PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade deadline thread

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
At 2-6 they should sell. I wish Bourne didn’t get hurt but maybe he’ll have value anyway if they wish to trade him.

Pats should do what the Broncos are doing and tell teams they’re listening on everyone. Let the bidding begin.

Yup. Start collecting draft picks. However, I don’t see Bill doing this as he didn’t do it in 2020.

If BB’s job is safer than it ought to be then I hope he is willing to accept a bottom 5 season and the benefits that come with it next April…instead of trying to salvage an unsalvageable season to get closer to a record I doubt anyone cares about.

There are a few decent pieces here. Rebuild right and we won’t be down for that long.

Zeke deserves better than this. Maybe Dallas would take him back for a pick?

I would really hate to say goodbye to Dugger. But he gone next year so they might.

This will be enjoyable to see how much our **** players are overrated.

Yup. Start collecting draft picks. However, I don’t see Bill doing this as he didn’t do it in 2020.
2020 was a mistake. Winning meaningless games against crap teams and pretending like we had a shot when we didn't and ending up settling in the middle of the draft. Granted all the QB's besides Lawrence suck. But this is their chance to correct that

Zeke deserves better than this. Maybe Dallas would take him back for a pick?
I considered this today. Dallas might consider a 4th rounder for Zeke

There are lots of team whose fans want to sell, sell, sell, sell and tank,

My under/over on trades before the deadline is 15, with 1 for us.

At 2-6 they should sell. I wish Bourne didn’t get hurt but maybe he’ll have value anyway if they wish to trade him.

Pats should do what the Broncos are doing and tell teams they’re listening on everyone. Let the bidding begin.
Belichick has always listened, but that doesn't mean that he'll make any deals. TBH, it wouldn't be surprising if his only move before the deadline was to trade for another receiver (if Bourne has a serious injury).

If BB’s job is safer than it ought to be then I hope he is willing to accept a bottom 5 season and the benefits that come with it next April…
There are exactly two benefits to a bottom 5 season vs reaching the Conference Championship.

(1) You get one premium draft pick.
(2) You get three easier games on your schedule the next year.

There are exactly two benefits to a bottom 5 season vs reaching the Conference Championship.

(1) You get one premium draft pick.
(2) You get three easier games on your schedule the next year.
I think the benefits of playing hard down the stretch and seeing what everyone is made of is worth more. See the early years of Drew.

Play the young guys
Sell for right price, don’t give players away.
Except Bryant! :)

I’d move Mac to the Vikes for picks.
If I’m BB unless I’m is blown away with an offer id keep Mac and let him finish the season no matter what for better or worse. At least then I know what I have with Mac for sure and then I can take into 2024 some knowledge about what I need from the offense.

If the team decides Mac just needs weapons then I hope they have enough picks to move up and get Marvin Harrison Jr. That would be nice. if the team feels Mac isn’t the guy then don’t pick up his option and go QB shopping.

If I’m BB unless I’m is blown away with an offer id keep Mac and let him finish the season no matter what for better or worse. At least then I know what I have with Mac for sure and then I can take into 2024 some knowledge about what I need from the offense.
FWIW, if they offered a first, I'd take it. Anything less than a 2 would be F off territory.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back