PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cimini: "Jets won battle for Revis... did Pats win the war?" (hint: yes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were hoping he would gain being 1 more year removed from his injury. Maybe he will bounce back more next year.
Nah, effects from the injury are long gone. It's age creeping up now. Ain't no bouncing back from that.

Nah, effects from the injury are long gone. It's age creeping up now. Ain't no bouncing back from that.

Revis dealt with injury all season long, and was still a quality DB overall.

Hey... speak for yourself, youngster...

anigif_enhanced-24902-1405955562-11.gif

...I still got it.

that site only prevents the article from appearing higher in search engine results--in other words, if someone does a google search for "jets revis patriots butler won war", the above article will get a lower "hit" score and *might* appear lower in the results. but if you click on the article, you'll still be giving ESPN ad revenue.

what you want to do is to install an ad-blocker extension for your browser. this prevents ads on websites from loading in your browser, so the host site is denied the ad revenue. i use this one:

Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!
Both used combined are best for blacklisting websites. I don't think a lot of people use addblock.

If only we could get 3 Malcom Butlers at his current price :D.

That sentence just reminded me that we have Darryl Roberts coming back next year. He has awesome speed (4.38 40 & 6.66 3 cone), good length at 6', and he was turning a lot of heads during training camp. He could be a key contributor next year.

Sammy Watkins beat Revis like a rented mule.

Interesting to look back 10 months or so and read reactions to the Revis departure...

Revis Signs with NYJ | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard

A lot of this going on:

OMG, some of those posts are PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!

......especially ol' reliable Kraft hater - FCB02062 (a Poor Man's version of Patrodomous/Interception):

post #152:
"Pats went from top 3 defense in Afc to garbage in one day. Utterly shocking and I hope krafty Bob can explain this one away...perhaps (and I hope) they know there would be exceptional compensation r.e. tampering shohld Regis sign w nyj....super bowl play and all I don't think Butler's ready to be a #1 corner...."

Post #523;
"I can't wait to hear what the Pats "leak" to Reiss/Schefter for damage control. Also, what the F is plan B? Trade for Darius Butler? Ras I Dowling available? Terrence Wheatley's a free agent.....:mad:"

then the next day:

Chicken Littles... someone finds your lack of faith... | Page 6 | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard
Post #101;
"Chicken Littles? So, the Pats have one of the BEST defensive players in the game and they let him go over a reported 4M in guaranteed money and if you're pissed off about it you're a chicken little? Seriously, Belichick and Krafty Bob don't fart rainbows and sh#t unicorns....they CAN be criticized, and now's as good a time as ever."
On second thought, maybe Krafty Bob needed that extra $4m to pay for his end zone luxury club....

Post#117;
"I suspect you're excited the Pats are going into next season sans their starting corners from a super bowl winning team with little left in free agency or trade? Yes we all know about the salary cap, etc., and no, I don't toe the Felger "cap is crap" line either, but when I and others see the dough handed to McCourty and then Browner and Revis shown the door it is hard to grasp. At least in the past there was a plan b - let welker go you have amendola; let talib walk grab revis...now? Let Browner and Revis go and you have....Logan Ryan? Logan Ryan should take the nickname "Toast" from Stacy Toran (rip)...."

......because when you are hysterical and angry, the first rule is to blame Kraft first for all of Belichick's personnel decisions that you cannot understand. :p

Last edited:
OMG, some of those posts are PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!

......especially ol' reliable Kraft hater - FCB02062 (a Poor Man's version of Patrodomous/Interception):

post #152:
"Pats went from top 3 defense in Afc to garbage in one day. Utterly shocking and I hope krafty Bob can explain this one away...perhaps (and I hope) they know there would be exceptional compensation r.e. tampering shohld Regis sign w nyj....super bowl play and all I don't think Butler's ready to be a #1 corner...."

Post #523;
"I can't wait to hear what the Pats "leak" to Reiss/Schefter for damage control. Also, what the F is plan B? Trade for Darius Butler? Ras I Dowling available? Terrence Wheatley's a free agent.....:mad:"

then the next day:

Chicken Littles... someone finds your lack of faith... | Page 6 | New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard
Post #101;
"Chicken Littles? So, the Pats have one of the BEST defensive players in the game and they let him go over a reported 4M in guaranteed money and if you're pissed off about it you're a chicken little? Seriously, Belichick and Krafty Bob don't fart rainbows and sh#t unicorns....they CAN be criticized, and now's as good a time as ever."
On second thought, maybe Krafty Bob needed that extra $4m to pay for his end zone luxury club....

Post#117;
"I suspect you're excited the Pats are going into next season sans their starting corners from a super bowl winning team with little left in free agency or trade? Yes we all know about the salary cap, etc., and no, I don't toe the Felger "cap is crap" line either, but when I and others see the dough handed to McCourty and then Browner and Revis shown the door it is hard to grasp. At least in the past there was a plan b - let welker go you have amendola; let talib walk grab revis...now? Let Browner and Revis go and you have....Logan Ryan? Logan Ryan should take the nickname "Toast" from Stacy Toran (rip)...."

......because when you are hysterical and angry, the first rule is to blame Kraft first for all of Belichick's personnel decisions that you cannot understand. :p

Oh, and then the cherry on top!

Next day, when the Pats signed Jabal Sheard. FCB02062's immediate reaction?

Post #84:
"Jag"

FCB = Charlie Casserly :p

The best part of that was the fact that the Pats bowed out of the bidding a day earlier. Meanwhile, Mevis being true to form, went on "negotiating" with the Jets for mo money, and got it. He will be the most overpaid player in the NFL next year.

Ndonkeykong Suh says hi.

I think Revis enjoys his ice cream cones more than the playoffs based on his Instagram.

What this article misses is that the most significant differential isn't at cornerback, it is in the other positions that were strengthened (in the Pat's case) or weakened (in the Jets' case) by the allocation of so much cap space to a single position. Two or three Sheards can be had for the difference in pay between Butler and Revis. That is a huge difference between the two teams.

What this article misses is that the most significant differential isn't at cornerback, it is in the other positions that were strengthened (in the Pat's case) or weakened (in the Jets' case) by the allocation of so much cap space to a single position. Two or three Sheards can be had for the difference in pay between Butler and Revis. That is a huge difference between the two teams.

Not only that but, like the Welker and Mankins situations, the Revis situation situation becomes even MORE of a win for the Patriots every additional year out! Revis is only going to slow down, but his cap hit doesn't. Meanwhile, I do believe we are getting a 3rd rounder for him this spring........

Does this really work? if so it is totally awesome!
It works to an extent. Do it in conjunction with ad-blocker extension for your browser and you are severely impacting the websites ability to monetize your visits.
Ad-blocker can be customized so that for websites (lets say this board) who you want to be able to profit from your click can let through the adds but it blocks them for all other websites that are not on your "whitelist". Or you can create a "blacklist" of websites and let everything else through.

Revois didn't have a great season but his career matters greatly to him and I would expect him to bust his ass this off season so as to have as strong a 2016 as possible, he doesn't want to end up losing the later years of that deal. Either way he is never going to be Revis Island again and the Patriots were right to draw a line in the sand.

That sentence just reminded me that we have Darryl Roberts coming back next year. He has awesome speed (4.38 40 & 6.66 3 cone), good length at 6', and he was turning a lot of heads during training camp. He could be a key contributor next year.

Their CB situation is so much better now than I expected it to be in September. Adding Roberts in with Coleman and Johnson gives them good young depth to develop. Even then however I think they need to add more talent because their primary competition in the AFC next season will be Pitt and their WR corps talented and deep. If they can grab a decent vet in FA and a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd round I will feel much better about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST