PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade down with Steelers to screw over Jets

You didn't root for Brady in the Super Bowl. Why not?

Simply because I am not a Tampa Bay fan. I still appreciated what he brought to the table as a player but was not emotionally invested. You were highly invested because of your hard-on for BB and Kraft.

Brady wanted to stay, Belichick would only have it his way, Brady got fed up with it so he left, and Kraft let the entire charade unfold under his watch, and then pleaded for Brady to retire after he gave him a no franchise clause (which was a clear indication to everyone with a brain cell that he was still playing somewhere).

Biased conjecture you assume as fact. Casting the team's owner and coach/GM in a negative light taints most of your posts.

You may not like it, or want to acknowledge it, but we root for the same team. You mistake my criticism for wishing ill of the team. There's a big difference between thinking the team will lose and wanting the team to lose. I think they're winning no more than 8 games this season but that doesn't mean I'll be pissed if they win 12.

Look, other than that very last bit, you make a reasonable pitch. As I just explained above, I'm not optimistic about the team for this season and I don't see the point in faking it.

Incessantly dumping on Belichick is not "rooting." Calling Mac Jones a failure is not "rooting." Forecasting no more than eight wins this coming season is not "rooting."

Negativity and pessimism are not "rooting" yet define your presence here. You defend it as warranted criticism but of course, critics want to be right -- especially when conjuring "critiques" in great detail for public consumption. That equates to pushing an agenda. I believe you were/are a great fan of Tom Brady but certainly not a fan of the New England Patriots. Not at this point. You want to be right more than you want this team to win and for BB/Mac to succeed. Considering all the time you spend here that's kind of sick.

Team Brady vs Team Bill is a real thing too and I'm not so grandiose to take credit for it. You don't have to pick a side. I did. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. Just different.

"Team Brady vs. Team Bill" might be "a real thing" for you, but it definitely is not for me or the vast majority of fans on this site. It was petty and pointless enough while Brady was still playing. The fact you still carry that torch is bizarre.

We're way off topic at this point. So to reiterate, I was merely pointing out... "Bill screwed the Jets"... there's no truth to it.

You care about this, one guess as to why. Your pro-Brady/anti-BB jihad ultimately steers most threads you enter off topic.

Last edited:
"Team Brady vs. Team Bill" might be "a real thing" for you, but it definitely is not for me or the vast majority of fans on this site. It was petty and pointless enough while Brady was still playing. The fact you still carry that torch is bizarre.
Brady fanboys can’t see their own weird obsession… they’ll just get called out on it and accuse anyone they’re speaking with of “hating Brady” or being “team Bill.”

Yet another completely off topic thread devolves into a Brady knob slobbing fest thanks to above poster. His next move will be to insist how he didn’t mention Tom first therefore it’s not his fault… it’s just weird coincidence any thread he joins inevitably becomes a shrine to Tom’s magical ability to make bad defenses good, inspire his defensive teammates to pass rush or cover well and not need coaching or good players around him. Some real whackadoo stuff…

Simply because I am not a Tampa Bay fan. I still appreciated what he brought to the table as a player but was not emotionally invested. You were highly invested because of your hard-on for BB and Kraft.
Well, both BB and Kraft made huge mistakes in their parts for letting Brady walk for nothing. At the very least they should have tagged and traded Brady. I don't see how any Pats fan could argue against that.

That first season in Tampa Bay was like the perfect culmination of circumstances for Brady. They had a solid foundation of players. The head coach offered Brady a more wide open style of play, which by the end of the season with some tweaking of the playbook by Brady, was an elite operation. Brady was able to influence personnel decisions that paid off bigtime (AB, Gronk, and Fournette). It went a bit sideways in the second half of the NFCCG but for the most part everything was clicking in the postseason. Obviously Brady will be seen primarily as a Patriot (as he should be) but that 3-year stint in Tampa Bay to end his career very likely solidified an insurmountable GOAT status.

Biased conjecture you assume as fact. Casting the team's owner and coach/GM in a negative light taints most of your posts.
Look, I said it's my honest read on the situation based on all of the information I've seen. I'm hardly alone in my opinions on the subject. It's a broader conversation that's been had numerous times already so we don't have to rehash it now but I don't think it's fair to reduce my statements to "biased conjecture."

Incessantly dumping on Belichick is not "rooting." Calling Mac Jones a failure is not "rooting." Forecasting no more than eight wins this coming season is not "rooting."

Negativity and pessimism are not "rooting" yet define your presence here. You defend it as warranted criticism but of course, critics want to be right -- especially when conjuring "critiques" in great detail for public consumption. That equates to pushing an agenda. I believe you were/are a great fan of Tom Brady but certainly not a fan of the New England Patriots. Not at this point. You want to be right more than you want this team to win and for BB/Mac to succeed. Considering all the time you spend here that's kind of sick.
Either I'm right or I'm not. Same for you. Or for anyone else rendering an opinion. The team isn't going to win or lose games because I think they're mediocre. I obviously have no control on how the team is assembled and managed. I'm not sitting here hoping they draft Mapu multiple rounds too early with Josh Downs and Darnell Washington still sitting there... I'm hoping they would have taken either instead. I'm not rooting for the team to trade up for a kicker in the 4th round. I wanted Meyers back so I'm not "happy" he's gone. They should have taken a run at Jackson, or Rodgers, or even kicked the tires on Carr or Garoppolo. They're sticking with Mac (while not giving him the supporting cast he needs). I didn't want that but the team is doing it.

If Mac is great and the team wins 12 games with a deep playoff run then I'll be wrong and I'm entirely fine with that. I'd much rather be watching and investing in a quality product then running around a message board screaming "I was right."

Don't think it doesn't mean anything to Belichick. These guys are well aware of their legacies. Bill knows his head coaching record with and without Brady. His inner circle floated out the idea (while Brady was in his prime mind you) that they could win with any top 15 quarterback. To this point in his head coaching career he's below .500 with lesser quarterbacks than Brady so that notion seems pretty ridiculous.

I'm sure it was extremely satisfying for Brady to win a Super Bowl without Belichick. It's easy to say, well how could the Patriots have not been great, they had the GOAT QB and GOAT HC, but if one or both can win without the other than it provides some legacy independence. Brady has that now. Belichick doesn't. You know damn well Team Bill (or the IBWTers) would be chanting from the mountain top about winning without Brady if the Patriots can manage another successful run before Bill retires. And if it happens, it will be a moment well earned.

Well, both BB and Kraft made huge mistakes in their parts for letting Brady walk for nothing. At the very least they should have tagged and traded Brady. I don't see how any Pats fan could argue against that.
Brady had a no tag in his contract. In fact, it would've been amateur hour had Brady allowed the Pats to tag him at 43 years old.

Brady had a no tag in his contract. In fact, it would've been amateur hour had Brady allowed the Pats to tag him at 43 years old.
I realize both parties agreed to the no tag language in the contract. The team shouldn't have agreed with that. They could have tagged and traded him prior to the 2020 season if they hadn't agreed with that clause. It's obvious Brady wanted the no tag so he could find employment elsewhere. There was no way he would have considering retirement at that point (which Kraft disingenuously "hoped for" with his public comments). The GOAT QB left town with a lot left in the tank and they got nothing in return. Inexcusable as far as I'm concerned.

Nice to see that we've moved on to Cincinnati or 2023 or whatever.

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

That first season in Tampa Bay was like the perfect culmination of circumstances for Brady. They had a solid foundation of players. The head coach offered Brady a more wide open style of play, which by the end of the season with some tweaking of the playbook by Brady, was an elite operation. Brady was able to influence personnel decisions that paid off bigtime (AB, Gronk, and Fournette). It went a bit sideways in the second half of the NFCCG but for the most part everything was clicking in the postseason. Obviously Brady will be seen primarily as a Patriot (as he should be) but that 3-year stint in Tampa Bay to end his career very likely solidified an insurmountable GOAT status.

Look, I said it's my honest read on the situation based on all of the information I've seen. I'm hardly alone in my opinions on the subject. It's a broader conversation that's been had numerous times already so we don't have to rehash it now but I don't think it's fair to reduce my statements to "biased conjecture."

Either I'm right or I'm not. Same for you. Or for anyone else rendering an opinion. The team isn't going to win or lose games because I think they're mediocre. I obviously have no control on how the team is assembled and managed. I'm not sitting here hoping they draft Mapu multiple rounds too early with Josh Downs and Darnell Washington still sitting there... I'm hoping they would have taken either instead. I'm not rooting for the team to trade up for a kicker in the 4th round. I wanted Meyers back so I'm not "happy" he's gone. They should have taken a run at Jackson, or Rodgers, or even kicked the tires on Carr or Garoppolo. They're sticking with Mac (while not giving him the supporting cast he needs). I didn't want that but the team is doing it.

If Mac is great and the team wins 12 games with a deep playoff run then I'll be wrong and I'm entirely fine with that. I'd much rather be watching and investing in a quality product then running around a message board screaming "I was right."

Don't think it doesn't mean anything to Belichick. These guys are well aware of their legacies. Bill knows his head coaching record with and without Brady. His inner circle floated out the idea (while Brady was in his prime mind you) that they could win with any top 15 quarterback. To this point in his head coaching career he's below .500 with lesser quarterbacks than Brady so that notion seems pretty ridiculous.

I'm sure it was extremely satisfying for Brady to win a Super Bowl without Belichick. It's easy to say, well how could the Patriots have not been great, they had the GOAT QB and GOAT HC, but if one or both can win without the other than it provides some legacy independence. Brady has that now. Belichick doesn't. You know damn well Team Bill (or the IBWTers) would be chanting from the mountain top about winning without Brady if the Patriots can manage another successful run before Bill retires. And if it happens, it will be a moment well earned.

intro-import.jpg

Brady fanboys
What’s this supposed to mean? Are you referring to Mr Tom Brady? The guy who won six championships for the local franchise?

Your verbiage is most retrograde to my sensibilities.

What is this? A beer?

I have beer on the mind. I’m at the Idle Hands Brewery in Malden.

Your definition makes a lot more sense.

What’s this supposed to mean? Are you referring to Mr Tom Brady? The guy who won six championships for the local franchise?

Your verbiage is most retrograde to my sensibilities.
Loons who believe magical unicorn QB’s solve every problem, make bad defense good, make bad special teams good, don’t need coaches, good blocking or good scheme… you know exactly who I mean… or might be one of them.

Last edited:
I still haven't seen anything here that changes my original opinion that getting a 4th round pick for moving down 3 spots is a positive. When it comes to draft picks more is better.

I do find it funny that NYJ felt the need to put out a video to attempt to kill the narrative that Bill screwed them over.

EVERY team puts out videos such as this one:

The important stuff starts at 21:00

Where, exactly, is the evidence of tampering?

...It's obvious Brady wanted the no tag so he could find employment elsewhere. There was no way he would have considering retirement at that point (which Kraft disingenuously "hoped for" with his public comments). The GOAT QB left town with a lot left in the tank and they got nothing in return. Inexcusable as far as I'm concerned.

Not entirely correct: They got Ronnie - This Time For Sure, Rocky! - Perkins in return.

Not entirely correct: They got Ronnie - This Time For Sure, Rocky! - Perkins in return.
lol! TY. Ok the embarrassment of Ronnie Perkins in the 3rd round too. On top of the humiliation of watching Brady hoist a 7th Lombardi while standing next to head coach Bruce Arians.

lol! TY. Ok the embarrassment of Ronnie Perkins in the 3rd round too. On top of the humiliation of watching Brady hoist a 7th Lombardi while standing next to head coach Bruce Arians.

"Brady hoisted a seventh Lombardi standing next to Bruce Arians! The Patriots and their fans must have been humiliated! Devastated! POSITIVELY CHAGRINED! OH, I WANT THIS SO MUCH TO BE HOW EVERYONE FELT!!!" Quite a cute little fantasy world you've spun for yourself there, CrapSpammer.

"Brady hoisted a seventh Lombardi standing next to Bruce Arians! The Patriots and their fans must have been humiliated! Devastated! POSITIVELY CHAGRINED! OH, I WANT THIS SO MUCH TO BE HOW EVERYONE FELT!!!" Quite a cute little fantasy world you've spun for yourself there, CrapSpammer.
this is expected when one is a stool gobbler and a stupid punk troll...

The fans?? Why would Patriots fans be humiliated by Brady winning a Super Bowl with the Bucs? Did the fans squeeze their quarterback with insulting incentive laden contracts? Arrogantly push the GOAT out of town? And then pull the corpse of Cam Newton from the scrapheap? No, we didn't. However, BB did all of those things, which yes, led to a good bit of humiliation while Brady won a championship with a stuffed turkey for a head coach.

All along it wasn't the head coach/team that could win with any top 15 quarterback but rather it was the quarterback that could win with any top 15 head coach/team.

Yoko wanted to live in Florida. Worked out for Brady. He got another ring...probably got selected player of the week, too!!!!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back