PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tiquan released; Ocho active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, if the Pats had no intention of playing him, why not cut him two weeks ago? Even if the Giants somehow picked him up, two weeks is plenty of time for the Pats to come up with a game plan that Tiquan doesn't know about.

I don't believe the decision was made 2 weeks ago. I think the decision of who to activate was a work in progress all along and finalized today.
The staff decided that Silvestro being on the 45 gave them the best chance to win, so one of the players who was going to be a game day inactive needed to be cut.
Maybe I just don't understand why you are so personally offended by this.
Would you feel better if it was Silvestro who didn't get a chance to play so a different inactive did in order to let Underwood say he was on the roster while standing on the sidelines in street clothes?

Really strange. I just hope it doesn't affect team morale.

Have to believe there was an understanding between Belichick and Underwood about this.

I have been thinking the last couple days that on our first offensive play Tom Brady goes deep to Ocho. They will have practiced it repeatedly so there will be no confusion about his route and they catch the Giants by surprise right out of the gate.

Again, if the Pats had no intention of playing him, why not cut him two weeks ago? Even if the Giants somehow picked him up, two weeks is plenty of time for the Pats to come up with a game plan that Tiquan doesn't know about.

1. They wanted him in practice for those two weeks.
2. They decided sometime in the past few days that they needed a spot.
3. They didn't want to give away that they would be adding a practice squader to the roster.
4. They don't want the Giants to claim him so they can sign him again on Monday.
5. They didn't know how ready Ochocinco would be.

At least ONE of those should be enough to make you drop this.

Is your concern that this move will disrupt this team and derail it from its mission? Because I don't think it will, and that's the main thing here.

I mean, yeah, it's hard on the kid. It was hard on Taylor Price when he was cut and Tiquan got a spot — which made Tiquan very happy. And now Ocho and Silvestro are very happy. It's the big leagues, that's the way it happens. They're living their lives at the top of may people's dreams.

As I said earlier, I have full faith the organization will take care of him as far as rings or Super Bowl money. Rapoport even tweeted that they like him and he expects to see him back next year.

I have been thinking the last couple days that on our first offensive play Tom Brady goes deep to Ocho. They will have practiced it repeatedly so there will be no confusion about his route and they catch the Giants by surprise right out of the gate.

Funny, I've had this thought all week. Of course now it seems too obvious. OK ... end around to Edelman who goes deep to Ocho. Much better.

What do you tell your family and friends that you invited? This is tough, we have good karma lets not use it all on such moves at this time. Silverstro better see snaps or this will really suck.
Anyway, who will be the inactives?

Funny, I've had this thought all week. Of course now it seems too obvious. OK ... end around to Edelman who goes deep to Ocho. Much better.

After all the talk on here this week, I feel like the first play needs to be a pass from Edelman to Solder :D

You keep repeating this and you keep IGNORING what everyone is clearly telling you:

1) so that the Giants couldn't pick him up before the game

and

2) to keep the Giants off-guard about personnel. Believe it or not, no Underwood DOES impact whether or not Ocho is used, who will be on ST's (with Silvestro in house) and who might be at OLB.

There are sevral layers there - - - including that Silvestro might not even be active tomorrow.

There was NO reason to do this move two weeks ago.

Throw in a Brady punt just to show them we aren't intimidated by all their talk.

What do you tell your family and friends that you invited? This is tough, we have good karma lets not use it all on such moves at this time. Silverstro better see snaps or this will really suck.

They still keep their tickets and enjoy a Super Bowl game with the exact amount of receptions by Tiquan Underwood that they would have witnessed otherwise.

Next question?

Overreaction is natural (I did it a bit myself) when a roster move is made from within the Hoodie of Silence :cool:

Last edited:

Can you explain to me why this is any different than him being told he will be inactive?
He wasn't playing in the game either way.

a) kinda tells you that BB feels a d player is of more value to the team or that a d player came down with the flu

b) more importantly, tells you that the giants are gonna see a bit of no huddle tomorrow...as Bill feels the dome is gonna play havoc on defenses.

c) I get Old Skools post, it does suck for sure for that kid. It really does. That is really what he is trying to say. by his twitter response he is a great kid. I wish him very well in his career going forward.

d) BB has done, is doing and will do anything in the best interest on NE Patriots, can't blame him for that.

e) the media will take this and have at Bill.

f) it is a business, however this is my (our) team.

very excited for tmr..!!!

Hm, so if this was all planned ahead of time why is he bummed out?

I actually thought he sounded upbeat.

Folks.......... This is business. It sucks for TiQ... but I'm sure this was all explained to him.

They had to wait on this because of Gronk's status. There was a little sickness going on earlier and perhaps there might be a concern about DL depth. In order to beef it up, they wanted another one on the roster. A Sat. prevents the Giants from picking him up.

So they picked a guy that would almost assuredly pass through waivers and had to released him. Most of the others that will likely be inactive for the game will likely not be PS eligible. They like this kid, and I'm certain he'll be in camp next year. But for now we have a football game to win and we needed (for some reason) some DL help for the game.

It is what it is.

He'll be partying with the team tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Breer: League spokesman just informed me the Giants can claim Underwood ... On Monday. So that would explain why a team would wait til Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes