PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO tried to commit suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his body language and his demeanor, it's clear TO has serious depression issues. He kind of reminds me of Dennis Rodman - flamboyant in games, but extremely quiet, shy, and insecure in real life (from what I've read).

His story doesn't make any sense. Why separate his pills and put them in the drawer? If he only took 3 pills like he claimed, how come he was so out of it and unresponsive? When the paramedics came, why did he say 'yes, I was trying to harm myself'? Also, police officers and paramedics are required by law to tell the truth and report what was said - TO's publicist lied when she denied the statements she told the officers and medical people.

After this, he comes off as a more sympathetic character. We all know his agent is a shark, but now it looks like his publicist is pure evil as well. 'TO has 25 million reasons to live', I mean who says that? They know he loses his money if he admits he attempted suicide, so they are now trying to do spin and get their dough.

Last edited:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

the whole thing with his "publicist" is really really really weird.

Scroll down and read what they say about her. I'm honestly lost by this whole thing.

I don't know why but something about this whole situation is really f-ing creepy.

who knows.

I do just think she's his temp. girl friend or whore or whatever.

You know, it just occurred to me this morning that getting one's stomach pumped and inducing vomiting ARE two different things. Profootballtalk points that out as well.

They also made note of how weird it is that he should seem so happy at the press conference when this media firestorm has begun and basically the whole country now thinks he attempted to kill himself. I mean, wouldn't you be at least a little angry? I don't think he CAN act angry and hostile. I think contractually, that would have been a disaster. Because his behavior was not right. It was TOO normal.

I also did not know about his fiance and 7 year old son. That is very interesting as well. And as for his creepy "publicist"? Hope she doesn't expect to get any more clients out of this incident.

Bella*chick said:
You know, it just occurred to me this morning that getting one's stomach pumped and inducing vomiting ARE two different things. Profootballtalk points that out as well.

They also made note of how weird it is that he should seem so happy at the press conference when this media firestorm has begun and basically the whole country now thinks he attempted to kill himself. I mean, wouldn't you be at least a little angry? I don't think he CAN act angry and hostile. I think contractually, that would have been a disaster. Because his behavior was not right. It was TOO normal.

I also did not know about his fiance and 7 year old son. That is very interesting as well. And as for his creepy "publicist"? Hope she doesn't expect to get any more clients out of this incident.

Good points. And what's more, why the hell does T.O. need a "publicist" anyway? He's a football player, not an actor ... Wait a minute.

Keegs said:
AStack75 said:
T.O.'s claims of being almost comatose after taking 3 pills is crazy. I have friends who do that on a Friday night for fun. They don't have the body that T.O. has either. I'm just not buying what T.O. said at his press conference.
I know guys that drink and take 3 or 4 of them, while getting hammered. It messes you up.

I don't believe that b.s. he told us either. Especially with that body, and the fact that i'm pretty sure he has taken pain pills in the past.
However, what is totally plausible (not saying it's true, but..) is his claim that a few too many vicodins reacted with a 'supplement' to make him incoherent and groggy. Totally possible, there are numerous legal supplements that have a direct impact on training and recovery for atheletes, which can make a few hydros and a beer knock you into next week. One of them which kickstarts a natural spike in HGH (Human Growth Hormone) is pretty damn sedative, especially mixed with alcohol (I haven't tried mixing it with vicodin, no thank you).

Tunescribe said:
Good points. And what's more, why the hell does T.O. need a "publicist" anyway? He's a football player, not an actor ... Wait a minute.

Yeah, that's another thing. Does any other athlete have a publicist? I can't think of one. Although, TO's publicist is absolutely awful if that is indeed her job...perhaps we should use the term loosely.

Bella*chick said:
Yeah, that's another thing. Does any other athlete have a publicist? I can't think of one. Although, TO's publicist is absolutely awful if that is indeed her job...perhaps we should use the term loosely.

The publicist stuff is bizarre. What team would want or allow individual players to have their own publicity machines? I could see him having a personal secretary to manage a web site and side ventures, etc. But this whole shebang just makes him out to be an autonomous individual seeking to make his mark outside of football. Maybe he wanted to pump up his book sales? To call this "fishy" doesn't even begin to describe what's going on. And I can't get over her quote about him having "25 million reasons" not to kill himself -- as if his personal welfare, child, family, and team were way down the list. THEN, you get moronic apologists like Deion Sanders stepping in to blame the media for allegedly twisting T.O.'s insanity into something it's not, DESPITE a police report to the contrary. What utter lunacy, all of it. I hope Jerry Jones is kicking himself -- hard.

Tunescribe said:
The publicist stuff is bizarre. What team would want or allow individual players to have their own publicity machines? I could see him having a personal secretary to manage a web site and side ventures, etc. But this whole shebang just makes him out to be an autonomous individual seeking to make his mark outside of football. Maybe he wanted to pump up his book sales? To call this "fishy" doesn't even begin to describe what's going on. And I can't get over her quote about him having "25 million reasons" not to kill himself -- as if his personal welfare, child, family, and team were way down the list. THEN, you get moronic apologists like Deion Sanders stepping in to blame the media for allegedly twisting T.O.'s insanity into something it's not, DESPITE a police report to the contrary. What utter lunacy, all of it. I hope Jerry Jones is kicking himself -- hard.
Neon Deion said that he thought the Lietenant police officer dude giving the interview was HAPPY or GLAD when he was reporting the whole thing in that interview.

What a crock of b.s. He had no emotion whatsoever, like most cop interviews.

Deion was awesome but he is such a jagoff.

scout said:
Thanks for your post FBN. Puts things into perspective. Mike Wallace of 60 minutes also suffered from depression and had thoughts of suicide. I never cared for TO, but have the compassion of a human being to feel sorry for him, as I would for anyone who suffered from any sort of illness.

Seconded. It was a really good post by FBN. I suggest that we stay clear of diagnosis of TO's problems. Anyone who has had personal experience of mental health issues, or who has worked in the field, will know that there is a wide range of possible diagnoses. Speculating on an overdose without a LOT of context is practically useless.

Keegs said:
Neon Deion said that he thought the Lietenant police officer dude giving the interview was HAPPY or GLAD when he was reporting the whole thing in that interview.

What a crock of b.s. He had no emotion whatsoever, like most cop interviews.

Deion was awesome but he is such a jagoff.

deion is totally just covering his bud's behind - standard mo when trouble hits.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
However, what is totally plausible (not saying it's true, but..) is his claim that a few too many vicodins reacted with a 'supplement' to make him incoherent and groggy. Totally possible, there are numerous legal supplements that have a direct impact on training and recovery for atheletes, which can make a few hydros and a beer knock you into next week. One of them which kickstarts a natural spike in HGH (Human Growth Hormone) is pretty damn sedative, especially mixed with alcohol (I haven't tried mixing it with vicodin, no thank you).

T-Shirt - I hear what your saying - that you are looking at the fact that we can't be sure what effects some mixing of drugs may or may not have had.

but to me, just looking at the whole sequences of events and their reactions and stories, I don't think you have to be a rocket scientist to see right through all the bs, and see it for what it is. total spin control. and a bad job of it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News