PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO tried to commit suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope to lives till he is 1000.

that would be super dooper

T.O. is having a live press conference right now. He's already denied taking 35 pills & having his stomach pumped.

Interesting take on the TO soap opera. John Thompson (radio show) remarked earlier that he believed that TO would categorically deny any suicide attempt due to contractual reasons! It falls under the clause of harm detrimental to oneself (ie. riding motorcycles etc.) . He also commented that he believed the press conference was postponed so the publicist and TO could get their stories straight.

He thinks TO need serious help, but his agent and publicist are more interested in the money than TO's well being.

I just heard part of the PC and it was terrible. TO actually came off sounding great and sincere (who knows if it's the truth or not, but sounded good) while his publicist (Kim something--who was with him and called 911 last night) sounded like a person trying to cover tracks. She really sounded terrible like she was caught in a lie and trying to get out of it. Anyway she came off like crap and then said a dumb thing as she left. Something like: Terrell has 25million reasons to not committ suicide!:rolleyes: Thanks for making it clear he's your paycheck!

Interesting quote from the publicist--

"He's got 25 million reasons not to.."

It just struck me as kind of materialistic.

I agree. The publicist actually got up and left abruptly, but that "25 million" quip stood out. Confirms the suspicion that it's all about the money with TO (and his entrourage).

My goodness, the publicist came off really badly, didn't she?

TO actually sounded....chipper?

I don't know what to believe anymore. The only thing I can say for certain is that this must be a heck of a distraction for the Dallas Cowboys.

One statement that TO just said that pops out at me was on the empty bottle. He said that he'd separated the pills and that all the rest of them "were in a drawer" annnn...ding, ding!(wrong answer buzzer) Who the hel puts their pills in a drawer!!!! Then his pub mouth piece comes on and categorically denies the Dallas Police report that she said that TO was depressed and that she'd taken pills out of his mouth! She then ended her part by saying "TO has 25 Million reasons to be here"! Man, TO needs help in many areas I guess!
I'm sure we'll be hearing more than we want to about this for the next few weeks.

I hate Keith Olberman WITH A PASSION but he had a good line on the radio today saying, something like, Owens has been downgraded from Doubtful to Suicidal for the week. I probably worded it wrong.

Sorry if that offends anyone :rolleyes:

PatsChick87 said:
One statement that TO just said that pops out at me was on the empty bottle. He said that he'd separated the pills and that all the rest of them "were in a drawer" annnn...ding, ding!(wrong answer buzzer) Who the hel puts their pills in a drawer!!!! Then his pub mouth piece comes on and categorically denies the Dallas Police report that she said that TO was depressed and that she'd taken pills out of his mouth! She then ended her part by saying "TO has 25 Million reasons to be here"! Man, TO needs help in many areas I guess!
I'm sure we'll be hearing more than we want to about this for the next few weeks.

You know, you're right, that IS weird...who the heck separates their pills and puts them in a drawer? That doesn't make too much sense.

But then, it IS TO....

BelichickFan said:
I hate Keith Olberman WITH A PASSION but he had a good line on the radio today saying, something like, Owens has been downgraded from Doubtful to Suicidal for the week. I probably worded it wrong.

Sorry if that offends anyone :rolleyes:

Suicide is one of those things that just can't be joked about.

I had a relative who was so depressed he tried to kill himself by taking 200 aspirin. Luckilly after he took the first two he felt better! ;)

Last edited:
What a stupid circus. Now it's all the media's fault, T.O. was misunderstood, his frantic publicist was misquoted blah, blah, blah. Deion Sanders goes on the NFL Network to say T.O. is fine and never tried to kill himself, that it's all blown out of proportion. Blah, blah, blah. You know, it wouldn't surprise me that because T.O.'s mouth is so big, those pills actually did fall in by mistake.

Tunescribe said:
What a stupid circus. Now it's all the media's fault, T.O. was misunderstood, his frantic publicist was misquoted blah, blah, blah. Deion Sanders goes on the NFL Network to say T.O. is fine and never tried to kill himself, that it's all blown out of proportion. Blah, blah, blah. You know, it wouldn't surprise me that because T.O.'s mouth is so big, those pills actually did fall in by mistake.

This roving circus played itself out of SF, Philly and now it has to be driving Parcells nutty in Dallas. We don't know the demons that someone else has to battle but me thinks that T.O.'s entourage (agent, publicist) aren't really doing him any favors if it truly was a suicide attempt by covering it up and pretending it didn't happen so they don't lose their spot on the gravy train (i.e. if his contract is voided by conduct detrimental). Hopefully, if it was an attempt, he's got somebody there who isn't just an enabler.
My instincts tell me that this show is a long, long way from being over......
Just my $0.02,

Last edited:
bipolar is certainly a b i t c h...

no doubt about it.

he brings alot of turmoil onto himself... but... having this disease can bring the mightiest to their knees.

You know, when he went to Philly, things were relatively quiet at first and all was well....I kind of thought he might behave himself in Dallas at least at first. I guess no one should be surprised anymore, but it actually HAS surprised me a little that it has been one thing after another with this guy since he has been a Cowboy.

Poor Parcells will RUN into retirement after this season.

FBN -- thanks for sharing and being real.

TO is a human being, although an immature and misguided one.

Anyone who might attempt to take their own life is obviously suffering very very deeply. It's good to be compassionate, especially to people who are generally odious like TO.

Work out that compassion muscle, people.

Just another scene for the movie that is sure to be "Made For Television".

Ya think??

Not insencitive just being realistic.

My own thoughts are that his skills are in remission and to be in the spotlight

anything goes. As that TV program(?) would say "You Make the Call".

Btw every one has been accepting TO's skills as the norm, but not too many

have been talking about his age and declining skills, which of this date are

becoming more apparent, ya think.?? jmo

T.O.'s claims of being almost comatose after taking 3 pills is crazy. I have friends who do that on a Friday night for fun. They don't have the body that T.O. has either. I'm just not buying what T.O. said at his press conference.

I was looking on profootballtalk and they said how it was a little fishy how T.O. was calm and "happy" considering the police department had just fabricated a story about him swallowing 35 pills and trying to kill himself (or so he claims).

Knowing how T.O. is, you would think he would have commented on the police, or at least expressed some anger for them making up a story and him and his family having to go through that.

PFT also said that T.O. and his fiancee just recently called off their engagement.

I think he tried to kill himself, was caught, then realized he won't get his money unless he lies.

I'm tired of the garbage about him "looking normal" or going out and catching passes. This is a huge deal. The day after that happens, if you get your stomach pumped or they induce vomiting I fully believe that you coudl make yourself go out and catch passes in an effort to make yourself look o.k. HE HAS TO

the only thing that makes no sense his why they released him so soon after the whole thing... Does anyone know anything about the required time a person threatening and trying to commit suicide has to stay at the hospital?

AStack75 said:
T.O.'s claims of being almost comatose after taking 3 pills is crazy. I have friends who do that on a Friday night for fun. They don't have the body that T.O. has either. I'm just not buying what T.O. said at his press conference.
I know guys that drink and take 3 or 4 of them, while getting hammered. It messes you up.

I don't believe that b.s. he told us either. Especially with that body, and the fact that i'm pretty sure he has taken pain pills in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft