PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade deadline thread

So why do you accept a 4th round pick for Uche but not a 5th round pick? If you’re willing to accept a 4th, you’re clearly looking to unload the player and not going to sign to a lte. Clearly the player isn’t going to be the guy that’s the difference between bad team and contender.

So why not just take the best offer? It’s something. They traded Gilmore for a bottom round pick because that was the market (well it actually wan’t.)

It seems like more stupid games by Bill, more stupid prizes for the Patriots.

Yup. Start collecting draft picks. However, I don’t see Bill doing this as he didn’t do it in 2020.

Have we ever made moves at the deadline? I very much doubt BB will do anything proactive to improve the team at this point.

I'm just hoping Kraft will finally take away Bill's GM duties during the offseason.

We really need to NAIL the draft and BB's drafting is from the dinosaur age.

It doesn't work for today's NFL where having offensive talent matters.

Last edited:
Holy crap just got a citation from an article. Not only does BB not like to improve the team with deadline moves, he hasn't done it for 3 straight seasons!!

"As a consequence of their inactivity, the Patriots have now not made a deadline deal in three straight years. The last such move was made in 2020, when wide receiver Isaiah Ford briefly joined the team."

source article: MSN

"As a consequence of their inactivity, the Patriots have now not made a deadline deal in three straight years. The last such move was made in 2020, when wide receiver Isaiah Ford briefly joined the team."
Isaiah Ford, LMAO.

Damn, don't remember that one. Would love to see the reactions to that move.

49ers and Eagles build teams like you do in Madden.
BB builds his current Teams like the old Nintendo 10 yard fight. :rolleyes:

Don't get the hate towards Tua. He leads the league in Yds, TDs, Rating, 2.6:1 TD:Int. On track for mvp (as he was last year before injuries). Record of 27-15. More importantly:

Tua vs Goat D HC: 6 - 0 (7 TD / 4 Int)

I'd take Tua > Mac in a heart beat.
The Patriots homers who hate on Tua even still are wild. He is 6-0 against us and is an MVP candidate.

@n6249c going around slapping "already been discussed" emoji's on everyone. Lol

Dude, it's a football forum, aside from a GDT that's live, pretty much everything has already been discussed. Maybe this isn't for you?

It's a brutal stat, but it's a little misleading, too.

Half of those 18 picks were 3rd-rounders, and low 3rd-rounders at that. Most 3rd-rounders don't last long with the team that picked them and are in the NFL for about 4-5 years, total.

Of the others, one was a backup QB that BB was forced to unload (Jimmy - Brisett, too, as one of the third rounders), Thuney was franchised, but they couldn't keep him...which was terrible. Wynn was given a 5th year option, which was destroyed by Fat Matt. A couple were RBs. And three were injury issues.

But still, yeah, craptastic, particularly with the secondary picks.
They've got FOUR guys up this year who should be offered pretty good second contracts BY THEM: Onwenu, Dugger, Jennings, and Uche.
Bill by multiple accounts could have got more for Jimmy had he not waited till the trade deadline in 2017 and just traded him the offseason prior.

They "couldn't keep" Thuney because Bill sunk a bunch of money into a guard already with Shaq Mason. Then he cost himself a third round comp pick by franchising him in a lost year for no reason.

Wynn was an injury prone undersized tackle who became a complete malcontent and went MIA last year. By all accounts he has played well in Miami at guard until his latest injury. No idea why big brain Bill didn't have him at guard when it became clear he was a subpar tackle. Maybe we wouldn't have been playing musical chairs at guard and ended up with Strange (another bust) if they just kicked Wynn inside sooner. Either way Bill doubled down on a mistake (like he has done very often the last few years) and picked up Wynn's 5th year option.

Bill by multiple accounts could have got more for Jimmy had he not waited till the trade deadline in 2017 and just traded him the offseason prior.

They "couldn't keep" Thuney because Bill sunk a bunch of money into a guard already with Shaq Mason. Then he cost himself a third round comp pick by franchising him in a lost year for no reason.

Wynn was an injury prone undersized tackle who became a complete malcontent and went MIA last year. By all accounts he has played well in Miami at guard until his latest injury. No idea why big brain Bill didn't have him at guard when it became clear he was a subpar tackle. Maybe we wouldn't have been playing musical chairs at guard and ended up with Strange (another bust) if they just kicked Wynn inside sooner. Either way Bill doubled down on a mistake (like he has done very often the last few years) and picked up Wynn's 5th year option.
Show me where I disagree with anything you posted, Mr. Ugh.

Show me where I disagree with anything you posted, Mr. Ugh.
Then I guess I must have missed your point? My main reaction to the initial Tweet was Bill's bad drafting has been snowballing for years even with a Super Bowl win in 2018 in the mix.

Holy crap just got a citation from an article. Not only does BB not like to improve the team with deadline moves, he hasn't done it for 3 straight seasons!!

source article: MSN

2020: Pats' Worst Trade Deadline EVAH.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes