PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Rumors

As you said not too long ago: "You are using stats in which Willis wasn't a part of the NL.". Willis wasn't in the NL East this year. The NL East was significantly worse offensively in 2008 than it was in Willis' last 2 seasons there (The Braves, Phillies and Mets each failed to score 800 runs in 2008. All three scored 800+ in both 2006 and 2007).

No matter what stats we use Willis and Lugo still suck.

Yes, but one is 26 and has a recent history of being a dominant starter, and the other is 32 and has a career 88OPS+.

He had a fluke season 4 years ago. Big deal.

Willis, in 6 seasons as a major leaguer, has had a better than average ERA 4 times. Lugo, 9 seasons as a major leaguer, has had a better than average OPS 1 time.

Even if you think it was a fluke, its more than Lugo has ever done.

Go look at the Adjusted Equivilent Runs per Game.

haha even the Orioles are superior to every NL East team.
mr foley likes to cherry pick stats:rolleyes:. willis is a train wreck. i would rather have lugo at this point.

Last edited:
Pitchers can be erratic. I lived in Texas when Darren Oliver was a starter there. He sucked and was traded to Boston. He sucked and was traded somewhere with Boston eating his huge salary. He pitches out of the bullpen for the Angels now and is pretty good. How about the Eck? Countless number of pitchers have been bad and turned it around. In the case of Willis, he was not a one year wonder. His ERA for his first four years were pretty good, and at times spectacular. Give him a shot as the fifth starter, no pressure vs Lugo sitting on the bench waiting for a pinch run situation.

As you said not too long ago: "You are using stats in which Willis wasn't a part of the NL.". Willis wasn't in the NL East this year. The NL East was significantly worse offensively in 2008 than it was in Willis' last 2 seasons there (The Braves, Phillies and Mets each failed to score 800 runs in 2008. All three scored 800+ in both 2006 and 2007).

That's cuz they didn't have Willis to rack this year. :D

mr foley likes to cherry pick stats:rolleyes:. willis is a train wreck. i would rather have lugo at this point.

He does sometimes, but so doesn't everybody. Still though, what everyone is arguing about, isn't going to happen. There is no way the pitching starved Tigers are going to trade a 26 year old, former 22 game winner, and Cy Young runner up, for a .220 hitting 4th outfielder/utility infielder. They're better off hoping Willis straightens himself out.

I would have to agree with the trade. I think it would be best if he was gone.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back