MLBs-latest-performance-enhancing-drug.html

It's a masking agent towards the public. The NFL will not say what drug players get caught for. So players will say Adderall because that's what sounds best towards the public. So instead of saying "Yeah I'm juicing" they mask the real result towards the public and say " I have a problem so I take Adderall which my doctor gives me and I made a mistake by not telling the league". The second answer sounds much better than the first.

I have a problem so I take Addeninch which my doctor gives me....along with free prophylactics :D

It's a masking agent towards the public. The NFL will not say what drug players get caught for. So players will say Adderall because that's what sounds best towards the public. So instead of saying "Yeah I'm juicing" they mask the real result towards the public and say " I have a problem so I take Adderall which my doctor gives me and I made a mistake by not telling the league". The second answer sounds much better than the first.
Thanks for restoring my faith that there are some sensible people around lol

Would be nice if he panned out and added some size to the WR core.

The term "masking agent" commonly refers to drug interactions, not the way you're trying to use it. But I'm sure it's possible players might lie publicly about what they were caught "using." Still, it's medication banned by the league when used without a pre-approved prescription.

If this was Joey Porter he'd have said "I'ma jus takin' underalls....Patriots ar cheetahs.."...

Here's another thought and then I'm done with this subject.

If a player is willing to take Adderall without a prescription and incur a 4 game suspension when Adderrall may provide some help with concentration, why is it that no player ever takes steroids (so they say) to help them perform better when the end result (suspension) is the same?

So they're willing to take something to help them think but not something that will dramatically increase their physical strength in a league that relies on speed and strength when the end result is the same punishment and you can claim it was Adderall? Really, that's what people are willing to believe? Maybe Adderall isn't working too well for the player if they believe Adderall is the better choice. Or maybe a few fans should be taking Adderal to clear up some thinkingl. lol

What's more likely. Gatorade gives you a contract if you've been suspended for Adderall or for Durabolin? Not all answers are the same in terms of public relations. Maybe Smart Water would like Durabolin better lol .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back