PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tiquan released; Ocho active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silvestro takes gronk's special teams spot?

Looks like everyone (or at least a few members of Patsfans) are already lubed up! Good grief.

I now have a mental image of Tiquan, sitting in a seedy Indy hotel room, teary eyed... with the Superbowl on an oldschool TV in the corner, volume off. He's holding an 8X11 of BB and another of the team's recent photo.... He has the phone right next to him, as he's eating ice cream, while listening to this: Morris Albert - Feelings- Song - YouTube

That sucks for Underwood. Awesome for Silverstro though.

Whats the big deal he only played 2 snaps in the AFC champs game.
Honestly I rather see Chad playing more.

Silvestro provides pass rush depth, which will be needed.

Underwood was able to go to the Super Bowl...seriously. BB was able to give him that experience & get the team ready.

The back of his head must be burning red with embarrassment. Must be tough to be kicked off the team the night before the Super Bowl, business or not.

I actually thought he sounded upbeat.

Folks.......... This is business. It sucks for TiQ... but I'm sure this was all explained to him.

They had to wait on this because of Gronk's status. There was a little sickness going on earlier and perhaps there might be a concern about DL depth. In order to beef it up, they wanted another one on the roster. A Sat. prevents the Giants from picking him up.

So they picked a guy that would almost assuredly pass through waivers and had to released him. Most of the others that will likely be inactive for the game will likely not be PS eligible. They like this kid, and I'm certain he'll be in camp next year. But for now we have a football game to win and we needed (for some reason) some DL help for the game.

It is what it is.

He'll be partying with the team tomorrow night.

Agreed.

Look, we all empathize with TQ, it isn't an ideal situation.

But as mentioned above I'm sure BB handled it with professionalism and will do right by him.

Him being cut had everything to do with the gameplan and preparation for the Giants. TQ wasn't going to help the team. Silvestro helps the team, how? he adds to the DL rotation and can start on special teams.

It's that simple.

"Mental toughness is doing what's best for the team even if it isn't going well for you personally"- Bill Belichick.

As Tiquan said in his Twitter post, there's plenty of people with bigger problems. He knows he's blessed, and because he has the right attitude, at some point in this life he'll be rewarded for it whether it's as a Patriot or not.

Looks like everyone (or at least a few members of Patsfans) are already lubed up! Good grief.

I now have a mental image of Tiquan, sitting in a seedy Indy hotel room, teary eyed... with the Superbowl on an oldschool TV in the corner, volume off. He's holding an 8X11 of BB and another of the team's recent photo.... He has the phone right next to him, as he's eating ice cream, while listening to this: Morris Albert - Feelings- Song - YouTube

:singing: Well played kind sir. I actually LOL'ed on this one. :singing:

OK, let's simplify this:

If Underwood was cut for another WR the night before the Super Bowl, then it would have been cold.

He was cut for a completely different position player with a completely different skill set.

Bill the Builder saw his tool chest necessitated one less wrench and one more hammer to do the job tomorrow.

Last edited:
I can't believe all the pearl clutching over this. Sheesh.

The back of his head must be burning red with embarrassment. Must be tough to be kicked off the team the night before the Super Bowl, business or not.

He has friends on this team and nothing to be embarrassed about IMO. I'm sure BB took care of business the right way.

It's nice to see so many people are concerned for him though.

I wish him well, hopefully he's back.

Last edited:
Breer: League spokesman just informed me the Giants can claim Underwood ... On Monday. So that would explain why a team would wait til Saturday

Which is exactly what they will do, as they grasp at straws trying to figure out how they got beat soundly after they had already announced the win on their web site.

You add another Roman I to the end...and if the texans don't win it next year, he has another chance. After that, he's screwed.

He's screwed cause we'll be back again.

Which is exactly what they will do, as they grasp at straws trying to figure out how they got beat soundly after they had already announced the win on their web site.
And why would they want Underwood, they already have the greatest collection of wide outs ever assembled. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Does anyone remember how Silvestro looked in the MIA game? I remember his name coming up a few times but can't remember if they were positive or negative

Tiquan is handling this with grace and class. Good for him. Hope he gets a ring should the Pats win tomorrow.

Tiquan Underwood
@TiUnderwood

This Is Nothing But MOTIVATION....

7:34 PM - 4 Feb 12 via Echofon

Tiquan Underwood
@TiUnderwood

I Been Thru A LOT...But There Are Ppl In This World w/ More Serious Problems So I Cant Hang The Head....Thank You Lord #Blessed

7:36 PM - 4 Feb 12 via Echofon

Tiquan Underwood
@TiUnderwood

Good Luck To The New Enland Organization, The Coaches, & All My Teammates... #PatsNation

7:39 PM - 4 Feb 12 via Echofon

Silvestro takes gronk's special teams spot?

Best reason so far. I think this may be the reason other than trying to throw a tornado in the Giants game plan

Best reason so far. I think this may be the reason other than trying to throw a tornado in the Giants game plan

If Gronk were 80-90%, I'd think they'd keep him off special teams just as a precaution. Besides, didn't Champ Bailey tell Gronk he wasn't any good at it anyway, lol.

This was probably covered earlier, but on special teams we might have needed a bigger body to take Gronk's place, assuming with the ankle he doesn't play ST tomorrow night

ooops... while I was posting this was discussed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back