PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: To Pre, or Not To Pre

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the reactions to how they played him after recovering from that lesser injury isn't comparable to the reaction to how they play him after recovering from the more major injury?

If he played last year, and got hurt in the last game, then sure. But he hasn't played in a long time, so it upsets the routine...

But his WR were uncharacteristically out of psynch with him. And this season unlike last he has new weapons to break in.

As for precedent, Brady has been injured at the end of almost every season, and undergone a couple of actual off season surgeries prior to this in season one, he's played (shoulder, ankle, elbow, sports hernia) and 2008 was the first time Belichick held him out and it didn't seem to have the desired effect...

Manning was positively ragged at the start of his 2008 season, and he was only held out of the Colts pre season because he continued to have swelling in his surgically repaired knee. If Brady isn't experiencing any setbacks in training camp, I fully expect to see him play in pre season unless injuries at other positions make that a risk not worth taking...

Thanks Mo, very well thought out and spot on in my opinion...

He'll definitely get some snaps to try to shake off that rust, or at least I would hope. If reports about his throwing recently are true, I don't see any reason why TFB wouldn't get at least a series or two in preseason games.

But his WR were uncharacteristically out of psynch with him. And this season unlike last he has new weapons to break in.

As for precedent, Brady has been injured at the end of almost every season he's played (shoulder, ankle, elbow, sports hernia) and undergone a couple of actual off season surgeries prior to this in season one, and 2008 was the first time Belichick held him out and it didn't seem to have the desired effect...

Manning was positively ragged at the start of his 2008 season, and he was only held out of the Colts pre season because he continued to have swelling in his surgically repaired knee. If Brady isn't experiencing any setbacks in training camp, I fully expect to see him play in pre season unless injuries at other positions make that a risk not worth taking...

I can't refute it, good points.

So if he didn't play, and didn't start... what is your option then?? KOC? Not yet.

doesnt matter who it is as long as brady isnt allowed to start. what kind of message would we be sending ? you can coast through pre season and start anyways? sorry doesnt work like that.

doesnt matter who it is as long as brady isnt allowed to start. what kind of message would we be sending ? you can coast through pre season and start anyways? sorry doesnt work like that.

What? I really don't understand this.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore