PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fiance is obsessed with Hoomanawanui but I think he's borderline a waste of a roster spot and cap space.. he makes over a million for someone who barely ever sees the field.. how he's making more than vet minimum is a complete mystery to me
He definitely threw down the gloves with the Seachickens in the "Super Brawl"

He definitely threw down the gloves with the Seachickens in the "Super Brawl"
Hooman is a good pass/run blocker and functional insurance in case Gronk can't go.

I'm skeptical if Wright can grow into blocking (run or pass) at an adequate level. I know hes up to 235 but his build is still too slight for the position.

I'm sure it's already been thought of but why not try and convert him to a WR? If Amendola walks, slide Jules to the slot and Wright to WR. The kid is a big target and has good hands. His physical attributes and split times are very similar to Anquan Boldin's. Just a thought...

I agree RW, and I brought up the same option in an earlier post. It definitely may be something they consider.

Wright may not even be on the team next year.
That seems a little pessimistic. I am interested in seeing what Wright can do after a full offseason with the team, unlesss they draft a TE early I imagine he will at the very least be a RedZone target again.

Well, yes. This is a contract year for him, but for $585 he's quite an experienced bargain for this year. 80 catches and 11 TD's in 2 pro seasons is pretty damn good for an undrafted receiving TE.

I thought Lions game was a laugher. They didn't even know he was on the field for both his TD catches that day. Nice player to have when teams focus on Gronk, Lafell and Edelman in the RZ.

Tim Wright's role shrunk because Danny Amendola's health improved. I know that they do not play the same position. Danny is quick and shifty while Tim is still learning so it made sense. For example quick and shifty was needed to defeat Seattle.

No way. I think he just needed a little time to acclimate. The offense didn't really have a role for him this year, yet he still played 30%+ snaps. Also if Vereen goes, it'll necessitate more use for him IMO.

No way. I think he just needed a little time to acclimate. The offense didn't really have a role for him this year, yet he still played 30%+ snaps. Also if Vereen goes, it'll necessitate more use for him IMO.

2 of 74 snaps in the Super Bowl
5 of 78 snaps in the AFCCG
3 of 65 snaps in the Divisional round

Total: 10 of 217 snaps in the playoffs

When the season was on the line, and after he'd had all year to find a role, Wright was on the bench. He also had a grand total of 3 receptions after week 12. Does that guarantee he's gone? No. Is it a good sign for him moving forward? I wouldn't think so.

2 of 74 snaps in the Super Bowl
5 of 78 snaps in the AFCCG
3 of 65 snaps in the Divisional round

Total: 10 of 217 snaps in the playoffs

When the season was on the line, and after he'd had all year to find a role, Wright was on the bench. He also had a grand total of 3 receptions after week 12. Does that guarantee he's gone? No. Is it a good sign for him moving forward? I wouldn't think so.

If he didn't have a frequent role in the regular season, why would he have one on the post season? BB should start Gray during the playoffs and throw Ebner in at safety too. Wright played 30% of snaps during the season, his first year, without TC, behind Gronk in a 1 TE offense. Does that guarantee he'll stay next year. No. But it's a good sign we'll keep him around. Isn't he signed thru next year too?

If he didn't have a frequent role in the regular season, why would he have one on the post season? BB should start Gray during the playoffs and throw Ebner in at safety too. Wright played 30% of snaps during the season, his first year, without TC, behind Gronk in a 1 TE offense. Does that guarantee he'll stay next year. No. But it's a good sign we'll keep him around. Isn't he signed thru next year too?

Wait.... Come on, now.

He played 30% of the snaps in the regular season, which is something you were pimping as evidentiary. Then, when he plays in less than 5% of the snaps in the postseason, you slough off that point with that opening sentence, and talk about a 1 TE offense. Meanwhile, OhOh played 62 snaps, or about 28%, in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Wait.... Come on, now.

He played 30% of the snaps in the regular season, which is something you were pimping as evidentiary. Then, when he plays in less than 5% of the snaps in the postseason, you slough off that point with that opening sentence, and talk about a 1 TE offense. Meanwhile, OhOh played 62 snaps, or about 28%, in the playoffs.

OhOh, the blocking TE? Different TE roles obviously, so not so hard to comprehend. The NE #1 blocking TE splitting duties with who?, Develin, versus the #2 receiving TE behind what's his name, Gronk. It's not hard to do that math.

Why put more emphasis on 3 games versus 16 anyway. Playing time varies widely based on game plan, that we all know. Keep looking at the full season, things get more accurate with more info, although it might be harder to cherry pick a stat.

Like Butler, we have Wright for a couple of years for cheap, Bot are ERFA's in 2015 and 2016. Both will be RFA's in 2017.

We might find an upgrade and cut Wright, but it seems that he will be likely to worth a developmental spot on the 2015 roster. Surely, we shouldn't want to cut him because he couldn't beat out our #3 WR for reps.

That seems a little pessimistic. I am interested in seeing what Wright can do after a full offseason with the team, unlesss they draft a TE early I imagine he will at the very least be a RedZone target again.
It's deus.

Wright definitely has flashed but let's give him a whole year and see what he does. He can't block well and is more like a wr. Maybe add some bulk but I like him as a TE3 strictly for receiving and is a great red zone target.

OhOh, the blocking TE? Different TE roles obviously, so not so hard to comprehend. The NE #1 blocking TE splitting duties with who?, Develin, versus the #2 receiving TE behind what's his name, Gronk. It's not hard to do that math.

TE is TE, and he played about 5% of the postseason snaps. To say you're stretching is to be polite in wildly underselling what you're doing.

Why put more emphasis on 3 games versus 16 anyway. Playing time varies widely based on game plan, that we all know. Keep looking at the full season, things get more accurate with more info, although it might be harder to cherry pick a stat.

Why put more emphasis on the games that were win or go home than on the regular season? Seriously?

Ok, if we're not going to bother with common sense, why bother at all? Let's just go crazy.

Wright's going to have a 500 catch season next year, for about 10,000 yards, and he's going to do it while Malcolm Butler is the Patriots QB, after Brady, JAG and Edelman all jointly decide to sit out in favor of Mr. Butler, after he tears it up in training camp.

Why bother playing this game of "Let's pretend that the playoffs don't count" in the first place? I never said the guy was a 100% guaranteed cut. I just said

Why is that so offensive to you?

Last edited:
Wait.... Come on, now.

For better or for worse, Belichick tends to shy away from playing rookies in the playoffs if he can avoid it.

By the same token, he didn't use Edelman at DB in the second game that shall not be mentioned, and Ridley was inactive.

For better or for worse, Belichick tends to shy away from playing rookies in the playoffs if he can avoid it.

By the same token, he didn't use Edelman at DB in the second game that shall not be mentioned, and Ridley was inactive.

Wright wasn't a rookie.

Wright definitely has flashed but let's give him a whole year and see what he does. He can't block well and is more like a wr. Maybe add some bulk but I like him as a TE3 strictly for receiving and is a great red zone target.
He is a converted WR, so he really is just a pure receiving TE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes