PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade deadline thread

@n6249c going around slapping "already been discussed" emoji's on everyone. Lol

Dude, it's a football forum, aside from a GDT that's live, pretty much everything has already been discussed. Maybe this isn't for you?
I didn‘t hit every post, just the ones that showed no thought from last time they posted the same thing. I’m trying to tell you some of you sound like a broken record. maybe if a lot of you didn’t take every chance to post the same one sentence complaints about Bill, or whatever your idée fixe happens to be, it wouldn’t be as tiresome.

you’re right about one thing though. As a Patriots fan this is no longer a great place. I‘m coming here looking for football talk and I’m finding a lot of whiners complaining and crying with nothing new. I keep coming and looking for football talk but find it less and less often. And recently I’ve been seeing posts obviously looking to pit Pats fn against Pats fan. Place is going downhill. Ian deserves better.

so, stop posting the same complaints in every thread, and I’ll have nothing to tag as beating a dead horse. Deal?

I didn‘t hit every post, just the ones that showed no thought from last time they posted the same thing. I’m trying to tell you some of you sound like a broken record. maybe if a lot of you didn’t take every chance to post the same one sentence complaints about Bill, or whatever your idée fixe happens to be, it wouldn’t be as tiresome.

you’re right about one thing though. As a Patriots fan this is no longer a great place. I‘m coming here looking for football talk and I’m finding a lot of whiners complaining and crying with nothing new. I keep coming and looking for football talk but find it less and less often. And recently I’ve been seeing posts obviously looking to pit Pats fn against Pats fan. Place is going downhill. Ian deserves better.

so, stop posting the same complaints in every thread, and I’ll have nothing to tag as beating a dead horse. Deal?
Fair enough.

2020: Pats' Worst Trade Deadline EVAH.

When your offense is #31 overall in the league by scoring only 14.8 PPG, I'm pretty sure that doing absolutely NOTHING to help the offense this year qualifies as a pretty bad trade deadline as well!

BOB was literally begging BB - "Hey Boss, I could use some help on offense. Maybe a receiving threat or an OL?"
BB's reply - "14.8 ppg is good enough if our defense can hold em to 13. Nah, no changes needed! We'll just run it BACK with this group!"

When your offense is #31 overall in the league by scoring only 14.8 PPG, I'm pretty sure that doing absolutely NOTHING to help the offense this year qualifies as a pretty bad trade deadline as well!

BOB was literally begging BB - "Hey Boss, I could use some help on offense. Maybe a receiving threat or an OL?"
BB's reply - "14.8 ppg is good enough if our defense can hold em to 13. Nah, no changes needed! We'll just run it BACK with this group!"
Literally? I doubt that. If it’s really literally true please cite your source. Otherwise admit it’s only literally your figurative hyperbolic fantasy.

seems just as likely to me that it went like this:

BB: nobody’s offering us OL but I can get you Peoples-Jones or Hardman at WR, how many additional wins will you deliver if I pull the trigger?
BOB: with Mac at QB and no OL upgrade it‘s not going to matter.

Literally? I doubt that. If it’s really literally true please cite your source. Otherwise admit it’s only literally your figurative hyperbolic fantasy.

seems just as likely to me that it went like this:

BB: nobody’s offering us OL but I can get you Peoples-Jones or Hardman at WR, how many additional wins will you deliver if I pull the trigger?
BOB: with Mac at QB and no OL upgrade it‘s not going to matter.
Except Jaguars got Ezra Cleveland (G) for a '24 6th rounder. That's a hell of a good trade and we could've definitely used him to replace the rookies and strengthen our line.

There were two others who would've been worthy of 2nd contracts, Groppy & Brisket, but they were traded before those rookie contracts expired.
Shaq Mason was worthy of a 2nd contract and received one.

Shaq Mason was worthy of a 2nd contract and received one.

True, though I believe the original context of the article concerned those players drafted by the end of the 3rd round...

Lol not going to lie I'd be scared to tell this guy bad news. Also seems odd that he stayed at the facility so they'd have to look him in the eyes if they traded him but then is open to re-signing.

Lol not going to lie I'd be scared to tell this guy bad news. Also seems odd that he stayed at the facility so they'd have to look him in the eyes if they traded him but then is open to re-signing.

Lol @ thinking telling him he’s traded from the Patriots to a better team would be giving him bad news.

or is this saying he likes being here and playing for BB so maybe re-signing him is a possibility?

Lol @ thinking telling him he’s traded from the Patriots to a better team would be giving him bad news.

or is this saying he likes being here and playing for BB so maybe re-signing him is a possibility?
Sounds like he is open to re-signing here and also more than willing to play tackle.

Sounds like he is open to re-signing here and also more than willing to play tackle.

I also wonder how the rest of the league values him, especially at RT...

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back