• Caleb Williams

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Jayden Daniels + Roman Odunze

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
0:33 scares me for Maye

Take the best QB. But I’m not sure I’m big on the trade up option. Team has too many holes on offense.

You really don’t want to end up in the same situation Carolina is in right now. That alone should be a cautionary tale.

Really interesting regarding Daniels' development this year using VR. The speeding up of the plays is something I'd totally do and am a huge fan of - like when I watch foreign language shows/movies in 1.25 to 1.5x speed so that when I listen to normal speech it sounds slow and easily comprehensible.

Macaluso pressed a specific play on the iPad, then said it aloud to Daniels: “Tree Right Hug Y Swift Iowa Cold Flash Z Stop.” Macaluso then selected a specific defense but did not inform Daniels of the defense he picked so he would have to react to coverage movement in real time. Daniels received the snap (virtually), and the technology forced him to read out the plan in 1.7 seconds — faster than game speed.
Daniels ramped up his usage of the technology to three times a week as the 2023 season progressed. Each week, Macaluso sent Krakau and Hartmann the call sheet, numerical data and film examples of LSU’s concepts, as well as examples of that week’s defense. Krakau and Hartmann added in the different stadiums with details down to the black and gold at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Missouri, to the exact spot where the play clock would be located so that Daniels would not have to acclimate himself to it for the first time when he arrived.
“Look Jayden,” Marucci said, “You don’t have to make me feel better. I know you’ve done a lot with this. How much has this helped you with scanning the field? How much does this really impact the way you’re seeing it?”

Marucci’s hope was that Daniels’ response would be at least 5 percent. If we can get 5 percent more for a quarterback out of this, he thought, we’re doing pretty good.

Daniels pondered for a few seconds, then responded.

“Seventy-five to 80 percent,” Daniels said.

He will have a better qb next year, McCord entered the transfer portal, so a Heisman may be in play for Harrison.

Take the best QB. But I’m not sure I’m big on the trade up option. Team has too many holes on offense.

You really don’t want to end up in the same situation Carolina is in right now. That alone should be a cautionary tale.
Yep.

Keep their picks. Add to the weaknesses last year.

Tank this year and add Caleb to go with Moore for 2024.

Instead, they have no high picks. No WR. A very bad QB (thus far). And the worst owner in the league.

That said, Patriots seem to be a smarter organization than Carolina. Kraft likely doesn't meddle in everything. And they have a history of success. Despite the recent struggle. Carolina has none of that.

After last night's win, if we're lucky we'll get the 3rd pick:
- I think we'll lose the next 3 vs KC-Denv-Buff, but win the finale at home vs the Jets, giving us a 4-13 record
- Carolina may win 1 more, so 2-15 record, #1 pick (owned by the Bears)
- Ariz may win 1 more, so 3-14, #2 pick

Of the teams with 4 wins currently:
- Washington may lose out, finishing 4-13 like us, but they beat us head to head so I think we'd get the 3rd pick
- the Jets will hopefully beat Washington at home to get to 5-12
- the Bears will hopefully beat AZ at home to get to 5-12
- the Giants have GB and the Rams at home - win one to get to 5-12
- Tenn has Hou and Sea at home - win one to get to 5-12

But if any of the Bears-Giants-Titans lose out, we'd end up in a group of 4-win teams and potentially be picking 4th, 5th, 6th, depending on tiebreakers. I do think the Jets will beat Wash at home. Of course, if we lose all our remaining games, then we're picking 2nd or 3rd.
I seen you responded to Arizona already having 3 wins
We also lost to the Giants so if we end up with 4 wins we pick before them

I seen you responded to Arizona already having 3 wins
We also lost to the Giants so if we end up with 4 wins we pick before them
FYI, I believe SOS takes precedence over Head to Head. Giants/Pats would need to be tied in SOS for it to go there.

Edit: Example is Jets/Giants both at 4-8. Even though they won head to head, Jets still pick just ahead of Giants due to .517 to .519 SOS.

FYI, I believe SOS takes precedence over Head to Head. Giants/Pats would need to be tied in SOS for it to go there.

Edit: Example is Jets/Giants both at 4-8. Even though they won head to head, Jets still pick just ahead of Giants due to .517 to .519 SOS.
Correct. Strength of Schedule is the tiebreaker. Head to Head comes into play in the unlikely scenario of identical SOS.

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.
If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, or ties still exist between teams of different conferences, ties will be broken the following tie-breaking method:
  1. Head-to-head, if applicable
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)
  3. Strength of victory in all games

Anybody else see the irony of Zappe situation?? If he starts losing the Pats keep their high draft pick and hence he probly losses his job to another Qb next year….IF he keeps winning … lower pick … no Qb picked (maybe) at least not the top 2-3 guys … has a better chance of keeping his starting role next year. It would maybe be his job to lose … yowzaaa

If we are #1/#2, I take Maye...I like his physical tools the best.

If we fall out of the top 2...I take Harrison Jr. or an OT... then trade back into the 1st to take the LSU kid or Nix/McCarthy in the late 1st.

And I am done with Jones. I hope he will end up being a NFL QB, but just not in Foxboro. I sign Brissett in FA and have Zappe round out the QB room. And also try to sign Tee Higgins and Jerry Jeudy in FA...while trying to keep Dugger/Onwenu as well!!!

He will have a better qb next year, McCord entered the transfer portal, so a Heisman may be in play for Harrison.
And reportedly, he's being offered some huge NIL deals.

That's not even allowed.

I agree, but that’s what has been reported. Either way he sounds like he’s going to be a headache for whomever drafts him.

Maye & Daniels sound like better fits than Williams.

That win last night hurt our chances - wish the refs had gotten that punt offsides penalty right and Pitt got a score, but on the other hand this team is a little too proud and talented to lose 10 in a row.

The next 3 games seem like fairly certain L's, but it's tough to picture losing that Jets finale, so probably we're a 4-13 team.

Well we lost any realistic shot at the number 1 pick with that pointless steelers win but you take the QB when you don't have one every single time. That position is by far the most important. You can't **** around there.

Yep.

Keep their picks. Add to the weaknesses last year.

Tank this year and add Caleb to go with Moore for 2024.

Instead, they have no high picks. No WR. A very bad QB (thus far). And the worst owner in the league.

That said, Patriots seem to be a smarter organization than Carolina. Kraft likely doesn't meddle in everything. And they have a history of success. Despite the recent struggle. Carolina has none of that.

Once again, the only people who “ tank” are the owner and GM, coaches and players aren’t going to do it because it reflects on their performance, job, and $$$$. No player is going to put ****ty tape out there to help their franchise get a higher pick. A GM who is totally secure might do it at an owners request or demand, by passing up available players, but that’s about the extent of it. And when Ross tried it in Miami it blew up in his face, and led to sanctions, although he should have been forced to sell and banned for life from ever owning an NFL franchise again.

If we are #1/#2, I take Maye...I like his physical tools the best.

If we fall out of the top 2...I take Harrison Jr. or an OT... then trade back into the 1st to take the LSU kid or Nix/McCarthy in the late 1st.

And I am done with Jones. I hope he will end up being a NFL QB, but just not in Foxboro. I sign Brissett in FA and have Zappe round out the QB room. And also try to sign Tee Higgins and Jerry Jeudy in FA...while trying to keep Dugger/Onwenu as well!!!

I’m torn between Maye and Daniel’s. I’ll need to read more about them the next few months.

Maye & Daniels sound like better fits than Williams.

That win last night hurt our chances - wish the refs had gotten that punt offsides penalty right and Pitt got a score, but on the other hand this team is a little too proud and talented to lose 10 in a row.

The next 3 games seem like fairly certain L's, but it's tough to picture losing that Jets finale, so probably we're a 4-13 team.

I didn’t watch it. I’m rooting for the highest pick, and I can’t watch them and root for them to lose. Sounds like Zappe played better, he’s going to find it tough to win anything other than the Jets game, and they could possibly even lose that, as like the Pats the Jrtscdefense is good.Or at least it was good when the year started.

Once again, the only people who “ tank” are the owner and GM, coaches and players aren’t going to do it because it reflects on their performance, job, and $$$$. No player is going to put ****ty tape out there to help their franchise get a higher pick. A GM who is totally secure might do it at an owners request or demand, by passing up available players, but that’s about the extent of it. And when Ross tried it in Miami it blew up in his face, and led to sanctions, although he should have been forced to sell and banned for life from ever owning an NFL franchise again.
well you can have good performance numbers and still lose

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back