PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady reaffirms plan to play beyond 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBB isn't mad that I said "season's over." He's mad because I theorized that the majority of homers are only homers because they're also front runners/bandwagon fans.
I would say I am equal parts mad at your lame theory and embarrassed/confused as to how someone who follows the team as closely as you have for decades can have such a low opinion of TBs and BBs chances.

If you don't view this team through that lens then you haven't been paying attention for the last 20 years.

You can disagree with my opinion of heavy favorite if you want but based on the bolded why in the world would you think TB and BB have little or no shot as Kontra does?

We have a bye and get to face what you defined as a field with no heavy favorites seems to me like even you think we have a way better shot than Kontra thinks we do.

My question marks don't surround getting knocked out of the divisional round or even the AFCCG (though I do worry about them on the road, as they have a losing road record). I just don't think they're going to be able to make it through the Super Bowl without all the issues that I've listed getting taken complete advantage of. I've posted as much recently. But, again, you're not even 100% sure that they will win the Super Bowl either ("maybe they'll fall a game or two short" being the operative terminology here). So you've effectively quit on the team as well if we're using doubt in the team's chances to hoist the Lombardi to define "quitting." But we both know it's not about that. We both know it's about how I broke down homers. And we both know why you had a problem with that. Your first sentence here is an excellent indicator. But keep going by all means, though. You keep proving my OP right.

I would say I am equal parts mad at your lame theory and embarrassed/confused as to how someone who follows the team as closely as you have for decades and have such a low opinion of TBs and BBs chances.

Those two are the reason I have them advancing to the AFCCG. The team outside of those two are why I don't have them lifting Lombardi #6 up at the end of the season.

In other words the fact that in both cases neither team holds up the trophy, does not make them equal.

Of course not. The only one trying to make that equivalence was SBB. It was a red herring in response to getting his ass kicked up and down two threads now.

Those two are the reason I have them advancing to the AFCCG. The team outside of those two are why I don't have them lifting Lombardi #6 up at the end of the season.
By season over I took that to mean you didn't think they would/could even win a playoff game. I don't think teams whose seasons are over win playoff games. So I'm glad you finally concede I was right.

By season over I took that to mean you didn't think they would/could even win a playoff game. I don't think teams whose seasons are over win playoff games. So I'm glad you finally concede I was right.

When did the goal for this team become winning a playoff game? With the way you're pumping up BB and Brady around here, one would think that the goal for a successful season is a Lombardi. If they aren't hoisting one of those, the season isn't successful. Since I don't think they will, the season is over. I smell the goal posts beginning to move a bit. By the way, what was that you were saying about trolling the other day?

Of course not. The only one trying to make that equivalence was SBB. It was a red herring in response to getting his ass kicked up and down two threads now.
I never made that equivalence. All I said was it was sad your opinion of this team was so close to that of fans opinion of the 92 team "season over".

I never made that equivalence. All I said was it was sad your opinion of this team was so close to that of fans opinion of the 92 team "season over".

Sure you did. You equated the two teams by talking about the chances I'm giving the 2018 Patriots and made a direct comparison to the '92 team. It was both a false equivalence and a red herring. Your words...

You write lots of words and like to say that you own people but it doesn't change the fact you think this team has the same chance as the 92 team.

That's equating the two teams. Honestly, and I'll give you this advice again, but you should just either bow out of this or put me on ignore. You're not looking good at all here. Every subsequent, desperate response to try to score a point continues to prove my OP in the Gordon thread right.

When did the goal for this team become winning a playoff game? With the way you're pumping up BB and Brady around here, one would think that the goal for a successful season is a Lombardi. If they aren't hoisting one of those, the season isn't successful. Since I don't think they will, the season is over. I smell the goal posts beginning to move a bit. By the way, what was that you were saying about trolling the other day?
Your smelling your own goal posts moving from season over to AFC championship game.
And I'm not the one trolling here I tried to let the other thread die someone else referenced your opinion from that threas and you decided then to declare your own knockout.

Your smelling your own goal posts moving from season over to AFC championship game.
And I'm not the one trolling here I tried to let the other thread die someone else referenced your opinion from that threas and you decided then to declare your own knockout.

I'm not the only one declaring it. You've had multiple third party posters now telling you how silly you're looking.

Yes or no: the goal of the New England Patriots in a season where they are coached by Bill Belichick and quarterbacked by Tom Brady is to win the Super Bowl?

