Welcome to PatsFans.com

Three of a Kind

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Sep 17, 2006.

1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 53 / -21

We've talked a lot about cap strategy, running teams, and how to compensate players. It seems that there are two teams that have a similar method to the patriots: Philly and Pitt. They may be our rivals, but in the long run, we have a lot in common, and should give each other mutual respect. Injuries can affect alot, but I suspect that our three teams will be the teams to beat at least over the next five seasons.

2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Does this mean you are back in therapy mg???

Really all hype ever is is a tempest in a teapot. Inherently risky moves when first made look like genius (like say Culpepper to a team who needs a real franchise QB), while intelligent predictable moves when first made (like a team who drafted a RB and WR in the 1st and 2nd rounds this offseason trading a former #1 WR guy who refused to perform for at least 10 weeks for a future #1) inexplicably results in mediot induced angst driven anxiety attacks. ;)

3. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think Phillie maybe closer than Pitts..but I think you are right...very similar to NE...no I think you are correct in it all. Hoping Phillie will do good is one thing..Pitts?? That is hard even though you are correct...HARD to swallow and root for chinman.

4. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Nobody said nuttin' about rooting for anyone. It's just that these are three of the best and most consistently run teams in the league (minus Philly's TO brain fart). Then of course there are the Indy and Cincy models. But most teams with top top heavy offenses and lacklustre defenses (or lots of criminals) have yet to prove they can consistently win anything come the second season.