PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts On Perfect Season and Best Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now, I can celebrate what cannot be taken away. Tom's stats, BB rubbing it into the media and opposition talking heads every week, our defense and offensive lines, our special teams including Chrostowski, and the greatest Owner and Fans in the NFL.

:wha: That may be the best misspelling of Gostkowski I've ever seen. ;)

ctpatsfan77,I enjoyed your answer.In reply to your post consider this.Anyone who knows football saw the blatent horse collar on that last play I referred to.A horse collar is an immeadiate penalty in 2007 rules.That would have given the ravens another play from 1/2 yard out.There is very little doubt they would have scored.

Also if you look carefully at the replays,the last Pats TD was being juggled as the receiver went OB and was not a legitimate TD.

I am not a troll as referred to.I am a fan of the greatest team in this decade,the New England Patriots.I do believe in fair play though,not only by our team but by the NFL officials.Our team did nothing wrong.The fault I am pointing to is solely that of the officials.

As to the comment that I don`t know football.That person should think before writing.I was a line judge in the NFL for 14 years, friend.

ctpatsfan77,I enjoyed your answer.In reply to your post consider this.Anyone who knows football saw the blatent horse collar on that last play I referred to.A horse collar is an immeadiate penalty in 2007 rules.That would have given the ravens another play from 1/2 yard out.There is very little doubt they would have scored.

Also if you look carefully at the replays,the last Pats TD was being juggled as the receiver went OB and was not a legitimate TD.

I am not a troll as referred to.I am a fan of the greatest team in this decade,the New England Patriots.I do believe in fair play though,not only by our team but by the NFL officials.Our team did nothing wrong.The fault I am pointing to is solely that of the officials.

As to the comment that I don`t know football.That person should think before writing.I was a line judge in the NFL for 14 years, friend.

Ed Hochuli--that you?

This is a hilarious response. Thanks for keeping the humor level up at Patsfans.com!

1) Are we holding back from just enjoying the ride until its over?

I don't think so, this team and any team will hit a lull.. they are winning, there are no style points in the NFL.. I have never lost my enthusiasm as long as there is a w at the end.

2) When did you start believing in the perfect season?

Not sure when, not sure even now.. never know what can happen on a given sunday.. although I am believing more and more now.

3) If you were one of the 'your an idiot for even suggesting 19-0' guys, at what point did you realize it was more likely than not.

Not sure I ever suggested that we would go 19-0, I drink the koolaid every time I come to this board.. right now Miami is on tap, lets worry about today and then worry about tommorrow.. I do believe more and more this is possible despite all the hype about there is a blueprint to beat the pats, the pats aren't physical enough on and on yakkety yak.. all the while media whores try to invent issues that do not exist except in their mind and whose sole purpose is to create viewers and so called interest about a very mundane game.

Last edited:
Being a Boston area fan, I fall into that familiar behavior pattern when rooting for the Pats. That pattern involves enjoying every game, reveling in every win, and not worrying about anything else but the next game. I started this pattern well before BB joined our sports culture, and it was a learned behavior from rooting for the combination of the Patriots, Red Sox, and Bruins. (I root for the Celts, too, but they were very different than the other 3 when I was growing up.)

At this time, I'm so in the moment, that I'm uncomfortable with any talk of a "perfect season," even now when so many think it's a done deal. I don't buy it, and I'll take stock of everything after the last game, whenever that may be.

Don't get me wrong, this is a special season and one that I've not experienced at any other time. I know this and, because of this, enjoy every play of every game just to savor this feeling for as long as it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft