PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO to Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no dog in this fight, but Andy answered the question in post #23. Just because he went on to elaborate doesn't mean he didn't.
He offered qualifiers for reasoning not answers. There's a difference.

Honestly, I think this could be a great move for the Colts assuming TO isn't done from the torn ACL. After Wayne, they don't have a whole lot of talent at WR, and as of last year Owens could still play.

He offered qualifiers for reasoning not answers. There's a difference.

He offered answers with his reasoning behind them.

You, on the other hand, kept changing the question. First it was who was better (subjective), than it was who had better production (he'd already addressed why going by straight numbers can be misleading, and I agree), then it was who played at a higher level (subjective again).

He offered answers with his reasoning behind them.

You, on the other hand, kept changing the question. First it was who was better (subjective), than it was who had better production (he'd already addressed why going by straight numbers can be misleading, and I agree), then it was who played at a higher level (subjective again).
I think you'll find my position consistent from the outset. Simple question simple answer. All three derivatives are the exact same question.

Making a comment that "was better when playing" is not a sufficient answer. You don't produce from the sidelines.

Feel free to address the questions yourself then. No bull****, no fluff, direct comparative answer.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think this could be a great move for the Colts assuming TO isn't done from the torn ACL. After Wayne, they don't have a whole lot of talent at WR, and as of last year Owens could still play.

It would be interesting to see TO in a situation where he couldn't get away with throwing his QB under the bus, too.

you actually think Owens wouldn't throw Manning under the bus too?

he's nuts...same stimulus produces the same result every time with a guy like him...if the Colts bring him in it's with complete knowledge of what they're dealing with.

I think you'll find my position consistent from the outset. Simple question simple answer. All three derivatives are the exact same question.

Making a comment that "was better when playing" is not a sufficient answer. You don't produce from the sidelines.

Feel free to address the questions yourself then. No bull****, no fluff, direct comparative answer.

Please don't mistake me for someone you can goad into a protracted argument in which you'll only accept your answer. I'd never lose an argument if I could force people to answer strictly yes/no. Yes/no only works with statements of fact. "Did X have better stats than Y?" is a yes/no question. In a subjective argument, people confident in their position still allow for answers with reasoning.

Your position wasn't consistent. It's neither a simple question nor a simple answer. You ignored answers when they were offered because they didn't follow the format that you apparently laid out in your syllabus. And then you got all petulant and ad hominemy, to boot.

I just don't care to engage you further, and I'm going to bed.

No bull****.

Please don't mistake me for someone you can goad into a protracted argument in which you'll only accept your answer. I'd never lose an argument if I could force people to answer strictly yes/no. Yes/no only works with statements of fact. "Did X have better stats than Y?" is a yes/no question. In a subjective argument, people confident in their position still allow for answers with reasoning.

Your position wasn't consistent. It's neither a simple question nor a simple answer. You ignored answers when they were offered because they didn't follow the format that you apparently laid out in your syllabus. And then you got all petulant and ad hominemy, to boot.

I just don't care to engage you further, and I'm going to bed.

No bull****.
Someone else who wishes to side step the issue rather than address a direct question. The list of gutless wonders continues to grow.

To directly answer the question Ausbacker Wayne was the only Colts receiver that was better than T.O last year. Collie could be argued but he was injured and didn't play so the answer to was he better is no since as you said you can't produce from the sidelines.

P.S. he did that with Palmer (a bad QB) and they had Manning ( a great QB) so also factoring that in it's not even debatable.

Last edited:
To directly answer the question Ausbacker Wayne was the only Colts receiver that was better than T.O last year. Collie could be argued but he was injured and didn't play so the answer to was he better is no since as you said you can't produce from the sidelines.

P.S. he did that with Palmer (a bad QB) and they had Manning ( a great QB) so also factoring that in it's not even debatable.
Thank you wpdougie2180.

Now the discussion about the roles of the players, their systems and level of QB play, injuries or whatever else that could be used as a metric for measuring receiver quality of play can be introduced.

There is always a simple answer to a question. When opinion is applied, that's where convoluted discussion arise (as clearly demonstrated in this thread).

Thanks for a forthright answer.

Checked back into this thread to see if the BS twitter had been thoroughly debunked or not and all that had been added to it since last night was an insult laden semantic debate of TO's value. If ausbacker were a child and Ian were his parent he'd be in line for a time out, not only for the namecalling directed at a mod of all people but for attempting to impersonate another poster.... :bricks:

I don't think Manning has ever had that kind of physically gifted receiver. He's always has those speed guys. TO is a different beast. I think it can work for both sides.

I just have a tough time imagining TO trying tell Manning he is open like he did with other quarterbacks. It is one of those things that looks decent on paper, but I do not think it would work out. His best fit in my opinion I know it sounds crazy, but would be to swallow his pride apologize to Donovan McNabb and join the Vikings. McNabb and TO were a strong combination that took the Pats to the brink in the Superbowl. I think they would do well together, especially with strength of Adrian Peterson to control the ball through the run game.

I don't think Manning has ever had that kind of physically gifted receiver. He's always has those speed guys. TO is a different beast. I think it can work for both sides.

It almost sounds like your making excuses for the guy. Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison along with Dallas clark? That's quite a trio.

Terrell Owens even at this point in his career would not mix with Peyton Manning and that organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye