Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the NFL allow teams to add coaches in the post-season?

• Yes

Votes: 142 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In two years I'm gonna come back here...and NOT read this thread...

I'm simply suggesting that BB could have done what countless politicians and judges before him have do to eliminate even the appearance of impropriety: he could have said that McD was his guy, but that *if* NE had to face Denver in the playoffs, he would ask Joshy to recuse himself.
Except there already is absolutely zero evidence of impropriety. Absolutely nothing the Patriots have done in this instance is improper. We've seen this sort of thing several times in the past, usually with teams signing an athlete to a one week contract.

Since there is no appearance of impropriety, there is nothing that needs to be done to avoid anything.

I detest is when some moron brings up the "cheatin" era. I hope the Pats kick the livin tihs out of all of the little horsey wearin ratbleepin team.

I'm simply suggesting that BB could have done what countless politicians and judges before him have do to eliminate even the appearance of impropriety: he could have said that McD was his guy, but that *if* NE had to face Denver in the playoffs, he would ask Joshy to recuse himself.

Doing that would have satisfied everyone.

Anyway, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Neither side seems willing to budge.

I'm simply suggesting that you and the rest of the Bronco's fans take a shower...you all smell like fish.

May I suggest you go to bed tonight and GET OVER IT! Wake up tomorrow like this never even bothered you.

To me, he is Denver enemy #1. He brought embarrassment and disgrace to our proud organization. The 59-14 loss where he was standing alone on the sideline staring at the ground the entire game is what really did it for me. No fight, no resilience, no heart.

he brought embarrassment and disgrace??? already thought the Broncos had that since their two superbowl wins came with fines and penalties for salary cap circumvention.

its this simple, Pats OC gets hired by Penn State while the Pats are in the playoffs. BB decides to deal with this by hiring an OC immediately instead of waiting around and hoping that BOB can handle double duty. To make it easy, he goes with a guy who can jump right in. He tends to do this after the seasons already started...see the Branch trade.

Asks for permission from the Rams who by the way had already fired most of their staff and was granted permission to hire McD. By the way, now the Pats are on the hook for his salary instead of the Rams which would have been the case if the Rams had fired him. This is all done a week before the Pats knew that they would be playing Denver with any certainty and they've already stated that he will be the OC next season so this isn't a few game ride.

Now everyone is in uproar or at least all the BB haters. But no one complained when the Cowboys hired a new DC for their playoff run in '09 and no one complained when Shanahan was hired in the middle of the season. In all honesty, Denver probably gets more insider info from Wilhite than the NE gets from McD.

this smacks of journalism hacks jumping at any opportunity to resurrect the "spygate" issue yet again...

Doing that would have satisfied everyone.

Anyway, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Neither side seems willing to budge.
The pro-McDaniels signing side has no need to budge. You on the other hand hold an untenable position.

Personally, I don't care if Broncos fans or the organization is upset. I don't support the Broncos.

this smacks of journalism hacks jumping at any opportunity to resurrect the "spygate" issue yet again...

...led by the pro-player anti-management Left Coast brother of Dan LaBastard, Mike Silver;
one of the very most agenda-driven, unreadable butchers in sports.

I have to laugh at the notion of Josh "recusing" himself. This is not the Supreme Court. Get over it.

all the "McDaniels (I call him McDooshie) working for the Pats again " stuff aside.....why do the Denver fans hate him so much? I know why I don't like him, but why do Denver fans loathe the man? I mean, he did draft Tebow....who, whether by talent, drive, hard-work and/or devine intervention (maybe all) has resurrected a franchise that has been crap for a while. Didnlt he also follow-up that draft pick by selecting that reciever with the exciting OT td catch against Pitt last week? I mean, think about it. If it WEREN'T for McDaniels, this magical Broncos season wouldn't be happening.

Last edited:
all the "McDaniels (I call him McDooshie) working for the Pats again " stuff aside.....why do the Denver fans hate him so much? I know why I don't like him, but why do Denver fans loathe the man? I mean, he did draft Tebow....who, whether by talent, drive, hard-work and/or devine intervention (maybe all) has resurrected a franchise that has been crap for a while. Didnlt he also follow-up that draft pick by selecting that reciever with the exciting OT td catch against Pitt last week? I mean, think about it. If it WEREN'T for McDaniels, this magical Broncos season wouldn't be happening.

Same question for you. Why McDooshie? He was a young coach who made some mistakes. Just like another guy who coached the Cleveland Browns from 1991-1995.

Pat Bowlen did not help matters. His impatience and health issues also need to be factored into the failings of the 2010 Broncos.

Last edited:
Same question for you. Why McDooshie? He was a young coach who made some mistakes. Just like another guy who coached the Cleveland Browns from 1991-1995.

Pat Bowlen did not help matters. His impatience and health issues also need to be factored into the failings of the 2010 Broncos.

1) His 1/2 half game plan in the Pats/Giants Superbowl was miserable.

2) Not a fan of his self-perservering way (didn't work, btw) of throwing Dante's son under the bus in the "filming" incident. Say nothing, or be accountable. Showed me what kind of a man he is.

3) The fist pump when he beat the Pats as Bronco's HC didn't thrill me any.

I find him over-hyped, over-valued and over-rated.

2) Not a fan of his self-perservering way (didn't work, btw) of throwing Dante's son under the bus in the "filming" incident. Say nothing, or be accountable. Showed me what kind of a man he is.

1) I don't blame him. Other factors were at play like the Giants pass rush.
2) McD got ratted out by a Bowlen cronie. He never reported the taping to the league office. Sounds like a coach we know?
3) Whatever. He could have been a little more reserved. BB hired him back so he really didn't care either.

This animated GIF just showed up on OrangeMane.com It seemed appropriate to share it with you guys in this thread. Enjoy!

S.S.S.S.trikedown upon thee Patriots - The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community

kmL7c.gif

It will be interesting to see how much effect, if any at all, that JMcD has on tomorrow's game.

I am guessing that it would be very, very little.

I certainly agree on all counts.

That said, he's probably still the best option for our OC in 2012, as he and Brady know each other and share some kind of chemistry and understanding.

I do not find him all that talented to be honest, but he's certainly as good as anyone else would be for the OC job here.

As I noted earlier, as an OC and a talent evaluator, Joshy is good. But his ego needs to be kept in check by someone like BB who is himself larger than life.

But if you guys think that he might be a good fit for Head Coach if and when BB decides to retire, then think again.

It's not outside the realm of possibilities that McDumbDumb would try to trade Brady for, say, Blaine Gabbert!

As I noted earlier, as an OC and a talent evaluator, Joshy is good. But his ego needs to be kept in check by someone like BB who is himself larger than life.

But if you guys think that he might be a good fit for Head Coach if and when BB decides to retire, then think again.

It's not outside the realm of possibilities that McDumbDumb would try to trade Brady for, say, Blaine Gabbert!

I agree with you, and I don't personally feel as though JMcD was hired in the least bit to be the "heir apparent" to Bill Belichick.

There are so many things that will happen between now and then, the most realistic of McDaniels leaving after being offered another HC job after he reaps his rewards (like many others from Mangini to Bill O'Brien to McDaniels himself) for tagging along for the ride.

McDaniels wants to be a head coach, and he will certainly jump on any type of good offers in the next couple/few yrs all over again.

If he is the heir apparent to BB, we will know within the next 2-3 yrs, but it certainly can't be decided at the moment.

Sometimes, things are as simple as they appear, and in this case we needed a new OC. That's it. Since he already knows the system and has a good rapport with Brady etc, he was the easiest transition to taking over those duties for next yr.

It was simply icing on the cake for him to be here now, and not the start of next season, but I don't think he will offer all that much in this season's playoffs. And even moreso, I don't think he has any special inside info on the DEN team, besides maybe some minor advice on how to attack some of the weaknesses that he knows.

Maybe it will benefit, but it certainly can't hurt.

Much ado about nothing from these DEN writers in my opinion. That said, the NFL may end up changing the rule after this, b/c it may end up really helping a team in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST