PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did win their last 6 out of 7 games at home. They don't have any scrubs in their division so that says something.

It doesn't. It really doesn't.

iam not sure but pats have not lost in the meadow lands to the jets since brady has been QB i think...
so either that stat will loom large or eventually the law of averages may catchup

After reading many of the posts in this thread, I have to appreciate a number of the posts that were realistic and reasonably accurate. As far as the Texans are concerned, it was week one. Ryan and the Jets have had months to prepare for them. Case in point, their number one weapon was Johnson. He was neutralized by Revis and one other DB. They hit Schaub early and often and it obviously affected him the entire game.

On offense, Sanchez faced several blitzes and was able to make plays (due to a pocket presence and mobility that no other Jet QB has had in decades).

Next week, if Ryan wants to send three blitzers in the same gap, then Brady will just dump it off and you will have huge gains. What little success Houston had today was on screens to Slaton.

As far as NEs defense, it will be interesting to see how all the new starters on defense fair. Yes Sanchez will feel much more pressure than he did today but Houston (IMO) has a better secondary than NE.

As happy as I am about today, next week's game will not feature either team's best. Jets without Pace, too early in the season for either team to be in their groove, NE coming off a Monday nighter (a bye week but none the less).

We are probably a year away from challenging for the division. This is probably what Belli was thinking when he traded Seymour. We will most likely be a better team next year, so instead of getter older on both offense and defense, you guys will most likely have a top 10 pick (if not much higher).

I look forward to next week but just like this week, its too early in the season to get too excited win or lose.

jets will have shaun ellis back who didnt play this week although pace will be out

Jets were VERY good on both offense and defense.
Then again, Houston looked terrible..

I liked theJets running game Jones 13 carries for 12 yards. Wasn't it? Just like the Raven's game plans. Defense and Running game; wasn't that the formula?:rolleyes:

I watched a few games today. The Jets game was pretty entertaining and the Jets looked good but the Texans appeared to still be in preseason mode. The texans made the Jets defense look much better than it was. First of all, Kris Jenkins looked ridiculous against the texans. Kris has never done half the things he did today against koppen. That alone won the game. The Texans never adjusted to sanchez. Even though he performed well he hit the same thing almost the whole game- 10 yard out routes and a few underneath throws to move the chain. They could have defended the out patterns better and forced them to beat them with something else. Also, the texans should have rode the hot hand with chris brown, could have really helped to set up the pass or play action. I don't want to take away from sanchez but it was definitely more bad play by the Texans.

I can't help but comment on one play the jets ran though. It was a misdirection pitch to leon washington. I would love for the pats to run that play once in a while.

The Texans have some good lineman but nothing like the Dlineplayer packages and looks we'll be throwing at dirty Sanchez.

He will have to leave the pocket and make plays.
That's where we'll fry his asss.

That will allow our young, athletic DB ball-hawks snag a few iNT's hopefully.
Sanchez needs 60 full minutes of pressure. We want lots of mistakes but I would love to see his defense get exposed and out played

Watched a little tape on some past games...
One of the the biggest threats out there is WRCrotchery. He's had a great deal of close catches in key situations (3rd and longs etc.) and needs to be covered in crucial situations. Along with the other guys of coarse (Washington). We know who they are. Crotch needs to be contained and hit hard and frequently, we need make nice hard hits from the DB's. No lucky grabs for Crotchery

I know what their D plan will be. They'll blitz frequently and try to be the NYG in the SB. We'll be ready for Rex's blitzkrieg.
Our line will just need to stay consistent and tight so Tom can pick the guys apart. I see some bombs from Tom.

I hate the Jets, their fans and Rex Ryan has a big mouth and fat man boobs.
I just want to win and get the Jets over with.

The Texans have some good lineman but nothing like the Dlineplayer packages and looks we'll be throwing at dirty Sanchez.

He will have to leave the pocket and make plays.
That's where we'll fry his asss.

That will allow our young, athletic DB ball-hawks snag a few iNT's hopefully.
Sanchez needs 60 full minutes of pressure. We want lots of mistakes but I would love to see his defense get exposed and out played

Watched a little tape on some past games...
One of the the biggest threats out there is WRCrotchery. He's had a great deal of close catches in key situations (3rd and longs etc.) and needs to be covered in crucial situations. Along with the other guys of coarse (Washington). We know who they are. Crotch needs to be contained and hit hard and frequently, we need make nice hard hits from the DB's. No lucky grabs for Crotchery

I know what their D plan will be. They'll blitz frequently and try to be the NYG in the SB. We'll be ready for Rex's blitzkrieg.
Our line will just need to stay consistent and tight so Tom can pick the guys apart. I see some bombs from Tom.

I hate the Jets, their fans and Rex Ryan has a big mouth and fat man boobs.
I just want to win and get the Jets over with.

"The message to the rest of the league is, hey, the Jets are coming, and we're going to give you everything we've got, and that's going to be, I think, more than you can handle,":singing:

"The message to the rest of the league is, hey, the Jets are coming, and we're going to give you everything we've got, and that's going to be, I think, more than you can handle,":singing:

Ummm......

NE
Ten
NO

That's quite possibly a 1-3 start...

Mia
Buf
Oak
Mia

That's anything from 4-0 to 1-3

Jax
NE
Car
Buf

That's probably a 2-2 split

TB
Atl
Ind
Cin

That's 2-2, probably

I doubt that the league is worried at this point.

Ummm......

NE
Ten
NO

That's quite possibly a 1-3 start...

Mia
Buf
Oak
Mia

That's anything from 4-0 to 1-3

Jax
NE
Car
Buf

That's probably a 2-2 split

TB
Atl
Ind
Cin

That's 2-2, probably

I doubt that the league is worried at this point.

Your kidding right? the jest are one of the best teams in the NFL right now.

Your kidding right? the jest are one of the best teams in the NFL right now.

Well, they are currently tied for the best record.....

How about some credit where it's due? The Jets went into Houston onthe first week of the season - with a rookie qb, and coach, and they blew the Texans out of the water. They are 12-4 at home the last two years. And their offense was ranked 4th in the NFL in total yardage last season. The defense SHUT THEM OUT with two of the cornerstones missing. Next week we get Ellis back. Don't think the Patriots are just gonna blow the Jets outta the water next week. It'll be interesting to see them against Buffalo. Here's to a good season.

They looked good, but you didn't know in watching the game whether it was that the Jets were so good, or the Texans were so bad. Their D was quick to get after the QB and shut down the Texan's running game pretty quick. Sanchez, after a slow start, looked pretty good and made some decent throws. They will not be a pushover next week.

Lets face it though. Houstons game plan was lame. They went in with a qb who had a bad ankle. They were missing their #2 WR. Every play was a tight formation w/ just 2 wr sets which invited the d to crowd the line and attack. The pats will spread that Defense wide, and pick apart.

OH and im a bit curious, are you guys at all considered by the loss of seymour?

and, are you worried about having two new starting cornerbacks?
(I think theyre both first time pats, but not sure)

Honestly Shrekk, Seymour has played a full season 2 times in his 8 year career. The Pats have played many games without him. Having said that, you are correct, the defense will be spending the first many weeks learning how to play with each other. It could be rough early on, but once they gel, they should be O.K. The Bills would appear to have better WRs than do the Jets, so let's see how the Pat's D looks in game one, and go from there.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the jetssuck are that I hate them always and forever. They will always be my Number one most hated team.

That said, I think the win over the texans was good. The defense looks sharp and I think the running game will be good enough that sanchez will be more likely to succeed. I admit the game was not available where I am so I am just going off of stats and reports. I also believe the texans are overrated.

I think the jetssuck will keep improving and will be more competitive.

I am interested to see how we handle the jetssuck ground game without seymour and if our D can rattle sanchez. Our D will need time to work the kinks out so this may be the jetssucks best chance to win one. Slim chance but anything is possible.

I'm also interested to see how our O line handles the pass rush. I think our O line is decent but overrated. Capable of awesome games, but also just average at times.

Of course the fact that it is week one makes it almost impossible to predict how good a team is. Didn't BB say you don't really know how good your team is until week 6?

Last edited:
My thoughts on the Jets are that they'll pay for their crimes some day.

Although I can't completely hate any organization that gave Mangina the boot.

How about some credit where it's due? The Jets went into Houston onthe first week of the season - with a rookie qb, and coach, and they blew the Texans out of the water. They are 12-4 at home the last two years. And their offense was ranked 4th in the NFL in total yardage last season. The defense SHUT THEM OUT with two of the cornerstones missing. Next week we get Ellis back. Don't think the Patriots are just gonna blow the Jets outta the water next week. It'll be interesting to see them against Buffalo. Here's to a good season.

Credit you want? OK, we'll give your team credit for winning in WEEK 1, against a bad team. Seriously, Sanchez looked decent, and he'll only get better. Overall, a nice job all by your team, but don't get too excited. Its only week 1. :D

Uhhh read the thread. The Jets are being complimented and Pats fans are discussing pros and cons.

However, how that suddenly translates into Brady can't handle the Meadowlands is... well....

Discuss the game. Don't show up looking for validation here.

If I were a Green Beans fan I'd be truly worried about Tubby Wrecks dying of a heart attack before he builds a winner in Jersey. That gut he's hauling around must weigh at least 70 pounds.

sanchaz had some help but was very impresive
Jets played against

1) A not so good defence.
2) 4-3 which he has seen from school and college
3) No tackles of houston could not do crap and are really bad.
4) Blitz was horrible too they blitzed with no way to get to the QB as the tackles were on single blockers.
5) 2 dropped interceptions
6) Houston offence which was horrible to say the least. double johnson and 8 in the box and they were shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News