And they're nowhere near as good as people make them out to be either. The Giants had the task of going up against a team with the second worst pass defense of all time (to that point) in the Super Bowl. The Patriots, if they even get there, will be playing a much more complete team.

That was with an offense that was firing on all cylinders. This year's offense, without Gordon, is a pop gun.

Well, Bridgewater is starting for the Saints on Sunday. I could see Brees rusty in the NFC divisional against the Eagles or Seahawks.

Well, Bridgewater is starting for the Saints on Sunday. I could see Brees rusty in the NFC divisional against the Eagles or Seahawks.

That's a smart move for the Saints. They have literally nothing to gain by playing Brees.

Sure you did. You equated the two teams by talking about the chances I'm giving the 2018 Patriots and made a direct comparison to the '92 team. It was both a false equivalence and a red herring. Your words...

That's equating the two teams. Honestly, and I'll give you this advice again, but you should just either bow out of this or put me on ignore. You're not looking good at all here. Every subsequent, desperate response to try to score a point continues to prove my OP in the Gordon thread right.
Yup exactly, that is not me comparing the 2 teams at all. I am comparing your opinion of this team to that of people's opinion to the 92 team.

Yup exactly, that is not me comparing the 2 teams at all. I am comparing your opinion of this team to that of people's opinion to the 92 team.

Which is, in effect, an equivalence of the two teams. It's a shoddy red herring tossed out there because the example blew a cannonball-sized hole in your definition of the word "quit." Any more pearls of wisdom?

That's a smart move for the Saints. They have literally nothing to gain by playing Brees.

I would definitely put in Brees for at least a quarter. We’ve seen really good QBs struggle in the playoffs after sitting on the sidelines in week 17.

I would definitely put in Brees for at least a quarter. We’ve seen really good QBs struggle in the playoffs after sitting on the sidelines in week 17.

Correlation =/= causation. We've also seen QBs come in and light it up in Week 1 after having a couple of weeks off between the end of the preseason and the beginning of the regular season. You put Brees out there and he gets injured in a game where the team literally has nothing to gain or lose, and you can kiss your Super Bowl hopes goodbye.

Which is, in effect, an equivalence of the two teams. It's a shoddy red herring tossed out there because the example blew a cannonball-sized hole in your definition of the word "quit." Any more pearls of wisdom?
The only equivalence to 92 is that you have quit on this team like we would have in 92.
You keep talking about the definition of quit like stating the season is over is not the very definition of quitting.

In Brees' last 4 games he has a 84 Qb rating with only 3 TDs and the offense is averaging only 20ppg. Those are cliff-worthy numbers.

Unless hes hurt, he needs to play. He needs to find his groove

The only equivalence to 92 is that you have quit on this team like we would have in 92.
You keep talking about the definition of quit like stating the season is over is not the very definition of quitting.

Except that's not quitting. This has been pointed out to you time and time and time and time and time and time again. Doubt in a team's chances to win the Super Bowl is not quitting. Outright ceasing to follow a team and/or rooting for a new team is quitting on the team. Once again, if having doubt in a team's chances of winning the Super Bowl means quitting on the team, the following entire fan bases have quit on their teams just this year:
  • Jets
  • Dolphins
  • Bills
  • Browns
  • Bengals
  • Texans
  • Titans
  • Raiders
  • Broncos
  • Packers
  • Lions
  • Giants
  • Eagles
  • Redskins
  • Bucs
  • Panthers
  • Falcons
  • 49ers
  • Cardinals
And that's not even mentioning the teams the Patriots have fielded over the years where this very fan base expressed similar doubts. Your definition was either a load of crap or you quit on the team this year and many other pre-BB years (including 2000 and 2001 more than likely in the BB era). Those are the only two possibilities. Now, given your responses since I've pointed that out, I'm more than aware that you know your definition of the word was crap. The reason you're continuing on this path whilst getting your head handed to you on a silver platter now appears to be related to being butthurt over how I described homers. And there's only one reason why I think you would be so butthurt over that...

In Brees' last 4 games he has a 84 Qb rating with only 3 TDs and the offense is averaging only 20ppg. Those are cliff-worthy numbers.

Unless hes hurt, he needs to play. He needs to find his groove

The 2011 Packers were 15-1 until McCarthy decided to rest his starters in week 17...one of the dumbest coaching moves in team history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe