PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tiquan released; Ocho active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why do it the day before the SB and not two weeks ago?

The waiver process takes 24 hours. The game will have started in 24 hours...

Re: Tiquan released

Oh, someone needed to be cut? Is there a rule that says teams have to cut a player the day before the Super Bowl? There isn't is there? Who did the Giants cut today?

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me how much playing time and impact will Silvestro have on the game?

More than Underwood would've had if he wasn't cut.

So the Giants can't claim him? So both Underwood and Silvestro could take part in all the festivities as part of the team?

I think if Underwood is being blindsided by this, and thought he would play, then I feel bad for him. But I doubt that's true.

RapSheet, meanwhile, says he believes the Pats want him back next year.

Pop quiz: Prior to signing Silvestro, who was the primary backup at 3-4 OLB for the Pats?

No one. Hence the move. Can't understand why some people here can't understand that.

Oh, someone needed to be cut? Is there a rule that says teams have to cut a player the day before the Super Bowl? There isn't is there? Who did the Giants cut today?

Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me how much playing time and impact will Silvestro have on the game?

Someone needed to be cut because Silvestro was promoted to the 53.
I can guarantee you his impact will be more than Underwoods would have been, because he will be active and playing and Underwood would have been inactive in street clothes.
Are you now saying Underwood was also entitled to be activated?

1) I'm anticipating a heavy d-line rotation
2) They want stouter special teams
3) Ocho is going to have a big game

Bruschi talked earlier in the week how defenses wear done toward the end of warmindoor games. Makes sense.

No one. Hence the move. Can't understand why some people here can't understand that.

Technically Fletcher, but yeah :p

Last edited:
Well not necessarily. They may well have decided in their last minute preparations and deciding on the 45 actives that they needed another DL and promoted Silvestro. That meant one of the 8 inactives had to be cut. I don't know why people seem to think Underwood has some kind of entitlement to have a roster spot and be an inactive player on the 53 man roster.

Perhaps, but that seems kind of silly to suddenly decide that after two weeks, especially in the last two days of walkthroughs and not really practicing.

My only problem with this is suddenly if we lose people will start blaming BB for "destroying the team's chemistry." :rolleyes:

"Those of you who believe in karma please line up on the left"
"those who don't please line up over there on the right"
Repeat after me "we are gonna be ok", one more time "we are gonna be ok".".
;)

1) I'm anticipating a heavy d-line rotation
2) They want stouter special teams
3) Ocho is going to have a big game

Hmmmmmm...could be that for #3, the ocho light bulb finally came-on just in time for SB, or they dumbed some plays for Ocho :eek:

If Gronk is not a full go, then they have to put Ocho in their for Gints defense to stop doubling Welk and AH

Branch, Welker, Ocho, AH, Even with a gimpy Gronk forces matchup issues. BB realized putting Tiquan or Slater out there is a complete joke.

On the bright side, I guess the Pats will probably run the ball more.

It's official....we have TiquanGate. They hate their coach. BB is such a sadistic, cruel bastard. We are going down in flames since we no longer have Tiquan on our roster. Mutiny on the Bounty....:bricks:

Why do we have to have a coach that cuts players.

I think it's pretty clear BB has planned this. Don't know why there is uch argument. We can argue reasons but there is no way he didn't plan to do this.

I assume it's as reis said... better special teams and maybe an extra DL rotation

Teek must be happy he didn't opt for the tattoo.

As a general rule,
Never opt for the tattoo.

Teek must be happy he didn't opt for the tattoo.

As a general rule,
Never opt for the tattoo.

Screen-Shot-2011-11-02-at-1.33.43-PM.jpg

For those wondering, Super Bowl XLVI happens tomorrow :eek:

Perhaps, but that seems kind of silly to suddenly decide that after two weeks, especially in the last two days of walkthroughs and not really practicing.

My only problem with this is suddenly if we lose people will start blaming BB for "destroying the team's chemistry." :rolleyes:

I don't understand. Why would they make the decision of who is active before they need to?
The 53 players plus everyone on the practice squad are the team.
8 of the 53 don't get activated. When one of the ps guys becomes one of the most valuable 45, because of game plan, injury, outplaying others in practice, etc, then he gets moved up. Some one gets cut, and its a guy WHO WASNT GOING TO BE ACTIVE ANYWAY.
How does Underwoods status of inactive vs cut have anything to do with team chemistry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back