PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TripGate Breaks Wide Open: Cimini of ESPN-NY Alleges It Came From The Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another difference is that there is nothing showing patriots players holding their ground trying to block the gunner
and still another difference is that these pictures mostly show the players standing near where the ball is being caught not where it was kicked. If they were standing at the other end of the field near the line of scrimmage where the gunners are typically going out of bounds to avoid being blocked then you may have something. But once again we see players getting ready to go into the game standing near the field.

and still another difference is that these pictures mostly show the players standing near where the ball is being caught not where it was kicked. If they were standing at the other end of the field near the line of scrimmage where the gunners are typically going out of bounds to avoid being blocked then you may have something. But once again we see players getting ready to go into the game standing near the field.

And you're expecting Jets fans to believe that's not against the rule? ;)

Clubs were reminded that each team is responsible for appointing a “get-back” coach — not a “get-up” coach, a role Alosi apparently served with the Jets. The “get-back” coach must be aware of all sideline restrictions, and the “get-back” coach is responsible for ensuring compliance.
Yesterday on Mike&Mike Golic said when he played the S&C coach was the "get-back" coach, which makes sense. And also might explain why S&C coach Alosi was able to get players to cooperate with him without questioning it.

Last edited:
Kneegate and now Wallgate. LOL. This is hilarious! Let the media have their field day with the Jets for once. And let's see some action from the League. Goodell can't just stand around and do nothing now after he's been lied to. Even if he does bleed green. :p

Goodell can't just stand around and do nothing now after he's been lied to.

sure he can...just watch

Kneegate and now Wallgate. LOL. This is hilarious! Let the media have their field day with the Jets for once. And let's see some action from the League. Goodell can't just stand around and do nothing now after he's been lied to. Even if he does bleed green. :p

Looks like that's exactly what he's going to do. After all, it was only Alosi who lied. :eek: :rolleyes:

Oh yea, and send out a memo "clarifying" the rule. So I guess if we see the Jets do the exact same thing after the memo comes out, then they will get cameragate-type sanctions (like some posters have have hinted would be appropriate in this case :yawn2:)

Now Jets could be in trouble for dragging Pats into this:

NFL could sanction New York Jets for Tripgate, Mike Westhoff's accusation that New England Patriots use sideline wall tactic - ESPN New York

"The league is checking into whether Westhoff violated a league rule by publicly calling out the Patriots. A 2008 league memo from commissioner Roger Goodell, printed in the San Francisco Chronicle and brought to light Thursday by ESPNBoston.com, warned every team that making false claims against other clubs could result in penalties."

This is the bigger issue to me. Remember spygate?(sorry, I know we all do) One of the big reasons the pats were punished so severely is that Goodell send out a memo stating teams were not to do what the Pats did. Now the Jet's have violated a rule that Goodell emphasized in a memo. I know Goodell will want to protect his favorite team, but he's going to have to come down on the Jets now. The actual trip was more than adequately punished. The coverup, lying, and violation for baselessly accusing another team of cheating now needs to be punished.

Goodell can't just stand around and do nothing now after he's been lied to.

sure he can...just watch

Word.

Commish will be happy to let this slide. Then he'll have paper on the JETS for future favors.

ridiculous...he's standing six feet away looking DIRECTLY at the six guys lined up, KNOWS four of them shouldn't even be there by roster rules and STILL denies he knew anything about it...why?..."because I'm a guy who tells the truth!!!:...right...like "I'M classy!!!"...no wonder he went out and got LaTurdington

Last edited:
Re: Jets May Have Violated 2008 Goodell Memo By Accusing Patriots

Yeah...this is well documented in the other two thighgate threads.

Word.

Commish will be happy to let this slide. Then he'll have paper on the JETS for future favors.

I love how Florio is already talking about the sentiment around the league that the Jets are favored. This puts all the more pressure on Goodell.

I love how Florio is already talking about the sentiment around the league that the Jets are favored. This puts all the more pressure on Goodell.

You betcha. At some point he's going to have to whack them, just like Michael did Fredo.

This is the bigger issue to me. Remember spygate?(sorry, I know we all do) One of the big reasons the pats were punished so severely is that Goodell send out a memo stating teams were not to do what the Pats did. Now the Jet's have violated a rule that Goodell emphasized in a memo. I know Goodell will want to protect his favorite team, but he's going to have to come down on the Jets now. The actual trip was more than adequately punished. The coverup, lying, and violation for baselessly accusing another team of cheating now needs to be punished.

I would also add the punishment of Alosi by the Jets was so extreme, as to sweep this under the rug and avoid the scrutiny of the NFL. It almost worked in this case and until the obvious was revealed that "someone" instructed the players to form the wall. Now the NFL is investigating, and when someone within the Jets organization finally tells the truth, we will discover that either Westhoff or Ryan ordered the "Code Red"!

Add in this....

Rex Ryan reacts to Brian Billick's comments, league outlines sideline procedures | NJ.com

It was his job to tell players where to stand. Yet Ryan and Westoff have no idea why he would be telling players where to stand.

Honest Rex never lies. See? He tells us so right there. It must be true!

Ryan said. "I'm not a guy that lies about anything. I wasn't aware that that was going on. And so it's easy for me to stand here and tell you that."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back