PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cimini: "Jets won battle for Revis... did Pats win the war?" (hint: yes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like about Revis: The fact that he goes home after the jests* season is over, he's missed the playoffs again, and he opens his jewelry box and stares at his Patriots SB ring for about 20 seconds, puts it on for a few... and then puts it away for another year. And for that 30 seconds he admits to himself "Damn, I fockcd up!"

What I like about Revis: The fact that he goes home after the jests* season is over, he's missed the playoffs again, and he opens his jewelry box and stares at his Patriots SB ring for about 20 seconds, puts it on for a few... and then puts it away for another year. And for that 30 seconds he admits to himself "Damn, I fockcd up!"

Why would he say that?
After he puts the ring away, and looks at his investment portfolio, which is worth tens of millions more because of Jests, and says, "Damn, all this plus a ring. I fockcd those guys!"

Why would he say that?
After he puts the ring away, and looks at his investment portfolio, which is worth tens of millions more because of Jests, and says, "Damn, all this plus a ring. I fockcd those guys!"

You may be right. I guess somehow I still think of these guys as football players some of whom become business savvy as opposed to the opposite. Even if it doesn't affect him , maybe it annoys some of his teammates. A guy can hope, can't he?! :)

You may be right. I guess somehow I still think of these guys as football players some of whom become business savvy as opposed to the opposite. Even if it doesn't affect him , maybe it annoys some of his teammates. A guy can hope, can't he?! :)

Yeah, and I wish I wasn't as cynical about it. It isn't good for me or you or anyone.

Definitely still a quality player.
He certainly is still a quality player. I don't get why so much hate on the board for him. He left for more money. How was the end of 2014 any different that what he's been doing his whole career? We've gotten so used to people wanting to stay here and hometown discounts and all that. Some guys don't see it that way. Are we going to blast Collins or High if either leaves for more money? I know it's not exactly apples to apples, but it's close enough.

We won a SB with Revis and, contrary to what anyone wants to believe or say, he was a HUGE factor. He transformed the D and for the first time in MANY YEARS we saw the exotic schemes again. We saw an aggressive D again. There were probably more coverage sacks in 2014 than any other year recently (I have no numbers to support that). We got what we needed out of him and Revis did the same thing Casillas and Ayers and Hicks, et. al. did. And at the end of the day we only lost the AFCCG by two points. And I know you can say it for just about any game, but one or two things go differently and we're in the SB again WITHOUT Revis. I appreciate him for what he meant to that 2014 team, a very special team. Even BB said it right on the podium after winning the SB and many times prior to even making the playoffs that season. Revis is about as alright with me as a Jets player can be.

I kinda like Darelle Revis

He put a mediocre jets team into salary cap hell by holding out and squeezing every last penny out of them for 6 years, then signed a team-friendly deal with the Patriots and helped them win a Super Bowl, and then signed another cap - destroying 5 year deal with the mediocre jets that the team will be regretting for the next 4 years

In fact, I don't understand why any jets fan wouldn't hate Revis for those very same reasons

He certainly is still a quality player. I don't get why so much hate on the board for him. He left for more money. How was the end of 2014 any different that what he's been doing his whole career? We've gotten so used to people wanting to stay here and hometown discounts and all that. Some guys don't see it that way. Are we going to blast Collins or High if either leaves for more money? I know it's not exactly apples to apples, but it's close enough.

We won a SB with Revis and, contrary to what anyone wants to believe or say, he was a HUGE factor. He transformed the D and for the first time in MANY YEARS we saw the exotic schemes again. We saw an aggressive D again. There were probably more coverage sacks in 2014 than any other year recently (I have no numbers to support that). We got what we needed out of him and Revis did the same thing Casillas and Ayers and Hicks, et. al. did. And at the end of the day we only lost the AFCCG by two points. And I know you can say it for just about any game, but one or two things go differently and we're in the SB again WITHOUT Revis. I appreciate him for what he meant to that 2014 team, a very special team. Even BB said it right on the podium after winning the SB and many times prior to even making the playoffs that season. Revis is about as alright with me as a Jets player can be.

People don't like Revis because he isn't Bruschi, TB12, Troy Brown or other great Patriot players who took a hometown discount to stay. Plus he took the leagues side during Deflategate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back