PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law wants starter's salary of $5M to $6M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ty Law wants starters salary of $5M to $6M

Why wait 'til week two? Pay the man now. Now!

Ty Law, no matter how unrealistic his contract demands, is the answer to this team's secondary concerns, many of which are founded solely on the assumed struggles of one Terrence Wheatley.

But Ty's known struggles are not a problem with the grass-is-always-greener crowd.... even if it comes at a $6 million price tag. :banned:

Hey Deion Sanders would come cheaper. Maybe we should pay for him. Are we really sure Ty Law is a significant upgrade to Wheatley? He has been packing on the pounds the last few years. He could be heavier than Vince Wilfork for all we know.

Sorry, but I am not convinced that Ty Law is the answer to the Pats' CB concerns, nor am I convinced the Pats have serious concerns at CB if the front seven can get pressure, and I am not convinced that we should cut someone to afford Ty's asking price.

I'm not buying this unless I see a direct quote attributed to him. I can't imagine he would be so naive or that his agent would allow him to put that out there.

I'm not buying this unless I see a direct quote attributed to him. I can't imagine he would be so naive or that his agent would allow him to put that out there.

Exactly.

Once again...link?

So a blog speculated that is what he wants? Then it must be true.

After all, if we learned nothing from last season's ridiculous spygate crap, we learned that blog speculation is always true. :rolleyes:

Just read on a website blog that Law was noted to say he is expecting somewhere between 5 and 6 million this year for his services and wants to get a contract based on a starters average pay as a premiere CB

Sorry but 5 or 6 million for a CB in his mid 30s is a bit on the ******ed side,Even if it would somewhat help our teams depth at the position

He is doggone crazy and deserves no more than 1.5M like Lynch was offered

Dear Ty Law: - If you are adamant about the money contract you want,then retirement says hello
LINK???? I think that would be good to see...

If I am BB and I offer $6m its going to be to a guy named Sheppard as in Lito

Lito Sheppard is 1 million times better than Law at this point and he probably would not want much more than 6mil

Even if true

smart move by Ty.

He many not get that BUT

when a team of near championship caliber becomes desparate, some team may approach that with incentives. There is tons of money flowing around in the NFL.

As we have all learned over the past week, how many CB's with Ty Laws resume are out there?

If I am BB and I offer $6m its going to be to a guy named Sheppard as in Lito

Lito Sheppard is 1 million times better than Law at this point and he probably would not want much more than 6mil

This is the second post in a row you've failed to post a link.

Just read on a website blog that Law was noted to say he is expecting somewhere between 5 and 6 million this year for his services and wants to get a contract based on a starters average pay as a premiere CB

Sorry but 5 or 6 million for a CB in his mid 30s is a bit on the ******ed side,Even if it would somewhat help our teams depth at the position

He is doggone crazy and deserves no more than 1.5M like Lynch was offered

Dear Ty Law: - If you are adamant about the money contract you want,then retirement says hello

Actually, the average pay of a premiere (i.e. top 5) corner would be equal to the franchise tag value for that position, which is $9.465 mil. So if Law were asking for $5 million, he'd be asking for just over half that.

Furthermore, it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that Law shouldn't get more than the $1.5 mil Lynch got. After all:
a) Corners get paid more than twice as much as safeties do. (The franchise value for a safety was only %40 of that of a CB.)
b) Law is almost 3 years younger than Lynch.
c) Knowing the defense as Law does, he will be able to play in the majority of packages and schemes right off the bat.
d) His role on the team would be to challenge for, and likely win, a spot as a starting corner. Lynch figured to be the third-string strong safety.

I don't know if BB will go for $5 million, but having that as his opening bid is hardly the act of hubris you make it out to be.

Actually, the average pay of a premiere (i.e. top 5) corner would be equal to the franchise tag value for that position, which is $9.465 mil. So if Law were asking for $5 million, he'd be asking for just over half that.

Furthermore, it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that Law shouldn't get more than the $1.5 mil Lynch got. After all:
a) Corners get paid more than twice as much as safeties do. (The franchise value for a safety was only %40 of that of a CB.)
b) Law is almost 3 years younger than Lynch.
c) Knowing the defense as Law does, he will be able to play in the majority of packages and schemes right off the bat.
d) His role on the team would be to challenge for, and likely win, a spot as a starting corner. Lynch figured to be the third-string strong safety.

I don't know if BB will go for $5 million, but having that as his opening bid is hardly the act of hubris you make it out to be.

Zat you Ty?

louis_armstrong_1.jpg

I do agree that this looks a little suspicious although I think Law is probably pricing himself out of a job. I don't even think his last contract with the Chiefs paid him close to $5M to $6M a year.

This is the second post in a row you've failed to post a link.

Disco,Calm the freak down,I am trying to locate a blog I read among 100 others relating to the pats 2 days ago - If I finally locate it I will link it like I always do - Its something I remembered so I posted it

I do agree that this looks a little suspicious although I think Law is probably pricing himself out of a job. I don't even think his last contract with the Chiefs paid him close to $5M to $6M a year.

His KC contract if I remember was 5 years $30 million

Disco,Calm the freak down,I am trying to locate a blog I read among 100 others relating to the pats 2 days ago - If I finally locate it I will link it like I always do - Its something I remembered so I posted it

Oh, as long as there's an effort to find it. :D

His KC contract if I remember was 5 years $30 million

You may be right. I guess I thought it was more like $4 million a year, but maybe I am wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Oh, as long as there's an effort to find it. :D

I am trying my best disco,If I can find it I willl post it - If I can't, then take it for what its worth and that means you take my word and eyes for what I read - But you should be aware that when Tom Poston is the agent for a player the most stupid high priced demands are usually in play

If Ty Law did not deal with Poston I think he is on the teams roster with less contract money than his demands right now - Poston has a history of messing with these guys heads making them think they are worth more than they really are.

I am trying my best disco,If I can find it I willl post it - If I can't, then take it for what its worth and that means you take my word and eyes for what I read - But you should be aware that when Tom Poston is the agent for a player the most stupid high priced demands are usually in play

If Ty Law did not deal with Poston I think he is on the teams roster with less contract money than his demands right now - Poston has a history of messing with these guys heads making them think they are worth more than they really are.
all this for a 34 year old washed up corner who hasent been in a training camp all year, plesae give me a break

Since he's not on the roster now, his 2008 salary wouldn't be guaranteed. $5 million per year works out to $294k per week. Bring him in after the KC game, and see if he can contribute. If you decide after a couple of games that he can't, then you're only out $588k.

I don,t think Ty will ever have another $5 million a year contract.

If he wants to play there are jobs out there, but he will have to settle for closer to $1 million, JMHO.

I am not a great football mind, but I remember some poster here maybe 3 or 4 months back mention using Law as a SS. I thought the SS idea made a lot of sense, because I assume he would need less speed at SS and his fat belly could help in stopping the run.

I know he is getting pretty old, just seems playing for the Pats (at a reasonable price) would help the team and be a good way for Law to go out.

Isnt the Ty Law thing getting old, its time to end the ty law talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes