PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 Gutsiest calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the thread title, the safety in Denver in 2003 was the first thing I thought of.

i think it was a vary smart move. not exactly putting the game on the line move. the pats were already down and punting from their own endzone.either way the broncos were going to get a chance to run the clock out. what other alternatives did he have iam not sure but they were down anyway and a long way away from scoring.
i think last week or the 1st week 1 team pulled the same move , bills vs miami i think and failed .

3 of the gustiest calls in NFL history happened last year so to me this list was put together by a bunch of interns at the NFLN. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they discussed playing it safe was a decision that held more risk and took more balls then 50+ years of decisions that happen on the field every Sunday.

I haven't seen the show to hear how they framed this argument, but isn't intentionally losing a game the opposite of a gutsy call?

Controversial? Sure, but when I hear "gutsy" I think about a team/player/coach taking a risk or doing something bold. Losing on purpose doesn't really fit that criteria.

ballwasher2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference