PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tonight a Dynasty Is Born!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is SB week (again) I started my traditional rewatch of the 3 Games to Glory videos.

Back in 2001 I was an AOLe and after they won and the 3GTG video came out I remember joking about whether they would come out with a #GTGII if they won another SB. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would ever be looking at 3GTGIV.

These are some of the things that I had forgotten about during that 1st run:

- The Raiders biggest screw up was on the punt just before the Pats first score. There's the ball rolling gently up to the goal line with a Raider in position to leave the Pats on the 1 inch line, and the fool is sitting in the end zone and thinks all he has to do is stop the ball and his feet didn't matter. That HC is now in line to make 100 million.
- The Raider game was the first 10 point playoff comeback (of many) for B&B.
- The ST's (especially Troy Brown) were outstanding for the Pittsburgh AFCCG.
- Bill Cowher was as whiny then as Mike Triplin is now.
- The cheap shot on Brady was made to look as if the defender was slipping (even the announcers fell for it) but it was clear that the intention was to take Tom out, just as the Steelers did to Carson Palmer a couple of years later.
- It was great to have Drew to step in but after his initial TD he started to revert back to Bad Drew.
- Adam Vinatieri missed a FG that would have iced that game.
- Ricky Proehl was correct.
- ST's were a big factor again.
- Our defense then was absolutely stacked.

Time to watch 3 Games to Glory II

The dynasty prohlbably wasn’t going to happen for him anyways as he got prohl’d over at the end of both games by the Patriots’ prohlific offense.

A second dynasty will be born next Sunday night.

One of the more embarrassing statements in sports history. Of course, Seattle’s attitude going into sb49 was not far off from that.

Best thing about that SB highlight video is the celebrating midget or "little person" on STL sideline

Too funny. Oh the irony.

Well, he was right!

Battle of Pteria - Wikipedia

Among historians, the outcome of the battle remains debatable and unclear. Before all of this, and prior to his invasion, Croesus asked the Oracle of Delphi for advice. The Oracle suggested vaguely that, "if King Croesus crosses the Halys River, a great empire will be destroyed."[3] Croesus received these words with delight, instigating a war that would ironically and eventually end not the Persian Empire but his own.

This whole two dynasty business.

Wonder how it applies?

Tom Brady, Belichick, Ernie and Dante have 5 rings with same team. Technically their dynasty is the whole 5 rings with a possible 6th coming up?

A decent group of players could accumulate 3 from the last 4 years.

So is it 2 separate dynasties? Or just a bunch of factors? Time in between etc?

- The cheap shot on Brady was made to look as if the defender was slipping (even the announcers fell for it) but it was clear that the intention was to take Tom out, just as the Steelers did to Carson Palmer a couple of years later.
- It was great to have Drew to step in but after his initial TD he started to revert back to Bad Drew.

Oh yeah. The Lee Flowers hit on Brady's ankle was a total cheap shot. Par for the course for the Squeelers.

Drew started 4-for-4 and that TD and I remember thinking "Ok - we're gonna get this!". Then he went 7-for-21 in the second half, including two throws that were miraculously not intercepted (the one into an LB's breadbasket and the one where he threw it backwards over his head while being sacked) and it became "oh god, can the defense keep fending PIT off?". Still, we had no one who would have done better than Drew at that point and I was happy to see him get his personal mini-Superbowl. But I was also very glad when it was announced Brady had recovered enough to be the SB36 starter.

Oh yeah. The Lee Flowers hit on Brady's ankle was a total cheap shot. Par for the course for the Squeelers.

Drew started 4-for-4 and that TD and I remember thinking "Ok - we're gonna get this!". Then he went 7-for-21 in the second half, including two throws that were miraculously not intercepted (the one into an LB's breadbasket and the one where he threw it backwards over his head while being sacked) and it became "oh god, can the defense keep fending PIT off?". Still, we had no one who would have done better than Drew at that point and I was happy to see him get his personal mini-Superbowl. But I was also very glad when it was announced Brady had recovered enough to be the SB36 starter.

Bledsoe would've went out and tried to throw bombs left and right. With that Rams D being pretty darn good, you can bet they would've opened the flood gates on the Patriots. In otherwords, a SB 36 win doesn't happen with Bledsoe over Brady.

Joey Porter dropped the pick near the NE goal line. But my god that team would've been in trouble with Bledsoe playing the way he did, and a better QB than Kordell Stewart on the Steelers.

I always wonder how bittersweet that SB 36 win was for Bledsoe. Yeah you got a ring and shocked the world, but it was the backup who was largely responsible for what transpired.

Poor Ricky, also caught the tying TD for the Panthers in SB 38. He must harbor a Borges level hatred for the Patriots.

Funnily, the person who iced both his tying-TD's i.e. Adam Vinatieri with his last second FG's twice...was his teammate on his SB XLI victory. So he can't hate us thaaaaat much...

01: SB WIN
02: -
03: SB WIN
04: SB WIN
05: -
06: -
07: SB LOSS
08: -
09: -
10: -
11: SB LOSS
12: -
13: -
14: SB WIN
15: -
16: SB WIN
17: SB ?

It’s a perfect pattern... so it’s gotta be a win right?
My goodness. I knew about the 3 out of 4 pattern, but I never knew that whole pattern of the dynasty had been aligned this perfectly. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes