PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady's 2nd best year was LAST YEAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty much the same things........is it a contest to see how many different records you can make out of TD passes?

Yeah, because throwing a lot of TDs and throwing very few INTs are totally the same thing. Having a 1.38% interception percentage is remarkable by any standard, and the fact that he maintained that while airing the ball out the way that he did is certifiably ridiculous.

Yeah, because throwing a lot of TDs and throwing very few INTs are totally the same thing. Having a 1.38% interception percentage is remarkable by any standard, and the fact that he maintained that while airing the ball out the way that he did is certifiably ridiculous.

only to those who depend so much on statistics for proof......

lobbing TD bombs when you're already up 35......that is pretty ridiculous

Last edited:
If only there was some type of lingering injury issue we could attach to last years effort - that would mitigate a less than HoF display.

As it stands we'll just have to accept that Tom is just about done as an NFL QB.

mncdoathsthumb.jpg

Are you not happy unless you're b!tching about something, tanked?

Are you not happy unless you're b!tching about something, tanked?

getting back to the point, last year WAS NOT brady's 2nd best year......the discussion got sidetracked by the statistical argument.....

it is amazing though how QB's 'best' year produces playoff/SB losses....the dolphins with marino, the pats with brady, the colts with manning......

getting back to the point, last year WAS NOT brady's 2nd best year......the discussion got sidetracked by the statistical argument.....

it is amazing though how QB's 'best' year produces playoff/SB losses....the dolphins with marino, the pats with brady, the colts with manning......

If not for one of the luckiest plays of all time (even Manning and Strahan admitted to that play essentially being a product of luck), the Pats take home the Super Bowl and an undefeated record that season.

QBs can have great years and not win the SB. They are exclusive from one another.

If not for one of the luckiest plays of all time (even Manning and Strahan admitted to that play essentially being a product of luck), the Pats take home the Super Bowl and an undefeated record that season.

what's the end result????

should have never gotten to that.......but the final result still stands.....

what's the end result????

should have never gotten to that.......but the final result still stands.....

You take credit away from the Giants defense, their level of talent, and how hard they played when you say that. The teams that gave the Pats trouble in that season were teams that could generate a pass rush using four or five guys. Look at the Colts game for an example of that. The Giants were probably the worst team we could possibly play in that game for that reason. I knew the weeks leading up to the game that it was going to be a tight one. Hell, all one needed to do in order to figure that out was to go back a month and take a look at how close that one was. To say that "it should have never gotten to that" is just assanine. The Giants had one of the best defenses in the league that year and had to run a God-like gauntlet just to get to the big game. Even then, the Pats went up and they needed a once in a lifetime miracle to win it. Or else, the Pats are 19-0.

Brady had an awesome year last year

The Jets suck and are no threat to win the division

The D is fine

We dont need another 1a-2 wr

Bank on Welker for TC or by mid season

Anything else? :rolleyes:

Brady had an awesome year last year

Statistically, he had a fine season. But anybody with eyes could clearly see that Brady was nowhere near the Brady of old last season. As I said before, he forced a lot of passes into double coverage and threw quite a few boneheaded picks. He'll be better in 2010, though.

The Jets suck and are no threat to win the division

They only advanced to the AFC Championship last season, haven't lost anybody of significance (or that can't be replaced) on the defensive side of the ball, have the division's best O-Line, and are returning a pretty good running game. I'd say that this statement is false all the way around.

The D is fine

The "D" needs a starting calibur DE, two OLB's, a CB, and maybe an ILB depending on what we have in McKenzie.

We dont need another 1a-2 wr

We need a WR3 and WR4 and that's even IF Welker returns Week 1 in full health, which is highly unlikely.

Bank on Welker for TC or by mid season

I'm hoping for midseason. TC is pretty unlikely given the severity of the injury. However, Wes is a workout warrior and if anybody could pull off that miracle, it would probably be him.

Anything else? :rolleyes:

Only that I hope you're being sarcastic with this post. :eek:

Last edited:
Statistically, he had a fine season. But anybody with eyes could clearly see that Brady was nowhere near the Brady of old last season. As I said before, he forced a lot of passes into double coverage and threw quite a few boneheaded picks. He'll be better in 2010, though.

They only advanced to the AFC Championship last season, haven't lost anybody of significance (or that can't be replaced) on the defensive side of the ball, have the division's best O-Line, and are returning a pretty good running game. I'd say that this statement is false all the way around.

The "D" needs a starting calibur DE, two OLB's, a CB, and maybe an ILB depending on what we have in McKenzie.

We need a WR3 and WR4 and that's even IF Welker returns Week 1 in full health, which is highly unlikely.

I'm hoping for midseason. TC is pretty unlikely given the severity of the injury. However, Wes is a workout warrior and if anybody could pull off that miracle, it would probably be him.

Only that I hope you're being sarcastic with this post. :eek:

I am.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back