PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I don't care as much about the prospects of Sanchez being good compared to how much I want Rex Ryan to fall flat on his ass.

Dirty passed the 1st test, looking like he belongs in the NFL and posting a credible start. Good mobility. Throws on the run. He needs to watch the game film and correct his 'playmaking' penchant that luckily did not result in more picks.

Ellis will be back to play against the Pats. Pats need to counteract Jenkins (have Koppen fall down and Jenk stumble over his prone body?) and work to aviod the effective and deadly up the middle blitz that I think the Jets will bring.

If our DBs can't cover the Jets WRs adequately as I believe they can, regardless of the Jets game outcome, it will be a long and frustrating season for Pats fans.

Jones had done basically nothing until the last two drives against a beaten Texans defense.

Look, I understand that you're a Jets fan. I'll give you the same advice I give to Patriots fans. When it comes to the Koolaid, take sips and not chugs. Sanchez did not play well last night, and he did not play poorly. He played like a first-time quarterback. Had the Texans not stunk out the joint, they could have had 4 or more interceptions.

Did you watch the game? Jones' first big run came the drive immediately after the Texans D had cut it to 17-7 with the interception return. A beaten D? The stadium was rocking, momentum might have shifted if the D had gotten a stop. Game wasn't over until after that run.

Did you watch the game? Jones' first big run came the drive immediately after the Texans D had cut it to 17-7 with the interception return. A beaten D? The stadium was rocking, momentum might have shifted if the D had gotten a stop. Game wasn't over until after that run.

I watched the game. I was stunned at how poorly the home team played after the first adrenaline hit wore off. Again, you should try sipping the Koolaid. You beat a soft team that played terribly. It had a center that was coming back from injury and couldn't even slow Jenkins down as a result. It was missing players, had a gimpy QB and dropped easy interceptions.

The Jets were doing things nobody had seem them do under the new coach, while the Texans were.... the Texans. If the Jets play only at that level next week, they'll lose by 30.

That being said, your new QB got his win and got his feet wet. This could be a huge boost to his confidence and you can expect improvement now that's he's played a real NFL game. But if you don't understand that the game could have been over before he even started tossing those little screens, and if you don't understand WHY the Jets started tossing those little screens, you need to study up on the game.

Sanchez threw 4 easy picks, including 2 that would have been pick 6 material) in this game and the Texans only got one of them. The Jets will get pimped because they won a game.

If Sanchez plays like that Against New England, he'll get the hook by the third quarter.

Thank you! I was starting to think I was the only one who actually watched the game...including espn and nfln people.

Thank you! I was starting to think I was the only one who actually watched the game...including espn and nfln people.

It got me thinking, too. Stopping the run and taking Cotchery out of the game, even without a hundred sacks could a nice start to Meri's 8 pick season. :D

I thought the Jets OL played great - They kept one of the best DL in the league in Mario Williams off of Sanchez most of the game.

When the Jets play a top team then I will rate them. Let's see how they fare against us. However yesterdays game showed a great defense with two starters missing. I wasn't impressed by RB Jones. Sanchez looks like he can play.

When the Jets play a top team then I will rate them. Let's see how they fare against us. However yesterdays game showed a great defense with two starters missing. I wasn't impressed by RB Jones. Sanchez looks like he can play.

This is fair, agree with you. We have to respect them for now. I would say I'm worried by an excellent performance though. Anyways divisional competition is good for us.

This is fair, agree with you. We have to respect them for now. I would say I'm worried by an excellent performance though. Anyways divisional competition is good for us.

Absolutely. Let's beat good teams to win the division for a change.

The Jets took advantage of some mismatches to upset the rythem of the Texans. But that is what football has become, exploiting mismatches.

I don't think anybody knows what type team the Jets are yet, but we need a win against Buffalo before we should start thinking sbout the Jets.

I watched the game. I was stunned at how poorly the home team played after the first adrenaline hit wore off. Again, you should try sipping the Koolaid. You beat a soft team that played terribly. It had a center that was coming back from injury and couldn't even slow Jenkins down as a result. It was missing players, had a gimpy QB and dropped easy interceptions.

The Jets were doing things nobody had seem them do under the new coach, while the Texans were.... the Texans. If the Jets play only at that level next week, they'll lose by 30.

That being said, your new QB got his win and got his feet wet. This could be a huge boost to his confidence and you can expect improvement now that's he's played a real NFL game. But if you don't understand that the game could have been over before he even started tossing those little screens, and if you don't understand WHY the Jets started tossing those little screens, you need to study up on the game.

If you think that Jenkins' performance was related to the center's recovery from injury, I don't know what to tell you; Meyers isn't the first center Jenkins has treated like that (in fact, I seem to remember him rag dolling Koppen once or twice last season). The Pats OL will have their hands full; whether they win or lose that battle will be the key for the Pats.

You seem to be downplaying the Jets simply because they beat the Texans; yes, the Texans aren't a great team, but when you can flat out dominate any NFL team the way the Jets did to the Texans yesterday, it's something special.

Like I said, I actually don't expect the Jets to win this week. But if you think it's going to be a blowout, you're flat out nuts.

If you think that Jenkins' performance was related to the center's recovery from injury, I don't know what to tell you; Meyers isn't the first center Jenkins has treated like that (in fact, I seem to remember him rag dolling Koppen once or twice last season). The Pats OL will have their hands full; whether they win or lose that battle will be the key for the Pats.

You seem to be downplaying the Jets simply because they beat the Texans; yes, the Texans aren't a great team, but when you can flat out dominate any NFL team the way the Jets did to the Texans yesterday, it's something special.

Like I said, I actually don't expect the Jets to win this week. But if you think it's going to be a blowout, you're flat out nuts.

1. The Jets whipped the Texans in all aspects of the game. Weak team or not, the Jets took care of business and deserve full credit and respect for that. We don't know yet how good these Jets are (or these Pats, for that matter), but one of the hallmarks of a really good team is not losing to lesser teams.

2. The Pats need to take care of the Bills tonight before looking forward to the Jets.

3. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

4. With that in mind, my best guess at this time is that we take care of business tonight and then handle the Jets next week. But there's a lot of work to be done, and nothing is a given. We'll have a better idea after tonight how the Pats look.

Easy schedule 9-11 wins for the Jests. Maybe win the division. Pats schedule is way too tough this season. Too bad.
You need to add a smiley face so people reaize you're joking.

I liked theJets running game Jones 13 carries for 12 yards. Wasn't it? Just like the Raven's game plans. Defense and Running game; wasn't that the formula?:rolleyes:

it was 107 yards on 20 carries with 2 TD's buddy ;)

Good post. If you keep that tone and those smarts about you, you'll join Gunnails as a respected (wrong, mind you, but respected) voice for the Jets and avoid people's ignore lists. In that spirit, Welcome to the Board.

if you read what i posted earlier in this thread, i think you'll see that I did give them due credit, as did many others along the way.

i watched the game from end to end. the D was formidable, but not tested by a first rate offense. also there were a couple of dumb penalties for roughness after plays ended; i always worry when i see that early in the season as it tends to indicate a lack of discipline that will not improve as the season goes on.

as for Sanchez, he removed any doubts that he can start in the NFL, but two relatively easy INT's were dropped and, let's be honest, his one TD pass was the result of a blown coverage by a rookie--any QB on any NFL roster could have connected on that pass or been on his way to the Practice Squad today. However, I will grant that the pass to Keller towards the end of the game was a big time play and that he showed a lot of poise.

if you think we are greeting this win with too much skepticism, i remind you that it has been the Jets' pattern for some time now that they are going to win the Super Bowl in September. but i do agree that next Sunday's game will be a war, with the Jets having the advantage of an extra day's rest and home field.

Thanks man.

I didn't read the whole thread, but I did see some criticism that was unwarranted. It's also good to see you guys looking at this objectively, and that can be a hard team, especially against a bitter rival.

As for the penalties, I'm really not worried. This team has always been one of the most disciplined teams over the past few years with the least amount of penalties. However, if they commit unsportsmanlike conduct//unnecessary roughness left and right, then it will be a concern. I'll wait a few weeks to see what type of discipline the Jets have.

As for Sanchez, he did get lucky on one or two occasions, but fact is, he only gave up one pick. He was UNBELIEVABLE on third down. The receivers were great with YAC, and Sanchez was very accurate. I expect a tougher test next week against Belichick's scheme & the Pats' defense. Although I AM happy Richard Seymour is no longer a concern. :D

As a Jet fan, the absolute LAST thing I am doing is thinking this is a SB in September. I know all too well things can implode (see last season). I am not making this any bigger than it is, a week one victory. We are not even playoff contenders yet as far as I'm concerned. I know this team has the potential to get there, but I am not making any knee jerk judgements after one game. This team has to prove they can play with the big boys, and they have to get respect by playing hard and winning against good teams on a consistent basis.

Looking forward to watching two divisional foes tonight. Should be some quality scouting for next week and for the rest of the season!

it was 107 yards on 20 carries with 2 TD's buddy ;)

Dude, I'm a Jets fan. TJ was not that good yesterday. He was okay. In the first half he averaged approximately 1 ypc, which was abysmal. Leon was much more effective in the first half. I think TJ broke one or two runs, that's it. He has got to be better at picking up yards on a consistent basis. Like on first down in the first or second qtr, that would be nice. It's important to setting the tone with our run game and controlling the line of scrimmage.

One thing that is good about TJ, and the rest of the OLine and the rest of the entire team for that matter, is that they are EXTREMELY well conditioned. In the post-game pressers with Rex & Sanchez, I remember Mark saying how he was shocked how un-fatigued the huddle was in the 4th qtr, while the Texans were busy sucking wind. He said no one was breathing heavy or lagging behind. They were all there in the huddle, attentive, and listening for the call. That is GREAT news, and should serve this team a bunch in the second half of games, as well as the later parts of the season.

Last edited:
Ummm......

NE
Ten
NO

That's quite possibly a 1-3 start...

I agree here, although I would not be surprised for a 2-2 start, 3-1 if we are lucky.

Mia
Buf
Oak
Mia

That's anything from 4-0 to 1-3[/QUOTE]

Ill be reasonable and say 3-1, win against oak and buf, and split the miami series.
Jax
NE
Car
Buf

That's probably a 2-2 split

2-2 or 3-1

loss at NE imo, win vs jax and buf, if carolina plays like they did yesterday, thats another W.
TB
Atl
Ind
Cin

That's 2-2, probably

quiet honestly, indy will run away with that division, and I doubt they will be giving it their all in the final two weeks once they clinch, which will be before the jets play them.

I say 3-1

So basically I optimistically im looking at 10-6 11-5 second place AFC east.

Pittsburgh honestly looks like they've taken a step back, highly unlikely that they will repeat. Ravens also look like they have some trepidation allowing KC to score 24 points in their house starting their 2nd string quarterback. I dont recall them allowing more than 20 point in many games last yr. Chargers win division by default since everyone else in the west is awful. AFC south is the colts' this year, so I think the wild card competition comes down to Ravens, Jets, Titans and Fins. most likely is the ravens, least likely, the fins due to their brutal schedule from start to finish. Jets and Titans caught in the middle. Sound reasonable?

Sanchez threw 4 easy picks, including 2 that would have been pick 6 material) in this game and the Texans only got one of them. The Jets will get pimped because they won a game.

If Sanchez plays like that Against New England, he'll get the hook by the third quarter.

I think that's the key - You give the Patriots Offense a few opportunities and it's lights out.

Not to mention Bill will have a little something for the rookie QB. He's a pretty smart guy - Bill that is. :)

Hey fellas. Good luck tonight against the Jills. Really look forward to next week to see how good we are / aren't. There is already a thread on our board titled "the unofficial "We're losing to the Pats* next week and it's OK" thread". Anyway, I know you probably think Rex Ryan is a loud mouthed idiot, and he might be, but after 3 years of Mangini it really is a breath of fresh air (even if the breath smells like he just ate 10 big macs). We finally have hope, but as Red said in The SHawshank Redemption...Hope is a dangerous thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST