PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law wants starter's salary of $5M to $6M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance the Pats cave at that price. Most likely they'll tell Law to go get a fair market price for his services and then bring it back to the Pats for consideration.

Just read on a website blog that Law was noted to say he is expecting somewhere between 5 and 6 million this year for his services and wants to get a contract based on a starters average pay as a premiere CB

Sorry but 5 or 6 million for a CB in his mid 30s is a bit on the ******ed side,Even if it would somewhat help our teams depth at the position

He is doggone crazy and deserves no more than 1.5M like Lynch was offered

Dear Ty Law: - If you are adamant about the money contract you want,then retirement says hello

This is what he's been saying from the beginning of the offseason.

Ty's last two phony baloney contracts for Herm were an incentive laden 3-7 year deal withoptions that could have made him $28M over 3 years or as much as $50M over 7 with the JETS (from whom he actually got around $6.5M). That was about what he'd have made in 2005 had he extended here (although we were guaranteeing $16M of that $24M offered 4 year deal). And then he got the second equally phony deal that was for 5 years and $30M. He saw around $10M of thatover two seasons. We offered him $11M in an incentive laden 2 year deal that time. All in all he's made just a million or so less than he woudl have had he stayed here from 2004-2007 instead of leaving in an insulted huff in 2005. But that's Ty, he's all about perception when it comes to his contracts.

I don't doubt he's looking for $5M. We offered him $4.5M last time (plus incentives to $5.5) and he went to the Chiefs for essentially a couple of hundres grand more up front. We are were likely offering him something in the 2 year $8-9M plus incentives range this time. The cap keeps rising, but so does his age.

Last edited:
Ty's last two phony baloney contracts for Herm were an incentive laden 3-7 year dealwith
options that could have made him $28M over 3 years or as much as $50M over 7 with the JETS (from whom he actually got around $6.5M). That was about what he'd have made in 2005 had he extended here (although we were guaranteeing $16M of that $24M offered 4 year deal). And then he got the second equally phony deal that was for 5 years and $30M. He saw around $10M of thatover two seasons. We offered him $11M in an incentive laden 2 year deal that time. All in all he's made just a million or so less than he woudl have had he stayed here from 2004-2007 instead of leaving in an insulted huff in 2005. But that's Ty, he's all about perception when it comes to his contracts.

Thanks for posting this information. I also think of Nomar a lot when you can compare lost salary for turning down a fair deal. Nomar probably lost close to 10-15M at least I would guess since 04.

Back to Law, not to mention that if he had stayed, the team probably bags a 4th ring and he retires a HOFer. However at this pace, he will sign a one year for another obscure team and fade off into obscurity.

That all being said, thanks to Ty for the Warner pick 6. Other than Adam's kick(s), probably the greatest Patriot moment I ever witnessed.

Last edited:
Now that would definately put food on the table Ty ;)

Thanks for posting this information. I also think of Nomar a lot when you can compare lost salary for turning down a fair deal. Nomar probably lost close to 10-15M at least I would guess since 04.

Back to Law, not to mention that if he had stayed, the team probably bags a 4th ring and he retires a HOFer. However at this pace, he will sign a one year for another obscure team and fade off into obscurity.

That all being said, thanks to Ty for the Warner pick 6. Other than Adam's kick(s), probably the greatest Patriot moment I ever witnessed.

Wasn't that somethin...the first inkling that while a dynasty might in fact be born that night, it might not be the one Rickie Prohl arrogantly predicted... Warner hasn't recovered to this day. Neither has Marshall (hit him when he has the ball and hit him when he doesn't) Faulk. :rofl:

He won't sign a one or even two year deal. That's Ty's achilles heel, He wants the phony multi year deal that a Poston can spin for one news cycle as a perceived victory vs. BB.

what a dumbass!

Sounds to me like Law doesn't care to play football much longer. Maybe he's thinking of quitting and only wants to play if it gains him one more big payday.

Sounds to me like Law doesn't care to play football much longer. Maybe he's thinking of quitting and only wants to play if it gains him one more big payday.
I was thinking something similar, perhaps along the line of 'it's not worth it to do this to my boy for less than $x,000,000', especially as every year another story about a physically devastated former NFL player becomes public.

Just read on a website blog that Law was noted to say he is expecting somewhere between 5 and 6 million this year for his services and wants to get a contract based on a starters average pay as a premiere CB

Sorry but 5 or 6 million for a CB in his mid 30s is a bit on the ******ed side,Even if it would somewhat help our teams depth at the position

He is doggone crazy and deserves no more than 1.5M like Lynch was offered

Dear Ty Law: - If you are adamant about the money contract you want,then retirement says hello

$5-6 million!! I think he's still smoking some of that weed the border police found in his "cousin's" jacket! LOL, Ty....:rofl:

Re: Ty Law wants starters salary of $5M to $6M

I am trying my best disco,If I can find it I willl post it - If I can't, then take it for what its worth and that means you take my word and eyes for what I read - But you should be aware that when Tom Poston is the agent for a player the most stupid high priced demands are usually in play

If Ty Law did not deal with Poston I think he is on the teams roster with less contract money than his demands right now - Poston has a history of messing with these guys heads making them think they are worth more than they really are.

I think you mean Carl Poston. Tom Poston was the guy on the Bob Newhart Show. For you old-timers out there (like me), you'll also remember Tom as Mr. Green Jeans from Captain Kangaroo. Since he passed away in 2007, he's unlikely to be Ty's agent.:D

His performance in the 2003 AFCCG is one of the greatest games I've ever seen a player have. That's how I remember Ty.

Me too...in fact...you're in China ,right?...maybe you might run across my ex-wife, Me Tu Screwy

I didn't see Ty coming back even before this story. I just don't see him as the player at this point is his career to a "fit in" type. He seems to want teams to fit to him. I don't think BB/Pees/Capers are thinking of him as needed or somebody they want to deal with. A player goes down, etc - things change, but I think the clamor for Ty is nostalgia working overtime.

Nobody is going to pay for that kind of money at this point because there is no money left. Law needs to understand it.

Re: Ty Law wants starters salary of $5M to $6M

I think you mean Carl Poston. Tom Poston was the guy on the Bob Newhart Show. For you old-timers out there (like me), you'll also remember Tom as Mr. Green Jeans from Captain Kangaroo. Since he passed away in 2007, he's unlikely to be Ty's agent.:D
Tom Poston was too young to be on Captain Kangaroo. Sadly, I'm old enough to know that. Mr. Green Jeans was Hugh Brannum.

Brannum, despite reports on many national media sites and opposing fan boards, is not a linebacker for the Pats this year.

Last edited:
Man, you're older than DIRT!....now if you remember Tom Terrific and his wonder dog Manfred, I think I might have to KILL myself

Man, you're older than DIRT!....now if you remember Tom Terrific and his wonder dog Manfred, I think I might have to KILL myself
You're in luck, you get to see the sun rise another day. I never followed Tom Terrific or his wonder dog. Must have been before - or after(?) - my time!

just tell me you're a HUGE Rocky and Bullwinkle fan and I'll live with it

just tell me you're a HUGE Rocky and Bullwinkle fan and I'll live with it
Rocky & Bullwinkle were awesome.
I loved as a young kid because they were funny.
I loved them later because they were even funnier once I got their political humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back