PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sinista Thoughts - Wrestlemania 29!

Sinista1

Rookie
Reaction score
This year’s Wrestlemania has been the most anticipated ever, and even after suffering two real life high profile incidents with two of their major stars the cards are still stacked in their favor for success tonight.

Wade Barrett vs. The Miz

Wade Barrett has the title, but the crowd LOVES the Miz, the Miz is making movies, and Ric Flair passed the torch last year for him to use the Figure 4 as his finisher… I am looking for Wade to tap tonight, and Miz to become champion.

8 Person Mixed Tag Match - Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)

This should be a fun match to watch, but after seeing the Funkadactyls show off their ring skills over the past few months I believe these ladies will steal the show from their male counterparts tonight, and secure the win for their team over a pin of the Bella Twins.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango

I can’t remember the last time there was a wrestler that got such a push leading into a Wrestlemania, and had yet to wrestle one match… Newcomer Fandango has been getting promos since last year, and he has been at various WWE events but has yet to wrestle a match. I am expecting a lot from this guy, and getting Chris Jericho shows at WM for his first bout tells me that they have a lot of promise in this young guy who did nail Y2J with a very impressive legdrop from the corner post just last week. I like this guy, and I am expecting him to win tonight over Jericho because I can’t see the WWE wasting weeks of promotion, and build up for this guy to lose in his debut on the biggest stage. I also expect Fandango to end up on DWTS in the near future… It has to happen, and it will be great ratings for both, and could be built into his WWE storyilne especially where DWTS has already had Chris Jericho and some other WWE stars on the show… See the connection?

Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee)

I must admit… Team Hell No has grown on me, but so hasn’t the team of Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston. Dolph reminds me so much of Sid Vicious every time I watch him I wait for that psycho side to come out. Big E has been a powerhouse and rightfully so, the guy is a powerlifter, and hopefully he can stay healthy for what could be a successful ring career. AJ has been having her usual crazy issues, and we may very well see her flop back over to Daniel Bryan tonight. This defection, and coupled with a loss to Team Hell No would enrage Dopph, and maybe, just maybe have him cash in the “Money on the Bank” since he has held that briefcase for what seems almost as long as CM Punk held the title. I’m looking for Team Hell No to get the win, and Daniel Bryan to get the girl.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry

Will the ring be able to contain these two? These are two of the biggest men in the WWE right now this match, and I want to see who will slam who tonight. I think to get the best response from this crowd both guys must attempt and succeed with being able to slam each other. This is the hardest match for me to decide on…

Ryback is such a crowd favorite right now, and Henry has been paying dues for so long he deserves a push… I have to go with Ryback though… He is such a crowd favorite, and his merchandise sales are rocking.

Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)

With the last match being the hardest to pick, this was the easiest for ,me to pick… The Shield in their last PPV outing they clearly dominated the masses, and owned the night. I can’t see them doing the same tonight. I expect them to get taken down a notch with a loss so they can be involved with the CM Punk/Undertaker match… I will explain this later.

Rumor Alert – I don’t agree with this, but there is a rumor that the Shield is going to be come a 4 Man unit tonight if they win, and Randy Orton is the 4th man. Do what you want with that rumor, but I don’t see it happening.

Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Triple H (w/ Shawn Michaels)

Lesnar is here to stay and possibly go for that WM streak in the near future… I don’t care that Triple H will have Shawn Michaels in his corner, but I would love to see the New Age Outlaws involved in this in some way with the other two members of DX. Let’s face the truth… Triple H is married to Stephanie McMahon, and Vince is slowly phasing himself out of the forefront for him to take over, and to be honest, he is going to be great at it, but in order to do that, he can’t wrestle full time. I’m looking for a brawl, the sledgehammer, and the usual Triple H beat down on Lesnar for part of the match, but in the end Lesnar is getting the win so he can get his big push.

Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) vs. Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter)

Many years ago the roles would be reversed, and we would all be chanting USA, USA, USA for Jack Swagger, but times have changed, our country is much more diverse, and people LOVE Del Rio… his is this generations’ Tito Santana and Tito had a very good reign in the WWE. I also can’t see Jack Swagger being “awarded” for bad behavior… Just moths ago Swagger was charged with a DUI and possession of marijuana in Biloxi. Just weeks after his return, and days after winning the match that gave him the title shot at Wrestlemania. i can’t see him winning this match, but I do see him breaking the “brainwashing” of Zeb Colter. Look for Alberto Del Rio to get the win, and Ricardo to get some revenge on Zeb with possible help from Swagger himself.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman)

The WWE was able to turn a real life tragedy into a storyline monster! CM Punk had lost, and lost big, but turned his sights on the “Streak”,the undefeated streak of The Undertaker whom we all knew would be back when Triple H hinted at it during the Slammy’s last year. The WWE began to sell the story, and interest began to build, but to some it was a slow pace, and for me I was wondering if the story line of CM Punk who has had all of these recent ring failures would be able bounce back against, and be able to add to the PPV buy rate. Then tragedy stuck…

Longtime manager to the Undertaker Bill Moody AKA Paul Bearer suddenly passed away, and with the respects of the family and their blessing the WWE was given the go ahead to work his death into the storyline which sent the interest for this match into the stratosphere with people tuning into to Raw every week. It began with Kane taking on CM Punk during Raw, and after finishing off CM Punk the Undertaker came out to honor Paul Bearer and pay tribute. At that point CM Punk steals the cherished urn that Paul Bearer carried to the ring before every match, and beat Kane with it till the Undertaker rushed to the ring. Every week the antics of CM Punk became OMG moments, and are still being debated across all avenues of talk and communication. Last week at the final Raw before WM the Undertaker was interrupted during his shoot by the Druids that usually lead him to the ring, but this time the Druids led Manager Paul Heyman to the ring who was dressed up like Paul Bearer, and even mimicked his voice drawing a reign of boos and disgust from the crowd, and to make matters worse one of the Druids ended up being CM Punk who attacked the Undertaker, beat him with the urn, and poured the ashes out to what was some of the loudest boos I have heard in a long time… There is no way I can see any booker ending the streak tonight. The only way this streak ends is if the Undertaker wants it to end, and I cant speak for him, but I think he likes his once a year gig, and I don;t think it is going anywhere soon… I am looking for the Undertaker to win this bout, but not without one more final Paul Bearer puzzle piece to add… Paul Bearer was manager to the Undertake, Kane, and also Mankind…

Mick Foley was inducted into the WWE HOF, and what would be the best thing to happen at WM tonight in front of his hometown crowd, and a place where he is shown on the screen at Jets’ games to HUGE pops? I would love to see the Shield finally align themselves with CM Punk, and interfere with this match which would bring Kane, Mankind and Daniel Bryan to the ring so the Undertaker can finish off CM Punk. I would love for Mankind to bless us with a goodbye in that fashion.

I’m for Undertaker with the win setting up his match with Lesnar for next year’s WM.

The Rock vs. John Cena

I still can’t believe that the WWE is putting on a rematch for this year’s WM. But I think all of the Rock fans are in reality delusion… The Rock is great, and no one can work the mike like he can, but you can’t have a champion who is making 6 – 7 movies a year (“GI Joe”, “Fast 6″ and “Pain and Gain” to name a few), and these aren’t direct to DVD movies these are major distribution movies with worldwide promotion. You can’t hold the belt with that demand… Cena can rightfully hold, sell, and promote the belt, but here is the catch… He has to go heel.

Every good wrestler has gotten to that point in their career, that point where the fans have been fed so much of your character they get tired, they get bored, and they start to turn… The Rock has been there, Hogan was there, an so many other greats. There comes a time where the fans are going to have to hate you, and that is where Cena is right now. Cena is at a career crossroad, and it’s time to change. If he truly wants to become the next Rock he has to do things in the ring that we have never seen, and we have to see a Cena that no one is used to, and that would be a ****y, overbearing arrogant show-off who can steal the belt from the Rock, and have an entire stadium turn against him.

I’m looking for Cena to turn tonight, and I’m looking for the Rock to go take care of Hollywood… History will be made at Wrestlemania tonight in a surprising way.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back