PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trade Deadline: This Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mankins is a Punk-*****

No he isn't. But he is a commodity. Not wanting to play for the Patriots doesn't make him a "punk". It just makes him stubborn wanting to be the highest paid guard in the NFL.

No he isn't. But he is a commodity. Not wanting to play for the Patriots doesn't make him a "punk". It just makes him stubborn wanting to be the highest paid guard in the NFL.

He has bad management. He wants to be paid like a LT, nevermind a guard.

There have been no serious inquiries reported about him. Its not the compensation that is too steep, its his price tag, and the inflation it would cause among interior linemen. This at a time when management is looking to reel in player salaries to the point they are prepared to lock the players out.

Well said shirtsleeve.

Trading Asomugha could make sense - AFC West Blog - ESPN
Trading Asomugha could make sense
Sunday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the Oakland Raiders are willing to trade any player on the roster.

That means star left cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha could be had.
It is doubtful any team would make a blockbuster deal for Asomugha before Tuesday’s deadline. But if the opportunity presented itself, Oakland needs to listen. Asomugha is a commodity and Oakland has to do what’s best for the future of the franchise.

How about we offer our first for Asomugha? What do you guys think?

maybe not now. but I think Oakland will try to manufacture a trade in the post season to get a pick in the first rd of the next draft. With who I have no idea. But it wouldn't suprise me.

i'd give up one of our thirds in a heartbeat for a corner better than Arrington/Butler/Wilhite/Wheatley

We'll get it back we trade back out of those first round picks anyway

Last edited:
Looks like he is under contract only for a year. This means we will be giving up our 1st for a 1 year rental. If it is true, then this will be exactly like the Seymour trade but only in reverse.

I don't think BB is that inept !

Definitely not for a year. We need to talk to the agent and come to an agreement to lock him up for 4 or 5 year contract

I'd like to see the pats acquire wimbley, scott, or shaughnessy

I'd like to see the pats acquire wimbley, scott, or shaughnessy

Scott works for me. A real ready to go DE/OLB hybrid. Asamugha makes a lot of sense if you can extend him for four years or five. He'll never resign in Oakland and Al knows that.

Correct me if I am wrong but, you can still trade Mankins rights. It is a gamble by the other Team, but if they have permission from the Pats and his stupid agent agrees, it can be done. He's a California nut bag anyway.

I see glaring holes in the back seven where we thought we are stronger this summer. I see Merriweather Pro Bowl or not, does not have the smarts to be a Patriot. I see Sanders (and you all know he is not my favorite) as a $3 million dollar (wow!) back up who has regressed.

For your interest here are two trades that help us and others. They are for entertainment only.
OAKLAND:

Asamugha (with a 4 year extension only) and Michael Huff who is just turning the corner as a solid FS with 41 tackles and a sack, can cover fairly well and is smart and fast, and would makes a nice tandem with Chung,.... and DE/OLB Trevor Scott (12 SACKS in three years) for Mankins (they in-turn, would have to sign him long term), our second rounder and Merriweather. Al would see BH as a Tatum type. We would have to put a little cabbage on the corned beef like perhaps our sixth rounder or perhaps a less used part like Brace and/or a CB like Wheatley or Wilhaite to add back a CB for Al.

Yep, we get Asamugha who is a Pro Bowler, but they get back two Pro Bowlers. They pick up an upper tier draft choice they traded away and perhaps immediately get their best O Lineman who is a California Cowboy anyway.
I would love this trade.

ARIZONA:
The after mentioned Mankins and Merriweather for Larry Fitzgerald (he is free as a contract option in 2011 and won't stay there as he is an East Coast kid). Mankins and Fitz have to re-up with their new teams of course. And I like Adrian Wilson. He's 31 but 21 tackles, a sack and an interception. Very smart and experience and great for our DB kids. BB does not really play a FS/SS package so this would work with Chung. And we pitch our second rounder. Faneca is older. They can move 338 lb. Latui outside. They will lose Larry F. anyway. I would throw in a Brace or Pryor to get this done as they are struggling against the run.
This one is not likely because the typical NFL F.O. are a bit stodgy and lazy to make a deal like this happen.

DW Toys

Last edited:
Asomugha, Trevor Scott, and Michael Huff for Mankins, Meriweather, and a 2nd? Why not trade both our firsts, Meriweather, and Sanders for Adam Carriker? After all, he has 13 tackles and half a sack. A true stud if I've ever seen one.

Seriously, though: are you high? This isn't MLB; this is the NFL. Please come back to reality.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong but, you can still trade Mankins rights. It is a gamble by the other Team, but if they have permission from the Pats and his stupid agent agrees, it can be done. He's a California nut bag anyway.

You're wrong.

The only way to trade Mankins is to get him to sign his tender first.

Last edited:
am I the only one that thinks a little excitement for the trade deadline in the NFL would be great?
i know it's a tough thing to do, maybe moving it to week 9 or 10 especially if it goes to 18 games.

I agree. I think the trade deadline should be moved to the 3rd week in November,
sometime btwn Veterans' Day & the week of Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
i'd give up one of our thirds in a heartbeat for a corner better than Arrington/Butler/Wilhite/Wheatley.

We'll get it back, we trade back out of those first round picks anyway.

I agree; I'd love to acquire a more reliable CB than the fearful foursome above.

As soon as Bodden was IRed, Bill should've been working the phones instead of relying on a rookie,
a 2nd-year guy with questionable toughness, a frail, injury-riddled 3rd-year guy,
an under-talented 3rd-year guy who's always a day late & a dollar short, and a UDFA.

Last edited:
He has bad management. He wants to be paid like a LT, nevermind a guard.

There have been no serious inquiries reported about him. Its not the compensation that is too steep, its his price tag, and the inflation it would cause among interior linemen. This at a time when management is looking to reel in player salaries to the point they are prepared to lock the players out.

That is ignorance combining with his hubris......

^bad combination....... ask Napoleon and Hitler about that pairing:eek:

Asomugha, Trevor Scott, and Michael Huff for Mankins, Meriweather, and a 2nd? Why not trade both our firsts, Meriweather, and Sanders for Adam Carriker? After all, he has 13 tackles and half a sack. A true stud if I've ever seen one.

Seriously, though: are you high? This isn't MLB; this is the NFL. Please come back to reality.

I don't think that is a very good trade for Carriker. It seems like it would not be fair. But if that is what you dream about......... Why trade your binky Sanders, Jack?

It seems I prefaced all this or did you miss that?

The inspiration was Crazy Al offering a sweepstakes on his players.
NFL G.M.'s are too afraid and lazy to attempt any type of blockbuster, I will agree. Fat and happy. Status quo I say.
DW Toys

Last edited:
No. Most NFL GMs are rational people, maybe not all the brightest bulbs, but 90% of them have their feet firmly planted in the real world. Why MLB fantasy trade fanboys think the NFL is gonna lose its business mind and do stupid trades galore I'll never know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes