PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's 2nd best year was LAST YEAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno....watched that one, too....the pats took a physical beating in that one...and needed a little help in the end to win it

Yeah, I'm not sure what part of that game took a physical toll on the Ravens. Neither our defense nor our offense was a beacon of physicality in that game. The Ravens were the team laying the wood, if memory serves me correctly.

Ok, you would have taken 09 Brady over 07 or 06 Brady? Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing here.

No, I must have misunderstood your question. I thought you were comparing him to other teams' quarterbacks from '09.

I measure a QB, or any player for that matter, by them doing or not doing what needs to be done when it needs to be done. I'll take a guy who produces mediocre numbers, doesn't make critical mistakes, and finds ways to win over a stat monster who fails when all you need him to do is hold on.

The fact that he's coming off of an injury is irrelevant, what he does on the field is all that matters, if 09 Brady isn't as good as a different Brady his performance isn't magically altered by taking into account that he was injured, whatever his performance is, it is what it is.

Brady wasn't a so-called "stat monster" last season, he was an efficient quarterback who performed well and led the team. I find the arguments against him, including yours, rather vague.

No, I must have misunderstood your question. I thought you were comparing him to other teams' quarterbacks from '09.

Brady wasn't a so-called "stat monster" last season, he was an efficient quarterback who performed well and led the team. I find the arguments against him, including yours, rather vague.

I'm actually not arguing against Brady, I'm arguing against getting to wrapped up in stats that only tell part of the story, a great pass tainted by receiver error is judged on par with an awful pass thrown right into the arms of the DB where the receiver isn't even close to the ball. Hugging certain stats might make someone feel good but I don't understand why they're doing that, especially when it flies in the face of common sense. No one who knows the Patriots would want 09 Brady as their 2nd choice, so why is there the need to point to those stats and proclaims it his 2nd best year?

Long story short I'm just against pounding Kool-Aid, I hope that makes sense.

Homers are so ridiculously dense

Some guy "while Brady had a good season statistically he didn't look entirely comfortable and made some questionable, almost unBrady like plays"

Homer "TOM BRADY IS THE BEST QB EVER, SO MUCH BETTER THAN SATAN MANNING (SEE HOW SATAN RHYMES WITH PEYTON) HE IS SO GOOD AND YOU WONT EVEN KNOW HOW GOOD UNTIL HE RETIRES AND YOU SEE HOW BAD WE ARE WITHOUT HIM. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIM EVER IT IS WHAT IT IS IN BB WE TRUST"

Nobody is saying he was bad last year. Just that pre-injury Brady probably would have done better

Last edited:
Homers are so ridiculously dense

Some guy "while Brady had a good season statistically he didn't look entirely comfortable and made some questionable, almost unBrady like plays"

Homer "TOM BRADY IS THE BEST QB EVER, SO MUCH BETTER THAN SATAN MANNING (SEE HOW SATAN RHYMES WITH PEYTON) HE IS SO GOOD AND YOU WONT EVEN KNOW HOW GOOD UNTIL HE RETIRES AND YOU SEE HOW BAD WE ARE WITHOUT HIM. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HIM EVER IT IS WHAT IT IS IN BB WE TRUST"

Nobody is saying he was bad last year. Just that pre-injury Brady probably would have done better

Considering that pre-injury Brady set all time single season marks at the quarterback position, that pretty much goes without saying.

Considering that pre-injury Brady set all time single season marks at the quarterback position, that pretty much goes without saying.

By Pre-injury I meant at any time during his career before 2008. Not just 2007

I have yet to post in this thread.

No it wasn't his 2nd best year. I said it.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Stats are for losers who think they can predict the future w/ numbers.:bricks:

Previous to this past season, how many winnable games in the fourth quarter can you recall in which Brady and the Pats did NOT pull out the victory?

For his entire career there were probably around 5. At Miami in 2004, at Washington in 2003, AFC Championship loss vs. Colts, and Super Bowl loss vs. Giants.

This season alone there were many....

at NY Jets
at Denver
at Miami
at Indy
at Houston

that, my friends, is NOT the 2nd best Tom Brady year

Don't put me in the category of "we should trade him". To insinuate that is just outrageous. I am in the boat that Tom Brady isn't as good as he used to be, but thinks he is still good enough to keep us among elite status.

Previous to this past season, how many winnable games in the fourth quarter can you recall in which Brady and the Pats did NOT pull out the victory?

For his entire career there were probably around 5. At Miami in 2004, at Washington in 2003, AFC Championship loss vs. Colts, and Super Bowl loss vs. Giants.

This season alone there were many....

at NY Jets
at Denver
at Miami
at Indy
at Houston

that, my friends, is NOT the 2nd best Tom Brady year

Don't put me in the category of "we should trade him". To insinuate that is just outrageous. I am in the boat that Tom Brady isn't as good as he used to be, but thinks he is still good enough to keep us among elite status.

Isn't that more of a team effort?

Isn't that more of a team effort?

Wouldn't the "team effort" line of reasoning also apply to when Brady did very well.

I'm sorry but you can't simultaneously exalt a player when he does well and then write off a failure as a bad "team effort".

Brady had over 4300 Yards, 28 TDs, and lead the team to winning the AFC East. Not bad for a guy who some say "can't play anymore."

let's just hope he plays better this year. If last year was supposedly his "second best year" then maybe we should trade him. I just want the clutch Brady back that doesn't make careless throws like he did all of last year.

Stats wise? Yes.

Decision making? No.

He'll have a better year this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe