PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TripGate Breaks Wide Open: Cimini of ESPN-NY Alleges It Came From The Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex claims he wasn't aware of this going on.

A player says it's been happening all season.

Therefore, I see 3 options:

1.) Player is lying/"misremembering"

2.) Ryan is lying

3.) Ryan is incompetent enough to miss this for an entire season

2 out of those 3 options should lead to repercussions against Rex.

Last edited:
Kneegate and now Wallgate. LOL. This is hilarious! Let the media have their field day with the Jets for once. And let's see some action from the League. Goodell can't just stand around and do nothing now after he's been lied to. Even if he does bleed green. :p

sure he can, just look at how he's tried to bury the favre/jets weenie pics.

Wow. Now Rex has resorted to telling everyone that he never lies. I've never met anyone who made it a point to tell people they didn't lie, who wasnt a liar.

Anyone who says "I never lie" is lying.

I guess it's at least "colorable", as a lawyer would say, that as the anti-Belichick, Rex Ryan is so unconcerned with football detail as to not even notice what Alosi was doing to aid his special teams.

But Westhoff?? Are we expected to believe that Westhoff, too, doesn't closely review tape of punt returns? That he never noticed on film the very wall Alosi was creating all year to impede gunners for the punt return team he is responsible for?? Westhoff, at least, is beyond doubt a liar.

Last edited:
I guess it's at least "colorable", as a lawyer would say, that as the anti-Belichick, Rex Ryan is so unconcerned with football detail as to not even notice what Alosi was doing to aid his special teams.

But Westhoff?? Are we expected to believe that Westhoff, too, doesn't closely review tape of punt returns? That he never noticed on film the very wall Alosi was creating all year to impede gunners for the punt return team he is responsible for?? Westhoff, at least, is beyond doubt a liar.

Well stated. Prior to this I bought into the hype of his greatness. Nevermore. Liar!

Last edited:
Seems EVERYBODY is claiming innocence...

128868070199124764.jpg

128868070199124764.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Bear Nixon: What about Bear Cavet? Do we have anything on Bear Cavet?
Bear Haldeman: I don't know sir, he [inaudible] a koala once but he never...
Bear Nixon: Find something on Bear Cavet I want that son-of-a-***** smeared
Bear Haldeman: Yes sir. Now when Bear Brezhnev arrives...
Bear Nixon: What about those Berenstein Bears,they're Jews aren't they...
Bear Haldeman: Yes sir, I believe they are sir...

Bah.

Have you seen Joe these days? Add a white leather belt and food in the corners of his mouth, and boyhood hero has morphed into my grandfather. The hiked-up pants and general kookiness spilling out of him has him most of the way there.

You're just jealous cause this former jock is scoring big time with all those former babes

So with the commish at the Stadium tonight and Florio involved in the Sunday night broadcast did anyone here 1 thing about the Jets tripping/sideline incident today?

So with the commish at the Stadium tonight and Florio involved in the Sunday night broadcast did anyone here 1 thing about the Jets tripping/sideline incident today?

shockingly, not a peep.

shockingly, not a peep.

Well I guess Goodell was successful in waiting this out. I was thinking about the recent Broncos videotaping incident and what it has in common with the Jets sideline/triping stuff and I just wanted to point this out:

The NFL accepted that in each case the main offenders acted on their own (Alosi for the Jets, Scarnecchia for the Broncos). In the Broncos case they fired Scarnecchia/McDaniels (who was also fined $50,000 by the NFL). The NFL also issued a statement:

"Although I find no fault with the way the club handled this matter once you and your executives became aware of it, I nonetheless believe that some penalty must be imposed," Goodell wrote. "We have no more important responsibility than preserving the integrity and competitive fairness of the game and avoiding any implication that games are decided by anything other than what takes place on the field."

The letter added: "This appears to be a single incident by an employee who acted entirely on his own; there was no competitive effect; and, most importantly, the Broncos promptly took the initiative to report the violation. Had any of those factors not been present, I would have almost certainly imposed much more substantial discipline on the club."
The league also fined the team $50,000 because:
But, Goodell added, "clubs are ultimately accountable for the conduct of their employees."

In the Jets case the team suspended Alsoi for the trip and gave him a $25,000 fine. When it became public Alosi was organizing a human wall all season the Jets increased his suspension. The NFL was satisfied with the punishment, and took no action against the Jets (even though they're supposed to be responsible for the actions of their employees as in the Broncos case) and just sent out a league wide memo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes