PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article: The Patriots' Tight End Problem is Becoming Critical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they trying to get even LESS production out of the position? Or is THIS the night we have all been waiting for??!!

Yea. This is what it looks like when you have an OC who gives zero sh-ts about tight ends in the passing game. Gronk was a HOF anomaly, the baseline on this OC is the past 2 years, preGronk in St Louis, Denver and also 05-08.

Didn't even try to get Asiasi involved in the game. No targets.

I thought Asiasi was pulled back and he failed to catch the ball... but it was still a drop.

Maybe the new guys suck but it's too early to give up on them.

We also have a QB that only throws the ball 15 times a game and a run heavy offense.

Maybe the new guys suck but it's too early to give up on them.

We also have a QB that only throws the ball 15 times a game and a run heavy offense.
Yeah we can't really judge them in the passing department they don't get target. Its good to see them getting playing time, esp now with izzo on IR

Dudes are awesome, same as the rookie defenders...

Chess v Checkers...

TE? They could cut the entire TE depth chart and I don't think anyone would notice. Unbelievably they're worse off at WR. And by the way they have NO QUARTERBACK! Nice job Bill.

This is great theater.. The New England sports enthusiast is happiest when they can whine and complain. They have been robbed of this opportunity for 20 years by Patriots football. But order has been restored. We are now in a position to denigrate one of the greatest football minds ever. The architect of one of the greatest dynasties ever can now be criticized and dump truckloads of you know what on his head. He's not perfect, never has been. I am one of the biggest kool aid drinkers on here and even I would start Stidham and not platoon Winovich. I just can't complain like I know better than him because I don't. Maybe this time he thought he had a good plan and it didn't work but I will not agonize over it and I will continue to believe he will make it work next year. But for now we can all wallow in our misery and enjoy the opportunity to present our solutions to resurrecting our now moribund franchise. Hooray, New England football is back, if only for a year.

This is great theater.. The New England sports enthusiast is happiest when they can whine and complain. They have been robbed of this opportunity for 20 years by Patriots football. But order has been restored.
Where have you been for the last 20 years? Felger and Mazz built their whole show on naysaying the Pats during their historic 20 year run of crazy success. Not to mention the Red Sox-owned paper of record in Boston taking cheap shots at the team in Foxboro every chance they get.

This is great theater.. The New England sports enthusiast is happiest when they can whine and complain. They have been robbed of this opportunity for 20 years by Patriots football. But order has been restored. We are now in a position to denigrate one of the greatest football minds ever. The architect of one of the greatest dynasties ever can now be criticized and dump truckloads of you know what on his head. He's not perfect, never has been. I am one of the biggest kool aid drinkers on here and even I would start Stidham and not platoon Winovich. I just can't complain like I know better than him because I don't. Maybe this time he thought he had a good plan and it didn't work but I will not agonize over it and I will continue to believe he will make it work next year. But for now we can all wallow in our misery and enjoy the opportunity to present our solutions to resurrecting our now moribund franchise. Hooray, New England football is back, if only for a year.
The public builds things up and then tries to tear it down. Happens all the time. For 4 years the Belichick/Brady Pats were characterized as this plucky team that played great fundamentals to always be in the right spot with a coach who was hard nosed and made sure everything was accounted for and a QB who was a workhorse with the a fighting spirit to overcome adversity.

Then we got in the way of Peyton Manning's big story and then we got in the way of the exciting Chargers and the first chance they got to call the team frauds they did. Only because the Patriots are seemingly Michael Myers and can't die it never got to last too long for them. So a few more "scandals" and Brady being "washed" every other year was the best they had.

Funnily enough when the bottom eventually did fall out it just wasn't super exciting and too much else was going on in the world for them to get every last lick in, but they are trying

Where have you been for the last 20 years? Felger and Mazz built their whole show on naysaying the Pats during their historic 20 year run of crazy success. Not to mention the Red Sox-owned paper of record in Boston taking cheap shots at the team in Foxboro every chance they get.
True but that just reinforces my point, the most successful shows have been the most critical of the teams. One of the reasons I try to limit my exposure but my New England roots just force me to join in and wallow in the misery.

You see it. These people are happiest when they're miserable.

Asiasi and Keene are getting valuable reps... it's a rebuilding/reloading season.

The histrionics are unnecessary, accept the reality and trust the process.

Watching asiasi trying to block on running plays is more painful than getting a root canal without anesthesia.

Asiasi and Keene are getting valuable reps... it's a rebuilding/reloading season.

The histrionics are unnecessary, accept the reality and trust the process.
"The process" is in Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference