PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomase on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Bill Belichick's comments were obviously an indication that he's unsure of Tom Brady's status for 2009. Belichick made such transparent comments because he has no qualms discussing injuries or his plans regarding personnel. Belichick is known for such frankness. Tomase is spot on here.

:D:D:D I think BB should come out tomorrow at a press conference and set the record strait. "We are keeping Cassell next year with no exceptions" That way a team will defiantly offer up a boatload to get him. BB must have a business degree and aced the supply and demand course. 1/3 of the teams in the NFL could use a upgrade at QB and might make a play at Cassel and 6 teams (SF, TB, KC, Min, Chi and Det would all major players in trying to get Cassel. If it looks like we will be keeping him the price to get him will be high.....damn BB is behind it all.:D:D

John Tomase was just on the NEST with Felger. He thinks the reason Bill B. said "We look forward to working with Matt Cassel in 2009" is because Brady's season is in doubt....and that the Pats aren't going to trade Cassel. He thinks they tagged him, because they plan on keeping him for the upcoming season.

He went on to say that he is sticking with Currans story of a month ago regarding Brady being behind schedule

Can we believe anything that that Man says were is evidence and its unlikely that he has an inside source now:disagreement::disagreement:

Yes, Bill Belichick's comments were obviously an indication that he's unsure of Tom Brady's status for 2009. Belichick made such transparent comments because he has no qualms discussing injuries or his plans regarding personnel. Belichick is known for such frankness. Tomase is spot on here.

Come on give Tomase some credit. He knows Belichick can be disingenous. Belichick told him that in know certain terms that he never authorized nor was aware of anyone videotaping the Rams' walkthrough. Luckily for everyone (especially Tomase himself), Tomase saw through Belichick's ruse and ran with the story.

Could the Pats have a plan in place for a trade with another team for Matt but are holding off on the deal until a bonafide backup vet QB becomes available in FA and then they go after the vet and then do the deal??

I see no way O'Connell is the #2 backup thru camp unless a vet does not look too good ... I do think Cassel is gone LONG before camp arrives

Guys - ease up on the guy. I'm sure he has an anonymous source or overheard a casual conversation that lead him to print this story.

how is he a moron for stating his opinion. i dont get it. i think hes a moron for other things, but for giving an opinion that you dont agree with does not make the man a moron

I agree with you Billdog, I feel strongly that we will end up keeping Cassel at least one more year. I know that will not make me any more popular than you lately, but it's just my opinion--that's all. No dis-respect to anyone, I like you am a huge TFB fan, I just feel that everyone is jumping to conclusions in this instance. I think until we all see Tom on the field doing his thing, that keeping Cassel gives us a chance at such an important position. I think maybe next yr, if everything goes as planned, then we could unload Cassel for draft picks.

One important reason is this---what in the world are they going to do w/ all these draft picks this year? Isn't it pretty sure that we're going to have 5 picks already in the first 100 or so? (including ass ante comp.) Isn't that enough of a chance to 'rebuild' on defense? Our we really gonna even use all 5 of those picks even this year? Probably they will end up even trading one of those for another higher pick next yr, no?

Just saying, on a team where it's pretty hard to get a spot as it is--aren't we already pretty loaded with picks already this yr? Sometimes I think that possibly having the QB that really picked up the system would be better than trading for picks in the future. Is it a possibility that we could afford to keep both next yr, with an uncapped 2010? I don't know, but it's something I think about. With alot of injured players coming back, many of last yr's rookie class progressing even more, are we REALLY that far away from improving our D?

Once again, no disrespect. No arguing,etc--just something that crosses a mind now and then

Why does that moron still have a job? :eek:

Good to see the Pats Brady PR Plan is working hook, line and sinker ...,

Hillarious...

John Tomase was just on the NEST with Felger. He thinks the reason Bill B. said "We look forward to working with Matt Cassel in 2009" is because Brady's season is in doubt....and that the Pats aren't going to trade Cassel. He thinks they tagged him, because they plan on keeping him for the upcoming season.

He went on to say that he is sticking with Currans story of a month ago regarding Brady being behind schedule

Tomase is even dumber/naive than I thought he was unprofessional/unethical

He must have got the inside info from Matt Walsh who was caddying for Brady on the golf course.

BB has always played every decision close to the vest. Saying he will be working with Cassel in the 2009 season lets other teams know that if they want Cassel they'll need to be very serious and play by his terms. I think history shows them that BB will keep Cassel if it’s the best decision for the team.

BB has always played every decision close to the vest. Saying he will be working with Cassel in the 2009 season lets other teams know that if they want Cassel they'll need to be very serious and play by his terms. I think history shows them that BB will keep Cassel if it’s the best decision for the team.

BB saying he's looking forward to working with Cassel means absolutely nothing.

And you can take that to the bank. :cool:

Thank you to the OP for being dumb enough to post a Tomase information bit on these forums.

My God....will you Tom******* "in search of knowledge" Patriot fans just let this donut eating turd die on the Herald and not on this website.

You know what folks.... I just had a bowl of my infamous chilli for dinner. Some Hormel Hot'N'Spicy mixed with some jalepenos, onions, some extra Tobasco sauce, a little cheese and sour cream.

So why do I mention this?

Because the gas I pass smells much like whatever Tomase writes. In other words it stinks to holy high hell and back. So yeah..... that's how serious I take whatever this dumbledork tries to pass his "opinion" off as news.

Good, because now Curran is failing to stick to his own "story...regarding Brady being behind schedule." That's my man JT - always on the cutting edge...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand